• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen R/B/Y: Mewtwo and the Master Ball Rumor

Years
  • Never heard this rumour before.
    It might just be because it was one of the harder Pokemon in the game and with recover, it was very difficult to catch, so it is an easy thing to believe.​

Years
  • I had never heard this rumor, but I saved the Master Ball for Mewtwo nonetheless. I didn't even really believe that the Master Ball worked 100% of the time, so I ended up battling Mewtwo and putting it to sleep before using the Master Ball.

I did remember hearing about the rumor of pressing B+Up turned your Poke Ball into a Master Ball, and even though it was probably only my mind playing tricks on me, it seemed to work almost all the time, so I kept using it. Even to this day, even though I know it doesn't do anything, I still press Up+B when trying to catch a Pokemon, but it's just out of ritual now.

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
    Years
  • I knew it was not impossible to catch mewtwo without the master ball, but I always thought it would be super hard without it. So I to this day still save my master ball for him.

Back