• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen R/S/E Monotype Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

King!

better
    Years
    PlatinumPiano~ Your the only person who's post I've read so far, and it just means that you finished it first. Others will have numbers accordingly.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Update:
    Mudkip evolved and is now a level 19 Marshtomp. Training in Granite cave before Brawly. No new team members caught have to wait until after Watson for them.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    Hey I'm going to do a grass run through on my sapphire version. I've planned out my team so that I won't need any hm slaves, and planned it so I'll have some variety (eg. grass/poison, grass/dark)
    My planned team (may change my mind about team):
    Treeko to evolve into sceptile.
    Lotad to evolve into Ludicolo
    Shroomish to evolve into Breloom
    Tropius
    Cacnea to evolve into Cacturne
    Oddish to evolve into vileplume (May change to bellosom)

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Update:
    Beat Brawly after two tries and left to go get to Watson. Currently stuck on May with her Grovyle despite my Marshtomp being level 26 >< Still got no other team members yet but will be when I beat Watson and get to Fiery Path etc.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    ugh nevermind, I can't do the challenge anymore. My stupid sapphire keeps deleting and files I make. And my old friend borrowed my Ruby, Emerald and leafgreen about a year ago. Knowing him he lost them or chucked them out, but we're not even friends anymore. I might end up doing it on my fire red, but I probably wont, and I'm starting to get sick of sinnoh.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    ugh nevermind, I can't do the challenge anymore. My stupid sapphire keeps deleting and files I make. And my old friend borrowed my Ruby, Emerald and leafgreen about a year ago. Knowing him he lost them or chucked them out, but we're not even friends anymore. I might end up doing it on my fire red, but I probably wont, and I'm starting to get sick of sinnoh.

Emulator. =D

BTW, Kingo, I'm done. Did'ya see my post? xD

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    New update(I know like third one today XP) :

Defeated May's Grovyle with my level 28 Mitul(Marshtomp). Caught Minun and Plusle but put them in my PC ready for later transfer to Platinum. Defeated Watson on my first go with a level 31 Mitul. Progressed to Fiery Path and caught a Numel and nicknamed it Incendio. Started training it with EXP. Share and continued to Fallarbor Town. Caught a Sandshrew and nicknamed it Oblica and started training it and Incendio. Defeated Team Magma at Mt Chimney and am now defeating the Fire gym.

Current Team:

Mitul/Marshtomp level 33

Oblica/Sandslash level 22

Incendio/Numel level 23

Egg(Wynaut)

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
    Ok im gonna take dis on.

The Opera Ghost ( Adam )
    Grass
    Emerald ( Ftw )
    Update Later
    -----------------------------------------------
    Starting Adventure Now
    ---------------------------------------------
    PARTS :

CHAPTER 1
    CHAPTER 2
    CHAPTER 3
    CHAPTER 4

--------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 : Treecko, I Choose You!
    • Started A New Game
    • Fell Out Of Truck And Faceplanted The Ground
    • Set Clock, Withdrew Potion, Smacked Mother For Wasting Time Abotu Dad
    • ZOMGWTHWILDZIGZAGOONEHELPMEH! Chose Treecko And Saved Birches Ass.
    • Got Treecko As Gift, Nicknamed It PEACE.
    • Got Free Potion, Trampled The Footprint Guy's Areas.
    • Wondered Why Most Entrances Have One Tile And Most Exits Have Two Tiles?
    • Went Up Route 201, Raped Beat May
    • Get Pokedex, Pokeballs , Running Shoes
    • Beat All Trainers Route 202. PEACE Gained A Few Levels.
    • Went Into The Forest And Caught Meh A Shroomish, Named SUMMER.
    • Owned The Team Aqua Grunt
    • * Saved *

Chapter 1 : Part 2 : The Gruntiest Battle
    • Went To Rustboro Gym, Owned The Trainers And Beat Roxanne Easily.
    • * Saved *
    • Went up and found a shiny Whismur! Tryed to get its health down but Stupid SUMMER Got A Crit in, i considered releasing it
    • Battled The Grunt and Won Easily
    • , PEACE Evolved.
    • Caught Nincada For Slave
    • Got Pokenav, Listened To Guy Drone On, Tryed To Kick His Ass.
    • Walked Out Door And Gets Shove Onto Ground * faceplant * by a Proffesor who wanst to give me a Match Call App
    • Saved In Pokecenter
    My Team :

R/S/E Monotype Challenge!

