• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
    Quick Questions & Answers

Now that I've fixed the comment starter I get this error now. What should I do?
    example of what i mean
    Code:
    .thumb
    .align

.equ number_of_mons_in_regional_dex,	300	[b]/*or however long you wanted your regional dex to be*/[/b]
    .equ number_of_mons_in_national_dex,	721
    the boldfaced is commented out

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2017
    example of what i mean
    Code:
    .thumb
    .align

.equ number_of_mons_in_regional_dex,	300	[b]/*or however long you wanted your regional dex to be*/[/b]
    .equ number_of_mons_in_national_dex,	721
    the boldfaced is commented out
    Quick Questions & Answers

Now I have only these four errors left.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Is there a list of OW animation pointers for FR anywhere on PC? Like hero-sit, hero-use, etc.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    So I have a question that's probably pretty basic. I downloaded a FR rombase that supports all sorts of new stuff like 721+ pokemon, mega evolutions, pss, etc. What I'm wondering about is how to implement those pokemon outside of the gen 1-3 range into an area.

The only tool I'm aware of is A-map to change pokemon in a given area, but A-map only lets me use gen 1-3 pokemon. For instance, if i want torchic on route one of FR I can do that with or without the rombase, but I don't know how to generate wild tepigs there. If anyone could help you would have my love :)

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
    So I have a question that's probably pretty basic. I downloaded a FR rombase that supports all sorts of new stuff like 721+ pokemon, mega evolutions, pss, etc. What I'm wondering about is how to implement those pokemon outside of the gen 1-3 range into an area.

The only tool I'm aware of is A-map to change pokemon in a given area, but A-map only lets me use gen 1-3 pokemon. For instance, if i want torchic on route one of FR I can do that with or without the rombase, but I don't know how to generate wild tepigs there. If anyone could help you would have my love :)
    eyyyy
    https://gogojjtech.com/tools/
    download the amap from there
    in a hex editor, navigate to address d027c. the two bytes there will be 98 01 iirc.
    so basically, take your new number of pokemon, i.e. 806. convert it to hexadecimal. 326.
    add a 0 at the beginning. 0326. split them into pairs. 26 03. type that over 98 01
    bam, amap reads 806 pok?mon :D

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    Ive seen tutorials and all about this but i cant understand some of them and its not working for me so if i can get a detailed explaination from someone whos better at this thatd be great.

Im making a game for my friends birthday and they love empoleon so i want to put that into firered, i got the sprites to work just fine but not the color pallettes. I got the sprites online that were ripped from Platimun. It lets one sprite have real pallettes but the others turn green or orange. I need to know what to do next to have the pallettes work(or have someone willing to help). Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Does anybody know if the trainer card has a tilemap? Unlike most compressed images, it doesn't come right after the tileset in unLZ. I've both searched unLZ and tried logging but to no avail. The tileset image is broken down in unLZ to conserve space, so I figure that it has to have a tilemap... somewhere.

The tileset image is located at xE991F8 if that helps.

Nevermind, figured it out.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2016
    In Advance Map 1.92 is there a way to use offsets of expanded rom? If I put for example $1B00110 I'll obtain $B00110...

Years
    So I've been playing Kanto Black a lot recently (great hack BTW), and it seems like the creator of that hack somehow removed habitats from the Pokedex (it only lists National and Kanto dex and nothing else). Anyone know how to replicate this? I personally feel like habitats are a pain in the ass that only complicates things, so I feel like removing it would get rid of a lot of tedium.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2022
    Hello, I have recently patched my emerald rom with a 650 path. I have the correct ini's so that it works with G3HS and with advance map but I do not know how to edit trainers. When I try to edit wild pokemon in advance map it works and I can add pokemon from Sinnoh and Unova that normally I could not. However when I try to use HTE or UTE i can only see pokemon up until Chimecho. Is there another way to edit trainers? Can I edit them in the hex? Or is there a way to edit the ini of HTE so that i can expand the pokedex? Obviously hacks have done this before so I know it is possible. Any help is appreciated!

Jcool

Stellar
    Years
    Is there a way to use the DNS tool and scripting to change the time within the game manually? I want events in my game to occur at certain times and the palettes of the tiles to change with them for the atmosphere, but don't want players to have to wait until the game actually becomes that time in real time.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
    Hello, I have recently patched my emerald rom with a 650 path. I have the correct ini's so that it works with G3HS and with advance map but I do not know how to edit trainers. When I try to edit wild pokemon in advance map it works and I can add pokemon from Sinnoh and Unova that normally I could not. However when I try to use HTE or UTE i can only see pokemon up until Chimecho. Is there another way to edit trainers? Can I edit them in the hex? Or is there a way to edit the ini of HTE so that i can expand the pokedex? Obviously hacks have done this before so I know it is possible. Any help is appreciated!

You've answered your own question. Go to HTE's ini file(I think it's called ROMS), open it up in Notepad. Go to the ROM you are hacking(Emerald is BPEE, if I'm not mistaken). Then change the NumberofPokemon value to the same value as it is in the other ini files. That should do it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2022
    You've answered your own question. Go to HTE's ini file(I think it's called ROMS), open it up in Notepad. Go to the ROM you are hacking(Emerald is BPEE, if I'm not mistaken). Then change the NumberofPokemon value to the same value as it is in the other ini files. That should do it.

Thanks so far this seems to be working but I have one more follow up question before I do, this one might seem more like a noob question but I'm not sure how to change the starter now to a gen. 4 starter in emerald. I can't use AdvanceStarter since it only reaches Chimecho and doesnt have a config to change. Thanks for the help

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
    Thanks so far this seems to be working but I have one more follow up question before I do, this one might seem more like a noob question but I'm not sure how to change the starter now to a gen. 4 starter in emerald. I can't use AdvanceStarter since it only reaches Chimecho and doesnt have a config to change. Thanks for the help

I know that PGE (Pokemon Game Editor), has a RSE (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald) starter editor and if you adjust PGE's ini's appropriately(to match G3HS's ini offsets), you should be able to choose a gen 4 starter.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2022
    I know that PGE (Pokemon Game Editor), has a RSE (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald) starter editor and if you adjust PGE's ini's appropriately(to match G3HS's ini offsets), you should be able to choose a gen 4 starter.

Thanks so much this worked!

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    Hello there, i'm sorry to bother, but someone knows how to actually make work the evolutions on a expanded evolution table?

any NEW pokemon that reaches its supposed to evolve level doesn't evolve...
    it shows the animation, but it cuts at the point where it alternates between the new and actual sprite, and just gives me a ""..........?"" text...
    Pokemon from Bulbasaur to Deoxys works fine, but from Piplup to Volcanion doesn't
    i appreciate any help... :/
    thanks in advance

EDIT:
    i expanded the table with the G3HS tool....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back