• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quicker Loading Banner

Koriaku

...Like a Circus?
Years
  • Does anyone here know if I cut my banner into pieces, would my site load faster?

Navarr

Pokémon Sensei
    Years
  • Does anyone here know if I cut my banner into pieces, would my site load faster?
    It very much depends. Cutting it into pieces that use different palletes might allow it to load quicker; because there is less data; but just cutting it into different pieces; might make it load longer, because there are more files and more data (sof/eofs) to load. It all depends on how you utilize cutting it up methinks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Making it into pieces is time wasting, unless you have a small image.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
  • I highly doubt it would help - common sense tells me that if anything, it would require more bytes to be loaded, as then each image will have to store data about the palette while that data had to be loaded only once with a big banner. :/

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    .jpg if you want a fast loading banner.

At least if you want fast loading over image quality =/

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    .JPG can sometimes keep it's quality, depending on the colors, etc.

Back