• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen `R/S/E Monospecies Challenge′

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    All right, so I've been doing a few challenges lately, and I want to try doing a Monospecies challenge on the Advance generation games Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. You can choose to play on any one of them. There are double battles in the Advance Generation, so feel free to use your HM slaves in battle, but try not to level them up. Cheating is at your own discretion, but it kind of makes the game boring for you and makes you feel dishonest. :\

Rules:
    - This is not a race.
    - You may play on an emulator, or a Gameboy Advance/Nintendo Console.
    - You can trade anything from other games, just as long as you follow the rules of this challenge with whatever you've traded.
    - You can only use one Pokemon: any of the Pokemon that can be caught before Dewford Town (including Granite Cave). You can catch multiple Pokemon of your species and use them, however (like you can have 3 Raltses if you choose Ralts).
    - HM Slaves are allowed. Do your best not to train them. If they reach a certain level where it seems like you can use them for battling, release or deposit them.
    - You can catch Pokemon to fill your Pokedex, but these cannot be trained under any circumstances.
    - You may use your starter as much as you like until you catch your chosen Pokemon. After that, your starter can either turn into an HM Slave, or a dust-collecting Pokemon in your PC.
    - One person per species.
    - You can still use your chosen Pokemon if it evolves.
    - No third-party cheating devices such as GameShark or ActionReplay.
    - Your challenge ends (in Ruby & Sapphire) when you beat the Elite Four.
    - Your challenge ends (in Emerald) when you beat Steven in Meteor Falls.
    - You're free to continue your game after you complete the challenge, but don't post updates, as they're useless and will be considered as SPAM.

I don't care much for this challenge anymore so just pick a species and play it, you don't have to post to get permission to use it. However if you pick a species that's already been picked, you can't post a log.

Available Pokemon (1 person per species):
    Treeko: Vuallum
    Torchic: Ruby-Chan
    Mudkip: PKMN Gold Fanatic
    Wurmple: Angelic Diablo
    Poochyena: Mages4ever
    Zigzagoon
    Wingull
    Lotad
    Ralts: Cex [I'm only doing this for fun] and Jake™
    Seedot
    Marill
    Taillow: Water PKMN Trainer
    Shroomish: Braeden23000
    Slakoth
    Whismur
    Nincada
    Abra: thethethethe
    Skitty: sdfs
    Zubat
    Makuhita: Makuhita
    Geodude
    Aron: JollyRoger25
    Mawile: Blazeaville
    Sableye: bav123
    Nosepass [B2F of Granite Cave]
    Magikarp: Dark Lakitu
    Tentacool
    Goldeen
    Surskit: suicidesal

*If I forgot any, please let me know and I'll add the species to the list.

This isn't a race, so anyone can join at any time and start when they want to!

Banners:
    Spoiler:

Big thanks for groudonlover for making these!

Last edited:

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
    I think you can catch skurskit before Dewford town- you can catch them on Routes 102, 114, 117 & 120 (Grass), Routes 102, 111, 114, 117, 120 (Surf)
    And I think that starts before Dewford

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    I'll do it with Ralts as well (Seeing as they are so versatile :)) I'll do it on Emerald (Yay Battle Frontier :D)

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I think you can catch skurskit before Dewford town- you can catch them on Routes 102, 114, 117 & 120 (Grass), Routes 102, 111, 114, 117, 120 (Surf)
    And I think that starts before Dewford

Route 102 is before Dewford, so thanks for letting me know you can catch Surskit. :D

Are you going to be doing this challenge or are just just helping fill the list of available Pokemon? XD

I'll do it with Ralts as well (Seeing as they are so versatile :)) I'll do it on Emerald (Yay Battle Frontier :D)

All right, I'll add you on the list now.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
    I'm not sure, I signed up to do the G/S/C challenge but realized half an hour into it I didn't want to start a second G/S/C game cause I have one that's part way through and I am considering doing it with skurskit (which is why I noticed their not being on the list- I love them they're so cute!) so maybe if no one has signed up to do skurskit in a few days I will join with them.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I'm not sure, I signed up to do the G/S/C challenge but realized half an hour into it I didn't want to start a second G/S/C game cause I have one that's part way through and I am considering doing it with skurskit (which is why I noticed their not being on the list- I love them they're so cute!) so maybe if no one has signed up to do skurskit in a few days I will join with them.

All right, sounds good. Hopefully no one takes Surskit before you. :D

ill enter but can you used the evolved forms aswell??

Yes of course. This challenge would suck if you couldn't use evolved forms of your chosen Pokemon. XD

GoldenBagon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2017
    kk sign me up for zubat
    is there any sigs availible??
    syaing like r/s/e mono species zubat??

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    kk sign me up for zubat
    is there any sigs availible??
    syaing like r/s/e mono species zubat??

Not right now, but if anyone wants to make some signatures, that'd be great!

And, I'll add you to the list.

GoldenBagon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2017
    Started Off With MUdkip Got to lvl 13 then fought rival then rus tboro gym
    rescueing peeko the wingull now
    Saved peeko got ferry dewford entered granite cave caught 3 lvl 7,8,6 zubats placed lvl 15 mudkip in pc
    training zubats in granite cave

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    I'd like to participate with skitty :) Also, I don't think you need to list silcoon/cascoon since you have wurmple already listed and they are of the same family.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I'd like to participate with skitty :) Also, I don't think you need to list silcoon/cascoon since you have wurmple already listed and they are of the same family.

All right, I'll add you to the list.

And true. I'll take those off now. Thanks

Okay, I will concentrate on this challange, sounds fun, I choose Aron. Its just awsome.

All right, I'll add you to the list

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    All right, I'll add you to the list.

And true. I'll take those off now. Thanks

Ack, just realized there is only one moonstone in emerald >_< I'll have to find a way around that. You're welcome, I'll start now.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Ack, just realized there is only one moonstone in emerald >_< I'll have to find a way around that. You're welcome, I'll start now.

You can always trade from other games. I forgot to list that in the rules. XD;

I decided I will do this and use skurskit

haha, okay, I've added you to the list.

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    You can always trade from other games. I forgot to list that in the rules. XD;
    I use an emulator ): (I like to play emerald ^^; )
    Also, I only have a ds and a sapphire cart, so I couldn't really trade to myself >_>

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I use an emulator ): (I like to play emerald ^^; )
    Also, I only have a ds and a sapphire cart, so I couldn't really trade to myself >_>

Oh, haha. I'm using an emulator too. Hmm.. that's pretty tough. How many Skitties do you want to evolve in total?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back