• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Quick Question Regarding Soul Silver ROM

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    This very well may be an impossible question to be answered, but I thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone knew the answer.

Basically, I want to do a randomizer Nuzlocke challenge on a Soul Silver ROM.

However, I would very much like to be given the option by Elm to choose a shiny Porygon-Z when he gives me the opportunity to choose a pokemon.

Is there any way for me to be able to both apply the randomizer and make sure that there is a shiny porygon-Z waiting for me in the lab?

Really appreciate the help guys!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    You'd have to edit the script that gives you a starter using SDSME. HGSS has a function that will allow you to battle a shiny Pokemon, but I don't know if it has one that will give you a shiny; it may not be possible at all without some fairly advanced hacking knowledge. I'd suggest just editing your save file with Poke Gen to turn your regular starter into a shiny Porygon-Z instead, it'd be much easier.

Back