• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen R/B battery dying?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    when you "reset" or "replace" your internal battery there is also a risk of losing your game if you do it wrong. Make sure you do it right or you will delete the game you were trying to save.
    If you replace the internal battery, the save will always be deleted. This is why you should keep a backup with a device like the Mega Memory Card before doing so, so that you can restore it afterward.

Leeky

I herd u liek mudkipz
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2009
    About 2 years ago, I bought Pokemon Yellow from Gamestop, and the battery was dead. Grrrrrrrrr

But yeah, it dies, it lasts suprisingly long, though. I wish the GameBoy could just recharge it while you play, you know?

Years
    Hum, why did you scrap the label on it just to see a battery? ç_ç
    You could just have turned the cartridge upside down and look in it with a source of light...

Don't worry when I pulled it off I pulled it off gently and only half way. That way I was able to put it back on since I didn't damage it and it was still somewhat sticky.

As far as I know you can't turn it upside down to look at it. All you see is underneath of circuit board unless your talking about holding it on it's side to see.

I just wanted to be sure anyway.

I'm pretty careful with my things aswell and it'd probably be very hard to tell that the label had been lifted I was so gentle. The only clue it had been lifted is a slight bend in the corner that seems to not want to stick down even with glue.XD

Pingouin_7

I meant look under it, in the part with the connectors.

Iditarod

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2011
    That's funny; my Gold Version battery has lasted me about 5-6 years. Not only that, but I bought it used. But maybe I'm just lucky. XD

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    honestly i dont think R/B has one rly.
    All Game Boy games that retain saves have an internal battery (GB/GBC, some GBA) or flash ROM (other GBA). The saved‐game deletions are occurring more frequently and noticeably in Gold and Silver because unlike most games, they utilize an internal real‐time clock that constantly drains the battery.

All copies of Red and Blue have a battery; most of them simply have not died yet.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    Once the battery dies are you stuffed?
    My friend gold hasn't died and he and I played it alot.

Back