• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen QUICK TRADE RANT

Years
  • Omg guys this is a quick statement but a frustrating one.

Long story short I have a white version that I bought to support the good people of Gamefreak and an acekard so I can have multiple copies of the Gen V games and for challenges yadadada

For whatever reason me being crazy I'd like White Version to be my true adventure game with the save file i'll have forever and complete my Pokedex on, my other one is for breeding and storing. My acekard doesn't work with wifi so I gotta trade between my two DS's.

I mean not a big deal, never growing up with friends who played Pokemon there was a lot of link cabling, and 4th gen wasn't much different cause you had to trade with the 6 pokes in your party.

I love BW way more than the last couple of gens, and I thought the trade system would be excellent, I mean come on, no more of only being able to trade what's in our party we have the whole pc at our disposal.

That's not the case and I feel as though it's like playing 30 questions to make a simple trade.

It was so disappointing when I first got into trade I honestly thought from the looks of it we'd be able to trade 3 pokemon at once, but no just an option where you can show off 2 other pokes. Kinda cool, but if you take the time to get a hold of someone's fc for wifi, or standing 2 feet away from them to use Wireless, doesn't it seem like you'd have your trade strategy all figured out?

By the time I get to the trading animation it sickens me, the cutest Pokemon could be leaving me, but I'm look "Good go away, no, no take care for you" It feels like it takes forever for 6 pokes.

Idk I kinda wish there'd be an easier way to do this, especially for wireless. Maybe a drag and drop feature. Like throw all the Pokemon in a box, you look over what's in the box, you agree to trade, and boom a lot faster, and maybe one animation with all our Pokeballs floating around idk.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    tbh, I really love B/W's trading system. I mean sure like you said you can't trade more than one...but really, not having to put everything you want in your box makes it soooooooooo much easier. Plus trading this generation seems to have a much shorter timespan in the actual process than in other generations (and wifi apparently works better? idek) I'd say it's a big improvement to the past systems, really.

Years
  • I never did any trading in the older gens, but I feel ya. I wish we could do more than one poke at a time. Especially when my trades usually involve anywhere from 6 to 30 at a time.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Even though I stick to file trading when I actually seriously traded I like the new trading, just because the animations are faster. I do thank it is a joke they show three pokemon but you can only trade one at a time.

Katja

Years
  • I think the trading is nice but I do wish you could trade more than one pokemon :/

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Well, I don't do too much trading, but when I do it's normally trading with myself. I trade between my two versions for items and pokemon, usually when I want to restart one version. It does take forever to get all the pokemon traded over. The least they could do is make an item trading service so that you don't have to attach the items to random Patrat -.-'

Gah, I don't know if that came out right... I can't type at 1:20 in the morning -.-'

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I really like the trading system but it would be nice if you could trade more than 1 poke at once :/

jimmefoxx

Beatlemaniac Jimme
    Years
  • hey man its getting better all the time and it cant get much worse so eventually well get that option im sure and hope...maybe pokemon grey will have it!!!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Trading 3 Pokemon at once is probably something that will be put into the 3rd versions. At least we get the ability to trade right from the PC, which was irritating.

Back