• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen R/B/Y Professor Oak was gonne be a trainer!?

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
    I recently found out whilst browsing about bulbapedia that in R/B/Y there was unused data for a trainer battle against professor oak himself! :shocked: I wonder if they did put him in the game where exactly would you have to go to fight him and why were you fighting him to begin with? Judging by how high leveled his pokemon were (60-70) maybe he was gonna be like a post champion or something.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    i haz battled him i one I got a lot of money

I remember I once saw a Youtube video where someone battled him, but I thought it was a hack.

That wasnt a fake .. ive tried it as well it works

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
    Yes, there are GameShark codes you can use to battle Prof.Oak. His trainer data is in there, but I don't remember his team he uses at the moment. As Meepman stated, I'm guessing you would have the opportunity to battle him sometime after defeating the Elite Four.

Rydenio

Shameless plugger
    Years
    It would be awesome if you could hack the game so that battle comes right in the beginning when you try to leave pallet town. Instead of him running up and going "there are wild pokemon in th tall grass", it would be "PROF OAK wants to battle!", and then he would totally maul you. :)

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
    Years
    Some think he was going to be the champion insted of your rival, I have no idea why they took that out.

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    I think he started off with a Tauros... I don't remember the rest of his team. But it sounds like it would've been fun to play against.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
    I've heard of this a long time ago.

They said that if you had all 151 pokemon and beat the E4 you would fight in his lab but idk may be a rumor because Ive done both.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2021
    in pokemon yellow he has tauros lv 66
    executor lv 67
    arcanine lv 68
    blastoise lv 69
    gyarados lv 70
    i saw this in a video

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
    I found the cheat code that makes Prof.Oak available for battling!^^ Acticate this and talk to a trainer you can battle, it'll be Oak!^^ Much fun with the most epic battle in your Pokemon trainer career!^^

Tested it and owned him, he kinda sucked although he had the strongest Pokes in-game!^^

Code (use Gameshark, works for every language) : 01E22DCD

Years
    I think that originally, after you'd beaten the league and your rival, that you were supposed to battle Prof. Oak. It might've been as some kind of grand finale, but I'm a little glad they took it out. It just would feel too weird battling with Prof. Oak, honestly. Or at least, it would to me.

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    There is a gameshark code to battle him but I personally encourage against it. I tried it once with my blue cartridge and my game locked up. My gameshark was completely erased and wouldn't save any new data, my game was lucky to make it out alive.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    I remember when I was a kid and playing through Pokémon Red, I would always do the MissingNo glitch and one day when doing it, Oak appeared with a really long HP bar and very strong Pokémon, of course I got defeated. Never saw him again after that.

Back