• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen quicker way to get yur dragonair to evolve into a dragonite

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2007
    1.go to island#1 if you have fly move.
    2.next, go to mt.ember and go inside.
    3.then, take the left until you see 2 boulders.
    4.push them until you see a woman trainer,battle her then you will see some grass if you walk to the left.
    5.walk or run around in the grass.oh yea!!! make sure you have exp.share.Give it to your dragonair, then put it in second place of your party.Dont put it in front because you wont get higher points.
    6.As you run or walk around in the grass you will meet machop,fearow,rapidash and ponyta ai lv 30 all the way to level 40.Its a 5% chance you will battle a rapidash at lv 40.
    7.If yur dragonair is at lv 30 yur alright,but still give it the exp.share and keep it in second.
    note:yur dragonair wont evolve into a dragonite until it reaches lv 55.
    8.make sure you have lots of hyper or super portions.
    9. watch out for fearows fury attack and mirror move.And machops revenge attack it can do some real damage to dragonair.
    10.Keep walking around in the grass and you will encounter them.
    11.For more exp.points go to the elite 4 and get yor strongest pokemon and yur dragonair and face them..After a wile walking or running in the grass or battling the elite4 yur dragonair will evolve into a dragonite.Trust me it will be worth it.IT was worth it when i got my dragonite

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    A faster way is to Fly to Cerulean City and go north to Route 24. Head west and then south to the water. Surf to the cave. Inside Cerulean Cave is where you will find the highest leveled wild Pokes in the game (Lv40-70).

The fastest way is, of course, battling the Weak5 after you finish Four Island and Lorelei returns and the Pokes jump up to Lv64-75.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    if your pokemon aren't high enough in level to handle the (as shane refers to them ;)) Weak5 quite that easily, then go to 7 island, and use your VS Seeker to rebattle the trainers directly south of the pokemon center. there, you can also EV train your pokemon with certain care for their/its stats.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    other than the Elite 4 I go to Island 7 and train, thats the best place oh and island one (great for Flying and Psychic types) there are a bunch of fighting type Pokemon trainers there

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    other than the Elite 4 I go to Island 7 and train, thats the best place oh and island one (great for Flying and Psychic types) there are a bunch of fighting type Pokemon trainers there

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

true, but LOL you know what i forgot when i trained my xatu there? battling all those fighting pokemon puts your Attack EVs WAY too high!! = O so yeah, i have one Xatu with a higher attack than sp attack while the other has a pretty high sp attack. i got the second ones Sp Attack up by EV battling against the Vileplume trainer on 7 Island. you got +3 sp attack EVs for each one.

so yeah, don't train your psychic types on island 1 if you want it to have a higher sp attack. if you have a flying type like dodrio you want to raise to get attack EVs, you can actually just battle the Victreebel trainer on island 7, and you get +3 attack EVs. if you want to raise speed, Electrode (you may have to switch) is +3 spd. if you want Sp defense, the Bellossom trainer will get you two +3 EVs.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    The fastest way to evolve Dragonair is to trade it to another game and level it up from there.
    But since I'm conserned it would affect its EVs, I tend not to use this method.

I go for the looong, boorring method of training.

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
    Years
    Fastest possible method:
    Obtain Dragonair
    Obtain Lucky Egg
    Attach Lucky Egg
    Go to Cerulean Cave and beat wild Pokemon to bloody pulps
    Evolve
    Trade to Emerald
    Remove junk EVs
    EV train

And THAT is a speed Dragonite.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
    If you have Collesseum, trade it there and battle Realgem Tower with your Dratini/Dragonair in the back of your party with EXP. Share. It'll get tons of EXP. That's pretty much the fastest method I know.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    So there is some place in Emerald that you can remove junk EV's?

Yeah, but you use berries to do it, heres the list:

Pomeg Berry: Lowers Effort Points for HP by 10 Points
    Kelpsy Berry: Lowers Effort Points for Attack by 10 Points
    Qualot Berry: Lowers Effort Points for Defense by 10 Points
    Hondew Berry: Lowers Effort Points for Special Attack by 10 Points
    Grepa Berry: Lowers Effort Points for Special Defense by 10 Points
    Tamato Berry: Lowers Effort Points for Speed by 10 Points

Although I think these berries also raise your pokemons happiness by a certain amount. So it's like 2 in 1!

Last edited:

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Fastest possible method:
    Obtain Dragonair
    Obtain Lucky Egg
    Attach Lucky Egg
    Go to Cerulean Cave and beat wild Pokemon to bloody pulps
    Evolve
    Trade to Emerald
    Remove junk EVs
    EV train

And THAT is a speed Dragonite.

I agree, but a Lucky Egg is EXTREMELEY hard to come by; one of the rarest hold items in the game, if not THE rarest. A 5% chance of it being held, along with the rarity and the probability of catching a Chansey, the only Poke who holds it, makes for a very slim change you'll obtain it without the planets being aligned.

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
    Lucky Egg is an easy item to obtain if you have Pokemon XD.

I must note that the original poster's method is unbearably slow, considering the fact that the Exp Share will only give Dragonair half the EXP it would gain had it fought the battles itself.

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    Quickest way sure is rare candy. In Fr/lg i was leveling using Tb on wild tentacool, It's not really quick but it help me now battle again my friend because those sp def evs (Alakazam ice punch can't kill it in one attack)

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    well i think the fastest way is
    obtain dragonite safari zone/game corner
    give exp share/train it
    after e4 your pkmn will come out as 53->62
    i think your dragonair is evovle now
    i have mine (i finished the e4)lvl 62 strongest
    outrage,wing attack,hyper beam, dragon rage (not in order)
    its last move set is hyper beam lvl 75 but i teach it
    and i train it that way

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Okay, one last time. The quickest way to evolve your Dratini is the ELITE FOUR, or Weak5 as I call them.

- Turn on the stupid Shift option that allows you to switch Pokes before each time your opponent changes Pokes. Seriously, how cheap is that?

- Make your Dratini hold the Exp. Share and put it first in your party

- Starting with the first battle, switch out Dratini the first turn to a higher level Poke. Every time an opponent's Poke is fainted, it will ask you if you want to switch Poke (extremely cheap). Say 'YES', and put Dratini back in the lead.

- Rinse, lather, repeat for every single battle of the Weak5.

Outside of using Rare Candies, there is nothing faster in the game.

As for the moveset, these are the best movesets for Dragonite:

Dragonite @ Leftovers
    Trait: Inner Focus
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
    - Aerial Ace
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Thunderbolt

Dragonite's base Atk is much higher than its SAtk (134 vs. 100), and with Dragon Dance which increases its Atk and Spd, it becomes one of the best physical attackers in the game. With a STAB Aerial Ace and Earthquake, it deals massive damage and has Thunderbolt to hit things the aforementioned moves cannot (i.e. Flying-types, Pokes with Levitate, etc.)

Dragonite @ Leftovers
    Trait: Inner Focus
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
    - Focus Punch
    - Ice Beam
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt

Another great option, especially in-game where the AI is too limited to switch out. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt hit almost all types in the game hard, and Focus Punch takes care of Normal-types and other Pokes that resist special attacks.

Back