• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
    There is a tools and resources tjthread here . you may find some ROM bases of didifferent ROMs. Most are fire red bases

Years
    You guys, what do you think? You know destinedjagold's Pokemon Skyline? You know one of its features? You must talk with trainers to battle with them.
    Do you think that will be a good feature for my Fire red hack?

SidDays

Professional Lurker
    Years
    Quick question - can someone guide me on how to edit the text boxes in Fire Red? There's only a tutorial on how to change their pallets, I want to change the actual graphics, every other hack is doing it.

(in the newest NSE, changing that specific graphic doesn't work.)

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    You guys, what do you think? You know destinedjagold's Pokemon Skyline? You know one of its features? You must talk with trainers to battle with them.
    Do you think that will be a good feature for my Fire red hack?

Sure, I don't see why that would be bad.

does anyone know what the offset is for the script in which prof birch gives the player the national dex in emerald?

Do you need the special for national dex? It's special 0x1F3 if I remember correctly.

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
    Do you need the special for national dex? It's special 0x1F3 if I remember correctly.

no, i know the special, i actually want the whole script so i can edit it, it doesn't seem to come up on advance map at all (much like the script where you pick red or blue for latias or latios), and i have no idea where to find it

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    no, i know the special, i actually want the whole script so i can edit it, it doesn't seem to come up on advance map at all (much like the script where you pick red or blue for latias or latios), and i have no idea where to find it

Hmm... would you remind me when it happens? I haven't played EM in a while, I think it'd be able to find it

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
    Hmm... would you remind me when it happens? I haven't played EM in a while, I think it'd be able to find it

when you defeat the elite 4 for the first time and leave your house the rival and prof birch are standing outside and immediately talk to you, birch says something (i can't quite remember), then the player is taken to birch's lab where birch will update the pokedex, it's the script in the lab that i'm trying to edit, so that the national dex isn't given to the player twice, hope this makes sense

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    when you defeat the elite 4 for the first time and leave your house the rival and prof birch are standing outside and immediately talk to you, birch says something (i can't quite remember), then the player is taken to birch's lab where birch will update the pokedex, it's the script in the lab that i'm trying to edit, so that the national dex isn't given to the player twice, hope this makes sense

1F9E80
    Are you interested to know how I found it, or are you happy with that?

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    What offset in RAM is variable 0x4011 stored in? (the whole 4011-40FF range would be awesome). I can't seem to find documentation by simply using the board's search feature.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    that's exactly the script i was looking for! ^^ thanks a lot! sure, i'd love to know how you found it

I found a video of the script, saw the dialogue in it, went to a text and found the dialogues offset, made it a pointer, looked for it in the rom, then went a few bytes back in XSE.

tioeduardo27

tioeduardo
    Years
    Hey guys! Thanks for helping new members like me!

My question is about 3rd gen (FireRed) and sprites:
    Is it possible to have more than two sprites for a Pokémon? Secondly, can a Pokémon have two different palettes?
    As in having (more than) two different colorations for a Pokémon (normal, shiny-A, shiny-B, shiny-C, etc).

Thanks for answering!

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    Hey guys! Thanks for helping new members like me!

My question is about 3rd gen (FireRed) and sprites:
    Is it possible to have more than two sprites for a Pokémon? Secondly, can a Pokémon have two different palettes?
    As in having (more than) two different colorations for a Pokémon (normal, shiny-A, shiny-B, shiny-C, etc).

Thanks for answering!

Well this probably isnt the answer you would like but its a way to do it. In g3hs expand the available pokemon and then copy all the stats and movesets and etc of the pokemon you want another shiny of. Then when adding the sprites just change the shiny form. But there are downsides to this: it takes up more wildpokemon slots, and it would take forever to do.
    But it would work.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    Is there a way to have tunnels in rby always be clear like other areas? For example not having to use flash in rock tunnel because everything is already visible.

Years
    Casual post to inform you all that script-related queries now have their own sparkly new thread independent of this one, found here. Because of forum shenanigans the old script-related posts will stay here, but in the future please post there if you have any scripting problems, not here. Thanks!

Years
    • He or They
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    So non-scripty stuff for here?

Alright, I got a question. Where is the location of the TM moves stored? I tried looking at the item list where the TM items, and it doesn't seem to store there the moves, just the descriptions, price and bag location for the TM, unless I missed something. I tried searching for 'TM table' on the forum and didn't find anything except a comment saying 'you would have to change the TM table to change the moves'.

I have a tool that does some edits but it doesn't show attack names if you add on extra attacks (and it does not seem to have an Ini file I can edit either), so I'd like to be able to fiddle with it manually / by hex.

edit: okay, I think I found it.

It begins at 0x45a80c? it seems to follow a two byte structure, same as move tutor. Posting that here in case that helps someone else, perhaps.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back