• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    This is my first time encountering connection problems on A-Map and obviously it doesn't save even though I click save lol
    Quick Questions & Answers

I don't get those. Can someone explain and give me a proper and quick solution?

The MapFooter is not saved at an Offset dividable by 4, this can cause map is Black in ROM.

Years
  • The beginning of the map footer must be at an offset that ends in either 0, 4, 8, and I think some other number but I don't trust myself in that. So just take all that data found at that area and copy it, then move it to somewhere else that begins with a 0 or a 4 and then repoint all pointers to the old footer and change them to the new position.

Sensual

This should be good.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    Does anybody know how to change Oak's background in Firered? I don't mean the titlescreen background, but rather the one where Oak goes through the basics of Pokemon.

It's usually just a blue gradient, but I've seen some hacks with an image. I've figured out how to change the palette at least, but that's about it. If anybody could direct me to a tutorial or offset, I'd very much appreciate it.

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Does anybody know how to change Oak's background in Firered? I don't mean the titlescreen background, but rather the one where Oak goes through the basics of Pokemon.

It's usually just a blue gradient, but I've seen some hacks with an image. I've figured out how to change the palette at least, but that's about it. If anybody could direct me to a tutorial or offset, I'd very much appreciate it.

08460CA4 with tilemap at 08460CE8.

elbandito

The1nOnlyKidda the demigod of all things (that oth
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 1, 2023
    Hi guys, I'm currently working on a large project to incorporate multiple regions, and also I'm a beginner lol biting off more than I can chew I know lol

Its just a simple question, when I make a map I don't want it's name to drop down during gameplay, I've selected the do not show name which works for everything except when you walk onto it from a map connection, is my particular map bugged? Or is this something that cannot be avoided?

Thanks in advance.

Years
  • All right, I'm having a problem replacing one pokemon sprite in gen 5 (Snivy.) I have been looking at a guide from here:
    Code:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-make-edit-and-insert-sprites-for-pokemon-black-white.306115/
    and I got the front sprite to work, but the back sprite is oddly broken, and the static sprite is... interesting looking. (I don't have a pic for it.) Pictures are here: https://imgur.com/a/SCxyh

I have obviously done something wrong, but I can't pinpoint it. I clicked the "sync palettes" button, but that only made it worse. :(
    I am using BWSE, part of Kazo's tools. I also made sure that the background color is the first color in the palette, but that didn't help either. Any help would be appreciated.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Is there a tool, similar to AdvancedMap, where one can change the Pokémon available in a certain area for Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Ok so this has probably been asked before but I have found nothing on google or on the site about it, What controls the Emerald Title Screen glow effect? How are the colors determined? I've logged, viewed memory and everything else I can think of but I cannot find a single lead on changing the colors that it glows into. Any help would be appreciated.
    (I'm asking this cause I dont want to lose a color just to prevent it from glowing.)

Years
  • Hey does anyone know if there is a behavior byte (or whatever needs to be added to the tile) In FireRed that will enable a sand tile to produce wild pokemon? I am trying to add a desert in a route.

Years
  • Ok, so I was trying to replace rattata with bunnelby using Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor, and this is how it turned out. Where'd I go wrong?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Uh, the link to the video isn't working.

Simply remove the duplicate https:// in there. Clicky~

Anyway, make sure that the offset you provided the tool is free, and the offset ends with 0 (I forgot the other values that an offset should end).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back