PEACE/Grovyle(m) @ Nothing
    Level 16
    Moves : Pound, Rock Tomb, Absorb, Quick Attack

SUMMER/Shroomish(m) @ Nothing
    Level 16
    Moves : Mega Drain, Tackle, Leech Seed, Bullet Seed

* HM Slave *
    TEH SLAVE1/Nincada(f) @ Nothing
    Level 6
    Moves, Scratch, Harden, Leech Life, CUT

Last edited:

King!

better
    Years
    LOOK AT THIS POST!!!!!!!!

Attention! Since I have missed countless updates, I do not have the ability to go back through everything and write everything down. SO, if you have made at least ONE update in this thread since I made my post stating I left, please VM me what the front post should look like for you name. For example....

EX1: If you have joined the challenge since I lieft, you will put... Your Type: Your Username(Number of Badges) So.... Grass: Kingo!(0). The SAME EXAMPLE goes for if you got more badges.

EX2: If you made the Hall of Fame since I left, you must VM me putting... Champion:Type:Username(Order in which you beat the E4) So...... Champion: Grass: Kingo!(2) I would be 2 because Platinum Piano finished before me...

If you have any questions ASK THEM IN THIS THREAD.

Thank You!

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Chapter 1

It's always hard moving to a new place. But dad's job was in some place called Hoenn, so mom and I had to go. At first, I didn't want to go, but mom said that when we went I would be allowed to get my own Pokemon and go on my own journey! That made up for it. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Brendan, but all my friends call me A. My dad is the new leader of the gym located in Petalburg City. Anyways, when we got to our house in Littleroot Town, mom made me go and meet the neighbors that lived next door. There was a girl in the house that was my age, and she was pretty, too. Her name was May. Her dad owned a big research laboratory right here in Littleroot. However, he liked doing field work, so he was commonly out of the lab. May helped him sometimes by filling pages in the pokedex for him. When I went to go find Professor Birch, he was getting attacked by a wild Pokemon! Oh no! I quickly grabbed a Pokeball and saved him. The Pokemon I chose was a Mudkip. It suited me, because water Pokemon were my favorite type! I did such a good job that Professor Birch gave me the Mudkip I used! I decided to name him Kipper. I immediately started training and befriending it. We weren't far into our training when we bumped into May. She was working on the Pokedex for her dad. We had a quick battle and I won! For winning, she gave me a spare Pokedex to help her fill in pages. We went back to the lab, and her dad sent us both away on our journeys. Not far away from the lab, I came across a wild Wingull. Kipper and I battled it, and ended up catching it! I now had 2 Pokemon in my party! I decided to call the Wingull by the name of Rain. Kipper, Rain, and I went to go find my dad and found a few trainers to battle along the way. When I got to town, dad told me to help this new trainer named Wally capture his first Pokemon. He caught a Ralts. We returned to the Gym and dad told me to go fight gym leaders to get stronger. He said that someday I would fight him, but not yet, I wasn't strong enough yet. He advised me to go through the woods to Rustboro City and challenge Roxanne, the leader there. In the woods, I came across a man who was looking for a Shroomish. While asking me if I had seen one, a thug from some place called "Team Aqua" tried to rob him. I protected him, and he gave me a great ball for it! He then ran off chasing after the thug, who was doing something in Rustboro City. Not a moment later, I found a Shroomish, and caught it with the man's Great Ball. I thought I would probably see him soon, but in the meantime, called the Shroomish by the name of Utility. I battled a few more trainers, and there I was, in my first gym town. I headed straight for the gym. While I was battling the warm up trainers, Kipper evolved into a Marshtomp! Roxanne was mine for sure. Sure enough, none of her rock type Pokemon stood a chance against my new Pokemon. After the battle, she liked Kipper so much that she taught him a move that slowed down the enemy Pokemon by trapping them in rocks. I decided to take a little rest while I was here. Overall, it was a very good day!

