• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quirks

Jek

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 17, 2012
    Do you have any strange quirks? Are there any idiosyncrasies you feel only you have?

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
    Years
  • Idiosyncrasy. I love that word. It's a great word! ^_^

Hmm, let's see. Do I have any odd quirks? I really cannot think of anything odd, but I'm sure there is something. Oh! How about this to start: I sleep with my head at the foot of my bed. That's odd enough, right? ;p
    I also love pens. Pens, gelpens, markers, you name it--I love it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • One of the quirks that I remember is that I get drowsy at random times during the day. I also have an urge to sleep late, but wake up early.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I can literally fall asleep anywhere at any time... even in places such as hotel lobbies, bleachers, the mall food court, the student union... and when I'm actually in bed, I need my covers over me to fall asleep, even in summer.

I also tend to shun breakfast in all its forms - except for the hotel continental breakfast. I seem oddly compelled to eat Quality Inn's breakfast offerings and only Quality Inn's breakfast offerings xD

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
    Years
  • I am obsessed with fish and use fish word frequently on conversation. Even to the point that I say it can cure everything, and I like to slap people with fish too, by text or even by real fish. Fish. <3 Fish are just great.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    When I'm not doing anything else I tend to grab the skin just above my collarbone on my neck and pull on it because it's pretty elastic and will stretch far.

I also pop the joints of tons of things on my body. My bottom and middle knuckles on both hands (both knuckles on my thumb), my wrists, my toes, my elbows, my neck, my back, one shoulder (or both if both need it but usually only one does), the joint that connects the base of the inside of my hand to my wrist, and sometimes my knees or various other joints in my feet/other areas.

Edit: Another thing I do is scratch the bridge of my nose if I'm on the verge of tears. Idk why I do it, maybe to distract myself, but I always find myself doing it when I feel tears coming on.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I AM THE OVERLORD! I WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING! DARKNESS SHALL RULE THE UNIVERSE! NONE CAN STAND BEFORE MY MIGHT! MY BLADE HAS NO WEAK POINT! YOU CANNOT DEFEAT ME, NOW OR EVER! EMBRACE THE DARKNESS! HOPE LEADS TO DISAPPOINTMENT! MAUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

RnXoy.jpg

You get the idea.

Years
  • When I get frustrated and angry, I yawn, of all the things. I have no idea why! Also have no idea if anyone else does that, if that's a legit response or if it's just me being really weird. :s

(I mostly do this at work, too. But that's where I usually get frustrated anyway lol)

Years
  • My biggest quirk is laughing almost all the time. It's because I watch so many funny videos and look at memes and I just can't contain that laughter.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • Quriks Quirks Quirks Ummm I think me constantly playing with my hair and trying to curl it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I have plenty of idiosyncrasies, but none of them are unique enough that I feel only I have them. I think it's the particular combination of all the idiosyncrasies that makes someone unique, not just one :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I tend to narrate things I'm doing in song form. Like, for example, if I'm driving, I might sing "making a left turn lalalala" to some kind of tune quietly to myself. I dunno, I just really love to sing. XD

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I AM THE OVERLORD! I WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING! DARKNESS SHALL RULE THE UNIVERSE! NONE CAN STAND BEFORE MY MIGHT! MY BLADE HAS NO WEAK POINT! YOU CANNOT DEFEAT ME, NOW OR EVER! EMBRACE THE DARKNESS! HOPE LEADS TO DISAPPOINTMENT! MAUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

RnXoy.jpg

You get the idea.

This post made my day perk up immensely :)

I don't really know? I'm really bad at finding quirks about myself, so I'll ask around and re-edit this if people seem to think I have some.

As for now, I'll say that I HAVE to have my car stereo volume on odd numbers only (except thirteen, I'll go from 11 to 14 because 14 is my lucky number). I also keep my hair ties around my phone so I don't lose them as easily.

edit: After consulting some people, they think my quirks are:
    - the way I wash my hands (idk, I guess i'm a unique snowflake with the way I do it...although I didn't really agree with this one)
    - I smack the person I'm standing next to on the shoulder when I'm excited about something (this applies to people I'm really close with only)
    - I get irritated/grossed out when people sneeze next to me (YAY GERMAPHOBE)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I tend to scratch my head a lot. Be it when I'm thinking, feeling ashamed or just for the hell if it's something that really stands out.
    I AM THE OVERLORD! I WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING! DARKNESS SHALL RULE THE UNIVERSE! NONE CAN STAND BEFORE MY MIGHT! MY BLADE HAS NO WEAK POINT! YOU CANNOT DEFEAT ME, NOW OR EVER! EMBRACE THE DARKNESS! HOPE LEADS TO DISAPPOINTMENT! MAUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

RnXoy.jpg

You get the idea.
    The best part about the picture is the misspelling.

Back