• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Fire Red Tilesets:

If you've looked through the maps in fire red, you'll notice that tilesets 16, 24, 33, 35, 39, 55, and 56 don't appear to be used. I've read that they're "main" tilesets, similar to 0 and 12. But I haven't seen any of them used at all. Would there be any ill effects from using them...specifically in the tileset 2 slot of advanced map?

Years
  • @skull: A quick google search gives me a bunch of answers on how to run .exes with certain programs. Good luck!
    I know how to run .exe files on my mac. I use a program called "Wine". It works with most of the hacking tools, but not with G3T. It correctly opened the first time I used the application, but stopped thereafter. Any idea what's wrong?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I feel like this answer *should* be in front of my face...

I'm looking at the script in Fire Red where a person is supposed to offer a Lickitung for a Golduck. I want to change this trade. But there's no apparent mention of the 0x6C that would indicate Lickitung in the script that I open when I hit "Open Script" in AdvanceMap (or LICKITUNG either for that matter) -- same for the Golduck side. Is it just that PKSV isn't returning the correct scripts in total, or is there something else I'm missing? (Or do I have the hex coding wrong itself?)

Essentially, how do I change a Pokemon Trader's offer/demand in FireRed?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • I feel like this answer *should* be in front of my face...

I'm looking at the script in Fire Red where a person is supposed to offer a Lickitung for a Golduck. I want to change this trade. But there's no apparent mention of the 0x6C that would indicate Lickitung in the script that I open when I hit "Open Script" in AdvanceMap (or LICKITUNG either for that matter) -- same for the Golduck side. Is it just that PKSV isn't returning the correct scripts in total, or is there something else I'm missing? (Or do I have the hex coding wrong itself?)

Essentially, how do I change a Pokemon Trader's offer/demand in FireRed?
    Advanced trade editor is(afaik) the only way to change the trades. No link sry.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • Does anyone have the offset for the image they show before you enter the Pokemon Tower in FireRed. I need the change this image but I can't find it in NSE or Unlz-GBA.

Years
  • Anyone know how to implement Physical/Special Split? I'm trying to implement it into my FireRed hack. I've got the patch, but I don't know what to do with it before I patch it to the ROM

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2015
    Hey guys, I'm making a ROM hack with a friend, and we were wanting to know how to change the intro messages in the beginning of FireRed (Like the part where you learn about Pokemon from Professor Oak and pick your name, and your Rival's name). I've found some tutorials to change the pictures, but I'm still unsure on how to change the message. Thanks to anyone who does reply and answer this question!

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2016
    Hey guys, I'm making a ROM hack with a friend, and we were wanting to know how to change the intro messages in the beginning of FireRed (Like the part where you learn about Pokemon from Professor Oak and pick your name, and your Rival's name). I've found some tutorials to change the pictures, but I'm still unsure on how to change the message. Thanks to anyone who does reply and answer this question!
    You can edit the text using a program called advance text. It's easy find and download. After you open the program, click open rom>choose your rom>Double click the word introduction(the first on the list that appears after opening your rom)>Choose a portion of the text that appears below the word introduction by clicking on it>Edit the text that appears to the right>click save text.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2024
    Hello! This I guess is going to be my first post on these forums. Well, I am making my own ROM hack based off of Fire Red and I have figured out to do almost everything except edit the (Town Map)/(Fly to) map. Is there a simple way this can be manipulated/changed to fit the map of a custom region?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2015
    Okay, I've tried downloading Advance Text, but it doesn't seem to work. I looked up videos, and when I do register the files I get a message saying "The Module COMCTL32.OCX FAILED TO LOAD MAKE SURE THE SPECIFIED PATH PATH OR DEBUG IT TO CHECK FOR PROBLEMS WITH THE BINARY OR DEPENDENT .DLL THE SPECIFIED MODULE COULD NOT BE FOUND"
    So can you help me?

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2024
    Okay, I've tried downloading Advance Text, but it doesn't seem to work. I looked up videos, and when I do register the files I get a message saying "The Module COMCTL32.OCX FAILED TO LOAD MAKE SURE THE SPECIFIED PATH PATH OR DEBUG IT TO CHECK FOR PROBLEMS WITH THE BINARY OR DEPENDENT .DLL THE SPECIFIED MODULE COULD NOT BE FOUND"
    So can you help me?

Oh right, I am also getting this issue too.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2016
    So can you help me?
    It sounds like you either don't have the right files, or they're in the wrong place. I'll leave a copy that is already configured correctly.
    View attachment 75167

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back