My team:

Kipper: the level 17 Marshtomp
    Tackle
    Rock Tomb
    Mud Shot
    Water Gun

Rain: the level 10 Wingull
    Growl
    Water Gun
    Supersonic

Utility: the level 5 Shroomish
    Absorb
    Tackle

Zan

Electric Mad!
    Years
    WELCOME BACK KING!
    i wanted to ask you a queston
    clud i trade over an egg from ruby to emerald becose i wanna do electric, but i dont wanna pass 2 gyms befor i even get a electric pokemon, it wuld be a Minum egg if im allowed, thanks and have a nice time king?

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
    Chapter 2: This better be goods!
    • Raped Beat May AGAIN, Torchic smashed by Rock Tomb
    • Went to Dewford,
    • skipped Brawley
    • delivered letter to Steven, ( I Know Cave Easily )
    • Went to Slateport, Found Capt.Stern Then Some Godamn Punks Came In To Stir The Pot. I Raped Them.
    • delivered GOODS After An Eassseh Battle
    • , sailed back to Petalburg,
    • went to Rustboro got Exp.Share.

Chapter 2: Part 2: Brawling With Brawley

• Went to Route 202 and spent ages looking for Seedot, finally caught one
    • named it CALIFORNIA. Gave CALIFORNIA ExpShare.
    • Went to Dewford Gym, beat all trainers and Brawley on second try, got lucky with a critical hit.
    • Went back to Slateport and fought beach trainers, CALIFORNIA evolved, ( going to level it before i give her a leaf stone )
    • Saved
    My Team :

PEACE/Grovyle(m) @ Nothing
    Level 18
    Moves : Pound, Rock Tomb, Absorb, Quick Attack
    No Changes, Just Levels

SUMMER/Shroomish(m) @ Nothing
    Level 20
    Moves : Mega Drain, Tackle, Leech Seed, Bullet Seed
    No Changes, Trying To Evolve Him Quickly

CALIFORNIA*/Nuzleaf(f) @ Exp.Share
    Level 15
    Moves : Bide, Harden,Growth, Nature Power
    Will Be Teaching It Good Moves Soon. Just Trying To Level It Just Now
    * Name Barely Fit In - I Wanted A Random Yet Good Name So I Though - CALIFORNIA, I like it, COmpletely random, used All Possible letters.

* HM Slave *
    TEH SLAVE1/Nincada(f) @ Nothing
    Level 6
    Moves, Scratch, Harden, Leech Life, CUT
    No Change, Will Ditch It Soon For Something More Useful

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Update:

Chapter 5 and a half: Like father, Better son...And weather trouble will come.

-Caught myself a Baltoy and named it Argila. Also caught a Trapinch and named it Musca
    -Trained Au(my renamed Numel) to level 30
    -Got Mitul to level 35 and trained Argila using EXP share.
    -Defeated every trainer in Dad's gym before trying to fight dad.
    -On my 6th try got lucky and beat his pokemon. Mitul now level 36 and evolved to Swampert. Au now level 32, Musca now level 30 and Argila level 26.
    -Got surf from Wally's dad and headed towards Fortree. Bumped into Steven along the way.
    -Team magma was causing trouble at the weather institute so helped out and got a free Castform but put it in the PC.
    -Got to Fortree but continued on to the Safari Zone and caught a Rhyhorn and named it Domnul. Currently attempting to get a Phanpy.

