• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2018
    hey guys i am having problem with warp event.as you can see in this pic i am going to warp at this house.
    Quick Questions & Answers

the warp work correctly. and warp me in wright place

but when i try to come back from that warp back to that city

it warp me in same city in which i need to warp but in worng place you can saw in above picture
    can anyone tell how i resolve it

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    hey guys i am having problem with warp event.as you can see in this pic i am going to warp at this house.

the warp work correctly. and warp me in wright place

but when i try to come back from that warp back to that city

it warp me in same city in which i need to warp but in worng place you can saw in above picture
    can anyone tell how i resolve it

You're sure the warp numbers are correct? They should be matching up.

Years
    Is it possible to add new world maps into Emerald? Has anyone done it in the past?
    I imagine it's pretty simple to just add the image and attatch it to a key item but what about the wild pokemon areas, etc?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Is it possible to add new world maps into Emerald? Has anyone done it in the past?
    I imagine it's pretty simple to just add the image and attatch it to a key item but what about the wild pokemon areas, etc?

diegoisawesome did something like that for his hack CrystalDust. You may want to try asking him if he would be willing to share how (although he might not).
    Otherwise, the only games that support multiple world maps are FireRed and LeafGreen.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2019
    How do you edit the professor intro in Emerald? I've tried advanced text, but its base ini is terrible. Even after downloading another ini, it's giving me text pointer errors. I want to repoint to add more text but it won't let me.

I don't know where to find the scene in Advanced Map. I could script a new intro but I don't know where to put it and where to find the original intro.

Also, a different question- does anyone know if LLCoolJ's Emerald 650 resource base is corrupted/broken? Anytime I patch a ROM with it (clean obviously), all the evolutions get messed up. For example, it's saying that zigzagoon evolves into Ampharos, mudkip to xatu, etc. Anyone know why this could be?

Thanks!

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
    Can anyone link me to a tutorial/tell me how to properly insert a new map in Advance Map? I've tried, but whenever I edit one of the tilesets (3, for example) and try to insert the tiles into the block selector, the new tiles don't appear.

Years
    Can anyone link me to a tutorial/tell me how to properly insert a new map in Advance Map? I've tried, but whenever I edit one of the tilesets (3, for example) and try to insert the tiles into the block selector, the new tiles don't appear.

From what I've heard it's best to just replace one of the existing maps instead of creating a new one.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2016
    I've having some trouble with a glitch. I believe that it might be related to my AdvanceMap troubles, and it seems to be happening when I edit... something about the Pokemon in the game (Firered). I believe it's due to me editing moves on some Pokemon, but I'd like to know if anyone is familiar with what this glitch is.

As you can see, the start menu is very distorted. After seeing this, I attempted to add tiles once again to AdvanceMap. While the map wasn't completely distorted, the tiles that I added were completely wrong colors. For now, though, does anyone know what causes the start menu problem?

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
    From what I've heard it's best to just replace one of the existing maps instead of creating a new one.

I heard that, too, but I figured I might as well try anyway. What about the tileset thing, though?

I've having some trouble with a glitch. I believe that it might be related to my AdvanceMap troubles, and it seems to be happening when I edit... something about the Pokemon in the game (Firered). I believe it's due to me editing moves on some Pokemon, but I'd like to know if anyone is familiar with what this glitch is.

As you can see, the start menu is very distorted. After seeing this, I attempted to add tiles once again to AdvanceMap. While the map wasn't completely distorted, the tiles that I added were completely wrong colors. For now, though, does anyone know what causes the start menu problem?

That happened to me at one point, too. I didn't edit any Pokemon or their moves, though, so I'm assuming it had/has something to do with the tiles/palettes. I ended up scrapping that ROM anyway as it was just a test.

chestertagat

Dumbest Person in the World.
    Years
    Hello Guys i just wanna ask if anyone has a better Explanation of Chaos Rush's Creatin New Animations
    In the part where you need to find the End of the move data animation . (It was a very begginner friendly Tut. But in that part im very very confused.)

