• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2015
    Hi frst day and post here,

is it possible to play Hacks like Pokemon Glazed in German? i dont have a problem with English dialoges but the English Pokemon names (and the attacks) are rly confusing because I played all games in German^^

Years
    Is there a way to expand Trainer flags?
    No, not that we have figured out yet. You'd need to allocate new sections of memory and whatnot for them.

Hi frst day and post here,

is it possible to play Hacks like Pokemon Glazed in German? i dont have a problem with English dialoges but the English Pokemon names (and the attacks) are rly confusing because I played all games in German^^
    No, you'd have to translate it yourself.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2015
    Does anyone know the offset to find the sprite for the Pokemon that appears in the over-world when you use FLY(HM02) outside of battle in Pokemon Emerald.

Also could use the offset for SURF wailmer overworld sprite.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Uhm, this might be a silly question, but when should you start worrying about running out of space in your ROM? When scripting my FSF is taking me well into the 92000s when finding free space for scripts. =/ I'm just worried because it seems like such a lot although I do have a lot of ASM in there. Have I got little to no space left? I just wish I had some idea, before I go working a lot more on my hack just to find that there can't be any more done to it =(

Years
    That's not entirely true, assuming you're talking about FireRed. You do need to free up some memory, but that's not that difficult—just disable the previously-on stuff from whenever you load a saved game.
    Thanks, but that's not quite what I meant. I think the main problem would be actually finding how to change the flags that the various functions look at. I can see that there are quite a few places dedicated to trainers and their flags in IDA, but so far nobody has bothered to look through them and alter what flags they check as far as I know.

Uhm, this might be a silly question, but when should you start worrying about running out of space in your ROM? When scripting my FSF is taking me well into the 92000s when finding free space for scripts. =/ I'm just worried because it seems like such a lot although I do have a lot of ASM in there. Have I got little to no space left? I just wish I had some idea, before I go working a lot more on my hack just to find that there can't be any more done to it =(
    You can expand your ROM, and it's both easy and safe. You'll just have to use 09 instead of 08 in your pointers.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Adding on to what NewDenverCity said, don't worry you'll still got tons of space left. Free space goes all the way up to FFFFFF so you shouldn't have to expand it or anything unless you're planning on adding an excessive amount of content.

Also, not sure what script editor you're using but there's no need to use FSF to locate space for your scripts. That's exactly what the #dynamic command in XSE is meant to be used for.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Running into a little problem with giving out TM 02 Dragon Claw.

is this not the correct way to do it.

"Too less perimeters (on the giveitem line) correct number is 3"

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Running into a little problem with giving out TM 02 Dragon Claw.

is this not the correct way to do it.

"Too less perimeters (on the giveitem line) correct number is 3"

Spoiler:

This is an easy fix. Your give item only has 2 of the three parts that it needs to work.
    Either write giveitem 0x122 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN (If a person gives the item) or giveitem 0x122 0x1 MSG_FIND (Finding an item on the ground.)
    They both make the Message appear so you don't need the msgbox.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    This is an easy fix. Your give item only has 2 of the three parts that it needs to work.
    Either write giveitem 0x122 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN (If a person gives the item) or giveitem 0x122 0x1 MSG_FIND (Finding an item on the ground.)
    They both make the Message appear so you don't need the msgbox.

Ahh I see, thank you :)

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I literally know nothing about this, will it damage my game?

Will this damage my game? I really know so little :(

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Say I deleted someone I need for the story line. could I get rid of the hack, oris my game ruined?

And where do I start, do I need some program, and are there tutorial videos?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back