• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

QuizMasters 2015: 12 Steps to Victory [CONTEST OVER]

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    QuizMasters 2015: 12 Steps to Victory [CONTEST OVER]

This is the place to be for nerds to be, welcome to the first year of QuizMasters! I'm your host, arachnidsGrip, and this is the competition wherein knowing quirky yet useless information comes in handy!

Before you even think of heading to your favorite Wikipedia article, and searching for answers there, first, we'll be covering what QuizMasters really is.​

MECHANICS

QuizMasters is basically a stripped down version of Trivial Pursuit.

There will be 6 categories, in which we will call tiles, for sake of clarity. Your aim is to get the most tiles possible!

To master one tile, you must get the most number of correct answers on that tile. The number of questions you answer will depend on the subtheme, in which case, it would be 12. You then PM me all of your answers, and after that, everyone will be judged according to each tile.

If in case there would be a tie in the number of tiles, the winner will be decided on who got the most cumulative points in the competition. If there would still be a tie, the said tied members will receive a PM on 6 tiebreaker questions. The winner would be who gets the most number of points on those questions. If on the extremely coincidental incidence that there would still be a tie, the one who submitted the answers first would win the tiebreaker.

There will be emblems for those who get the number one spot in each tile, and for the participants as well. However, since the subtheme for this year is "12 Steps to Victory", the top 12 contenders will be shown to all and adored by many, like the 12 Olympians, but only the top 3 contestants get the ultimate reward. Bragging rights, emblems, and a medal under your name and your region.

So, what are you waiting for? Read the rules first!​

RULES

As much as it's tempting, using external sources is highly discouraged and looked down upon. There's no stopping you from committing this crime but your win won't bear any fruit, if you didn't work hard for it.

Also, post in the thread to join, Asking in the VMs and PMs are not allowed and will not be counted.

Lastly, you can only PM your answers once. Once you have submitted your answers, you are not allowed to change them anymore.

THE TILES

Geography
    History and Current Events
    Science and Arts

QuizTheme
    Pokemon and PokeCommunity
    Entertainment

The Green Tile: Science and Arts

The Yellow Tile: History and Current Events

The Blue Tile: Geography

The Purple Tile: Entertainment

The Red Tile: Pokemon and PokeCommunity

The Gold Tile: QuizTheme [Mythology and Olympics]​

QUESTIONS

SCIENCE AND ARTS

1. Who is considered as the father of Microbiology?

2. Who wrote "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"?

3. Who discovered classical conditioning?

4. What book won the 2011 Newbery Medal?

5. This law states that in a cyclic process, the entropy will either increase or stay the same. What is that law?

6. When will Windows 10 be available to the general public?

7. Starfish, sea urchins, and sea cucumbers are a part of what phylum?

8. Name all six noble gases.

9. This theory states that the universe was in a highly densed state, then expanded. What is this theory?

10. What is the atomic number of Flerovium?

11. What was the era that was between the Middle Ages, and the Modern era?

12. Name the three weather stations responsible over the Pacific typhoon area.

HISTORY AND CURRENT EVENTS

1. What event ended the Spanish-American War?

2. Which country was the first advanced economy to miss a payment to the International Monetary Fund in the history of the IMF?

3. When did the US Supreme Court legalized same-sex marriages in all states?

4. In 1838, the US government forced 16,000 Cherokees to leave Georgia and move to Oklahoma. What is the name of this event?

5. When was the last leap second got inserted?

6. When did World War II start?

7. In what city did the Tunisia terror attacks of 2015 occur?

8. What were the two main factions during World War II?

9. In what year did Mexico became independent from Spain?

10. What treaty ended World War I?

11. What year did the US acquire the Louisiana territory from the French?

12. In November 1989, what event changed Germany forever?

GEOGRAPHY

1. What is the biggest minor tectonic plate?

2. Which country has the most males than females ratio in their total population?

3. What is the formal name for Andorra?

4. Which country serves as the crossroads of Europe and Asia?

5. What is the study of map-making?

6. What country has one of the only Seven Ancient Wonders still left standing to this day?

7. Name all 6 countries that are tied for second with the highest life expectancy.

8. Antartica, South America, Africa, Australia, Arabia, India, and Madagascar were a part of one of the two major supercontinents during the Mezosoic Era. What was that supercontinent?

9. How many countries does Eurasia have?

10. What was the 20th most populous country of 2013?

11. What is the only location that is a part of the New 7 Wonders of Nature located in Africa?

12. Machu Picchu is located at what region of Peru?

ENTERTAINMENT

1. What were the two countries that got zero in the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 held in Vienna, Austria?

2. What were the two songs used in the YouTube Rewind 2012?

3. Who voiced Sugilite in Steven Universe?

4. Who played the role of Finnick Odair in the Hunger Games trilogy?

5. Which famous actor appeared in Carly Rae Jepsen's "I Really Like You" music video?

6. What city was the main setting for Furious Six?

7. Who did Bumper Allen choose to be their coach on The Voice in Pitch Perfect 2?

8. What was the 4th highest selling album of 2014 in the US?

9. What US awards show is centered on stage performances?

10. What movie had "Find You" by Zedd in its soundtrack?

11. What date did Homestuck officially started?

12. When did the original Naruto manga end?

POKEMON AND POKECOMMUNITY

1. What was the title of the episode when Ash released his Goodra?

2. What is the 312th forum of PC?

3. Name all of the current mods who were promoted on March 2015

4. By swinging around its three spiky feelers and shooting spikes, it can obliterate an opponent. Who's that Pokemon?

5. Who is the 20880th user of PC?

6. Which Pokemon has the longest English name?

7. When did

Last edited:
    Reactions: Her

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    Sign me up, Gunner 8)
    A lot of questions to think about but some of them I know off the bat ;P

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Some of these questions look interesting and I might know some.

Sign me up~

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    ok so at first i was completely bewildered but i think i actually know a couple. so sign me up c:

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    I know like five or six from each, but I can't get them all for any particular one.

#such #discourage

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Guys, I would just like to reiterate that you can only PM your answers ONCE, that means you have to send in ALL your answers in ONE PM. IF you split the answers, only the first one will be counted. If you left some answers blank, YOU CANNOT ADD THEM IN ANYMORE.

Also, I would like to take this time to remind everyone that YOU ARENT SUPPOSED TO CHECK ANSWERS FROM GOOGLE, WIKIS, OR ARTICLES. That would be cheating. If I find you are doing this, there will be consequences.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Signing up, and preparing to fail, hard. But I'll do it anyways :P

Years
    Not happy with coming in 2nd place last year, so I have to join again this year to try and beat that. Though, the questions look a bit tougher than last time, but I'll give it a crack either way!

Back