• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Anyway, make sure that the offset you provided the tool is free, and the offset ends with 0 (I forgot the other values that an offset should end).[/COLOR][/B]
    I made sure of that, so that's not the issue. Anyways, thanks for the help.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2019
    Just starting off an Emerald hack; does anybody know the offset for when Professor Birch gives you your Pokedex at the beginning of the game? I can't find it, even if I search for the dialogue in A-Text. All I want to do is change it so he gives you the National Dex right away, completely forgoing the Regional.

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • Just starting off an Emerald hack; does anybody know the offset for when Professor Birch gives you your Pokedex at the beginning of the game? I can't find it, even if I search for the dialogue in A-Text. All I want to do is change it so he gives you the National Dex right away, completely forgoing the Regional.

it's at 0x1FA2F8 :)

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Does anyone have the reflection pallet offset in emerald? thanks

Years
  • Ok I need a little help about using a rom base. I want to use MDS's Attack and Decap for Fire Red, and I apply it, but how exactly do I make use of the fairy type correctly and such? And is there something I have to do before I patch it to the rom I am going to use, besides it being a clean Fire Red rom?

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Ok I need a little help about using a rom base. I want to use MDS's Attack and Decap for Fire Red, and I apply it, but how exactly do I make use of the fairy type correctly and such? And is there something I have to do before I patch it to the rom I am going to use, besides it being a clean Fire Red rom?

When you downloaded patch of MrDollSteak, there are already info and guides that you'll need there. And directly patch it into a clean FR rom. Everything that you ask for is already there, on the thread, and on the patch folder when you extracted it. You just gotta READ

Years
  • When you downloaded patch of MrDollSteak, there are already info and guides that you'll need there. And directly patch it into a clean FR rom. Everything that you ask for is already there, on the thread, and on the patch folder when you extracted it. You just gotta READ

Ok thanks, got it all patched. Now I just need video tutorials on how to use each things because I suck at following written instructions ;~;

Years
  • I'm having a problem with NSE on my mac. I tried opening an indexed sprite, and it looked like this. I followed the steps on a youtube tutorial, and this is what happened. On top of that, I indexed an image with the same results. Any ideas about what's wrong?

Last edited:

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    I'm having a problem with NSE on my mac. I tried opening an indexed sprite, and it looked like this. I followed the steps on a youtube tutorial, and this is what happened. On top of that, I indexed an image with the same results. Any ideas about what's wrong?

Looks like a bit depth error to me.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Does anyone have the Emerald offset for the "exit" image in your bag menu?

Years
  • I'm using Anvil Studios to edit a song that I got. The only problem is, it ends on a funny few note, and I want the thing to begin looping right before those notes. Does anyone know how to take off notes in a .mid and end it a bit earlier? It looks like Anvil does it by itself. Cool beans.

@skull: A quick google search gives me a bunch of answers on how to run .exes with certain programs. Good luck!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2015
    I keep seeing all these different graphics (pallettes?) in tutorials and such. Where are they coming from?

Years
  • I keep seeing all these different graphics (pallettes?) in tutorials and such. Where are they coming from?
    They're written in the ROM already. Those are the colors that the sprite is limited to.

As for my own question, does anyone know if there's a tutorial on changing the voiceboxes? I'm experimenting in Sappy, but it's slow going and I wish to speed up the process. In addition to that, I remember there being a thread on there being an IPS patch or something for inserting new sounds for the voiceboxes, but I can't find that now. If anyone would share the link to that, it'd be greatly appreciated, thank you.

~EDIT~ If anyone has .mid files for Mother 3 or knows how to extract those(Sappy says it isn't able to, but I've found an incomplete list of .midi files for the game already) then that would be great as well.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back