• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(R)ate (M)y (T)eam <3

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    But why not use Adamant, pass those special attack EVs to attack and use Brave Bird insted of Air Slash? It has a better attack stat anyway...

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Because one, it needs the speed, & two, Air Slash takes out Hera no problem, as many fighters as less Sp.Atk. Brave Bird is illegal with Hypnosis.
    Air Slash Crobat requires 128+ SpA EVs to OHKO a minimum HP Heracross.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Srsly, guys besides sims, o read some S&M guides before rating. Ur all worse than I was. Sims can vouch for that.

Second, I see a tremendous Heatran weaknes as well. He does maximum damage to each of these pokes, & you can't do anything to hurt it. You can only hope to put it to sleep with Crobat, assuming Sleep Clause hasn't activated.

You're also screwed a bit by Azelf. I'm no good with solutions, however, so I'll get someone who is

The main thing here I think he should have here is ScarfGar for revenge killing. Outruns scarftran and zelf, and OHKO's with F-Blast Shadow Ball and T-Bolt. It also helps a little bit with his gyara weakness( he does have one, especially DD LO with SE and EQ.) Put it over Empoleon.

That Mixmence set looks rlly weird. You could opt for DD Mence w/ Draco Meteor instead, and put EQ over Dragon CLaw.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Good call putting Yache Berry on Salamence
    Overall a 4/5

NYCE TEEM DOOD -12/6 !!!11

Yeah dont do this. Its exactly what we dont want from a rate. Read the rules before posting please.

Anyways, onto the team.

1) Crobat @ Leftovers
    Inner Focus
    Jolly, 160 HP/132 Attack/216 Speed

~ Aerial Ace
    ~ Roost
    ~ Taunt
    ~ Hypnosis

Air Slash is meh on this since it cant even OHKO Heracross most of the time (especially not bulkier versions). Aerial Ace also runs off his higher Attack so you will do more net damage overall. It also helps on hitting Machamps and Gallades weaker defense.

Use Roost imo since you dont have a spinner and are VERY mixape weak. This at least can come in a few times to scare it off and recover off damage with Roost.

==========

2) Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Own Tempo
    Bold, 252 HP/252 Def/6 Sp.Attack

~ Surf
    ~ Ice Beam/Flamethrower
    ~ Hidden power Electric
    ~ Slack Off

Gyarados smashes this team to bits, so use this as a countering utility to Dragons and said Gyarados etc.

==========

3) Registeel @ Leftovers
    Clear Body
    Careful, 252 HP/252 Sp.Def/6 Attack

~ Earthquake / Explosion
    ~ Ice Punch
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Thunder Wave

By far Regis most useful set, since the curse set is easy to revenge. Use SR as your team lacks support.

==========

4) Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
    Torrent
    Modest, 28 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA / 216 Spe

~ Surf / Hydro pump
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Agility

This set is more deadly. Sub , Agility behind the sub and then sub down further to activate Petaya and Torrent. If you can do this you can 2hko Blissey with Hydro pump (Shows how deadly this set can be) whilst non of Blisseys attacks break its subs lol (Since people seem to have stopped using S-Toss X) ).

==========

5) Heracross @ Choice Band
    Guts
    Adamant, 252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP

~ Close Combat
    ~ Megahorn
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Pursuit

Yay

==========

6) Salamence @ Life Orb
    Rash, 120 ATT / 212 SP.ATT / 176 SPEED

~ Brick Break
    ~ Draco Meteor
    ~ Flamethrower
    ~ Roost

I dont get what this set accomplishes all it seems to be doing is like getting walled and surviving the occasional Ice attack. Without the Life Orb boost you wont be doing anything.

Just use standard mixmence.

Use 280 speed to outpace Lucario.

Comments in bold.

I wouldnt say your that Vire weak tbh, its not that much of a threat any more. Scout for it first if your that scared.

Registeel + Heracross can both take a hit from it so you should be fine. Use 152 HP / 252 ATT / 104 SPEED on hera if you want more insurance, but meh.

EDIT : You are Azelf weak, as said by other members Scarf Gar could work here to revenge it. Possibly >>Slowbro or even Crobat (They seem the most replaceable) as you can revenge a wider array of threats.

Gengar@Choice Scarf
    252 SP.ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Hidden power Ice / Hypnosis
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunderbolt.

Last edited:

WingsOfFaith

What's Pokemon?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2008
    NYCE TEEM DOOD -12/6 !!!11

Yeah dont do this. Its exactly what we dont want from a rate. Read the rules before posting please.

Anyways, onto the team.

Comments in bold.

I wouldnt say your that Vire weak tbh, its not that much of a threat any more. Scout for it first if your that scared.

Registeel + Heracross can both take a hit from it so you should be fine. Use 152 HP / 252 ATT / 104 SPEED on hera if you want more insurance, but meh.

EDIT : You are Azelf weak, as said by other members Scarf Gar could work here to revenge it. Possibly >>Slowbro or even Crobat (They seem the most replaceable) as you can revenge a wider array of threats.

Gengar@Choice Scarf
    252 SP.ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Hidden power Ice / Hypnosis
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunderbolt.
    Thanks for the rate =) I thought this thread died a while ago, though.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Well sims, I give you awesome credit. Now...onto seconding/clearing things up.

U-Turn is an obligatory SCOUT MOVE! It doesn't have to do damage, but rather allow Crobat to do a minor hit and then swap accordingly to a counter to their Crobat counter. If the foe stays in, then again, the player acts accordingly. U-Turn is basically the same exact thing as Baton Pass on a Specs Jolteon; to give the user an advantage on the Pokemon on the foe's side of the field. Since it comes after switching, that's why it's there. Crobat is fine!

Now that the Crobat situation is done...onto the team.

Not liking the MixMence much; it's still devastated by Heatran, who does a huge number to this team. I'd suggest something like DD/D.Claw/Earthquake/Fire Blast and just go with the DDMence rather than mix. I guess you could go Naughty with DD/D.Claw/Brick Break/Fire Blast with a Life Orb, but it's up to you; basically, get some Heatran coverage.

Heatran can't switch in against anyone with ease if you go with one of the above sets, but note that when it's in, it gives you problems. I'd suggest something like Vaporeon of Suicune to take it on over Empoleon (or Slowbro), and then throw in an Electric resist (say, Swampert) to help cover it.

A move I STRONGLY suggest somewhere is Stealth Rock; you can remove Curse from Registeel and throw it there (I think it learns it), for it will allow your Crobat to cause some strong, yet annoying damage. Also, with two SR weak Pokemon, I would suggest a spinner, but then again, I hate Stealth Rock; if you can cope with it, then that's fine. If you don't go with a Spinner, then try Vaporeon with Wish.

Edit: Whoops, forgot this was a 2-page rate. Dark_Azelf probably gave you better info, but hey, this info could become useful ^^

Last edited:
    Back