• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    Can anyone point me to a tutorial on adding Gen 4 and Gen 5 Pokemon to a GBA Rom (E/FR/LG)?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Can anyone tell me how to connect two maps correctly without changing tilesets?

Either put a gate inbetween (or any kind of warp) or only use tiles that are in the primary tileset near the area where the two maps connect. After like 6 blocks in (iirc) the map has loaded the new second tileset. Just play around in VBA and edit your map accordingly.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Really need help understanding the surf script.

Spoiler:

Changing the text is easy enough but no matter what I do I can't change the 'checkattack', it only works if a Pokemon has surf even when I remove that part. Also where does it check for the badge requirement?

Thanks, this is driving me crazy

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Really need help understanding the surf script.

Spoiler:

Changing the text is easy enough but no matter what I do I can't change the 'checkattack', it only works if a Pokemon has surf even when I remove that part. Also where does it check for the badge requirement?

Thanks, this is driving me crazy

Check this out:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=338513

It should help with modifying Surf.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Ok I understand what my problem is, from the thread you showed me there is another area where more requirements are made. To remove the HM requirement in FireRed you just put 00 at 0x6D588 - 0x6D589. This would be the solution if I was hacking FireRed but I'm hacking Emerald and I have no idea where the HM check is. I've spent hours searching for a similar hex string but changing 0C D1 to 00 00 (after removing the check in the actual script) seems to do nothing. (It probably does something somewhere but after testing it, I just go back to my backup copy).

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2023
    i edited eevee's evolutions to espeon and umbreon to evolve with sun/moon stone but when i use it it says "HUH" and nothing happens, and i still have that stone i used... i also enabled evolutions without national dex with MISC.EDITOR program and yet nothing..
    what could it be ?
    also i made those items buyable at celadon store ..

Years
    Last I checked, Pokémon in Gen 3 were limited to five possible evolutions only. Unless someone made a tutorial on how to change that, you'll have to work around it.

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
    i edited eevee's evolutions to espeon and umbreon to evolve with sun/moon stone but when i use it it says "HUH" and nothing happens, and i still have that stone i used... i also enabled evolutions without national dex with MISC.EDITOR program and yet nothing..
    what could it be ?
    also i made those items buyable at celadon store ..

try doing this instead
    At 0xCE91A change the next 4 bytes to 00 00 14 E0. This makes the previously conditional branch into an unconditional branch, which fixes the evolutions.

Years
    In FireRed, there's a color command called [black_fr]. It makes the text black, right? Is there a command like that for Emerald?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
    In FireRed, there's a color command called [black_fr]. It makes the text black, right? Is there a command like that for Emerald?

There's a whole bunch of message codes for Emerald, but the one you are looking for is [darkgrey_em]. To look at them all in detail, open up XSE, press F2 to open the guide and then click 'Appendix > Message Codes'.

Years
    There's a whole bunch of message codes for Emerald, but the one you are looking for is [darkgrey_em]. To look at them all in detail, open up XSE, press F2 to open the guide and then click 'Appendix > Message Codes'.

Sadly, its not dark enough, but thanks, anyway!

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2023
    Go to that same offset and change the 97 there to FB with a hex editor. It should allow all Pokémon including and following Celebi to evolve without the National Dex.

https://snag.gy/IefRI.jpg
    which one, i dont have 97 :s
    besides i also inserted own pokemons from gen 4 and tryed evolving gible and he evolved into gabite perfectly, but when i tried with eevee to umbreon nothing happened..

p.s. i editer the evolution with G3HS.. from day/night with full friendship to stones evolution..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    https://snag.gy/IefRI.jpg
    which one, i dont have 97 :s
    besides i also inserted own pokemons from gen 4 and tryed evolving gible and he evolved into gabite perfectly, but when i tried with eevee to umbreon nothing happened..

p.s. i editer the evolution with G3HS.. from day/night with full friendship to stones evolution..

Copy the original 4 bytes from a clean FireRed ROM, then change the 97 to an FB. ;) That's the modified code.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back