I always found the Animation data of any move that i want and repointing it ,but the problem is where to end it .
    that was my problem .
    hope anyone can help .
    thanks in advance guys .

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2016
    Thank you, Dog Police, for the answer. Since I figured out that the glitch isn't hurting anything tile-wise, though, I've decided to let it be for the time being.

Okay, so my next question, once again, concerns tiles. When you're changing a universal tile like, say, the default tree, do you have to change it for every individual location or is there a way to universally change the tree tiles?

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
    Thank you, Dog Police, for the answer. Since I figured out that the glitch isn't hurting anything tile-wise, though, I've decided to let it be for the time being.

Okay, so my next question, once again, concerns tiles. When you're changing a universal tile like, say, the default tree, do you have to change it for every individual location or is there a way to universally change the tree tiles?

If you're changing the tree tiles, for example, as long as what you're replacing it with is the same size as the original, all you have to do is overwrite the original texture in the block selector like you're adding a new block, but paste it over the old one.

Pretend we wanted to change all of this grass block in the world to sand.

You'd just select the sand block and put it over the grass block, then press Save.

After pressing save, ROUTE 1 would look like this:

You'd just do the same sort of thing for the trees, except you would use your custom tiles.
    Hopefully that made sense.

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
    I don't know if this is a simple question or not, but here goes (tell me if I should make a thread about this)...

So, in Fire Red, it's not so much of a problem as wanting to implement something. Some of the weather types have a thing where they make the whole game darker when active (Rainy, "Three Snow Flakes," Rain w/ Thunderstorm, etc.) to simulate clouds. I would like to add this to the weather effect "Steady snowing," or weather 0x7. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, or just informing me of a thread where the data is laid out or something (which I have not been able to find).

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
    I wrote this script in a hurry for someone and I don't have time to fix it, but when I add this as a level script, I freeze up whenever I enter Pewter city. What should I do to stop this?

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I wrote this script in a hurry for someone and I don't have time to fix it, but when I add this as a level script, I freeze up whenever I enter Pewter city. What should I do to stop this?

Spoiler:

I don't see anything specific that looks incorrect in your script. It's a bit of a personal preference, but when I write level scripts I like to use "lockall" and "releaseall" instead of "lock" and "release".
    This tutorial by cooley talks about level scripts: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191500. You may have made one of the common mistakes/problems he talks about in it.

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
    I don't see anything specific that looks incorrect in your script. It's a bit of a personal preference, but when I write level scripts I like to use "lockall" and "releaseall" instead of "lock" and "release".
    This tutorial by cooley talks about level scripts: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191500. You may have made one of the common mistakes/problems he talks about in it.

Alright, thank you for the link; that will come in handy. I still can't get the script to work, so I most likely will just rewrite it. Thanks, though. ^^

marcc5m

what
    Years
    This is seems to be a common issue with G3HS. What I do is I expand the Pokémon with G3HS, then edit the Pokémon sprites with Advanced Series.

After updating the Advanced Series .ini file with the new tables and trying to load my ROM, I get an error saying "Data is not L277 compressed", and it doesn't show any of the sprites.
    Whenever I go to a new sprite I am greeted with this message again.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    After updating the Advanced Series .ini file with the new tables and trying to load my ROM, I get an error saying "Data is not L277 compressed", and it doesn't show any of the sprites.
    Whenever I go to a new sprite I am greeted with this message again.

I think that may be because G3HS, when it expands the tables, messes up the insertion of a blank sprite for the new Pokémon. I'm not really sure what the fix for this could be. You could try hex editing the expanded table to point all the sprites to a known working sprite (like Bulbasaur), and because Advanced Series does not overwrite old sprites and does not repoint all pointers (just the specific ones) you shouldn't have any issues replacing things.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back