Current stats:
    5badges, 5 pokemon.

Party:

Mitul/Swampert
    Level 36
    Surf, Rock smash, Mud shot, Mud slap

Argila/Baltoy
    Level 27
    Mud slap, Psybeam, Rock tomb, Ancient power

Musca/Trapinch
    Level 30
    Bite, Faint attack, Sand attack, Sand tomb

Au/Numel
    Level 32
    Take down, Tackle, Ember, Magnitude

Domnul/Rhyhorn
    Level 29
    Stomp, Fury attack, Strength, Rock blast

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Update!

Current Objective: CHASE TEAM MAGMA!
    Current Location: Seafloor Cavern

Team:

"Degree" the Crobat
    @King's Rock
    -Inner Focus-
    Poison/Flying, Lv.37

-Bite
    -Fly
    -Wing Attack
    -Confuse Ray

"Xerviva" the Gyarados
    @Mystic Water
    -Intimidate-
    Water/Flying, Lv.40

-Surf
    -Secret Power
    -Thunderbolt
    -Dive

"Nohtaram" the Skarmory
    @Nothing
    -Sturdy-
    Steel/Flying, Lv.36

-Air Cutter
    -Steel Wing
    -Swift
    -Agility

"Nobilicray" the Altaria
    @Nothing
    -Natural Cure-
    Dragon/Flying, Lv.36

-Dragonbreath
    -Take Down
    -Attract
    -Toxic

"Outquwarth" the Tropius
    @Quick Claw
    -Chlorophyll-
    Grass/Flying, Lv.33

-Strength
    -Magical leaf
    -Growth
    -Sunny Day

"Notchoi" the Xatu
    @Focus Band
    -Synchronize-
    Psychic/Flying, Lv.34

-Facade
    -Leer
    -Night Shade
    -Teleport

THE ROOTERS BACK ON THE HOMESTEAD!
    Vertgaco the Spinda
    Rouliet the Spinda
    Menizar the Zangoose
    Pap Rautzi the Wynaut
    Castform the Castform
    Englosaa the Doduo
    Yobeitru the Gloom
    Doudosik the Oddish
    Urdishe the Oddish
    Muhctek the Pikachu
    Iabror the Girafarig
    Oiviender the Natu
    Maridiram the Phanpy
    Esuon the Grovyle
    Schoaei the Psyduck
    Ramelegant the Goldeen
    Flawed the Kecleon
    Luff the Vulpix
    Randall the Electrode X
    Pocketfarr the Electrode X
    Zungle the Spheal
    Hidei the Snorunt
    Phieshoto the Chinchou

-----
    ADDITIONAL NOTES:
    Yeah, just beat Tate & Liza with a destructive combination of Outquwarth and Xerviva, just to target the other types of thier two Pokemon.
    Notchoi is becoming quite the suprising Powerhouse, however, her health doesn't reflect her skills, or even her moves, for that matter. I need to grow her some more or find some good TMs or something.
    Outquwarth is the prettiest male Tropius ever! I got him hyped up on Blue Pokemon with a bit of Sour, so he would happily it eat it. He has up to Master Rank ribbons, and the Super-Sketh Model ribbon. AWESOME! Nohtaram also has three cool conest ribbons, but he can't survive Master Contests. :/
    .....And if you're wondering, Yes, I did go a bit overboard on the additional Pokemon catching. Safari Zone games, and just the want of rare-ish Pokemon in general.

Oh, and;

QUESTIONS:

Even though this is a Monotype challenge, can you only enter Your type Pokemon into contests?

Not that I would, just wondering.

Liacri

moral support penguin
    Years
    @PlatniumPiano;; Thanks for the tips. ^^ So far Aron/Lairon has been the best, and I don't see him being passed up any time soon.
    @Teh Blazer;; Is it just me, or did you have three chapter sixes? o.0

Basically, I wrote down my updates and didn't bother posting them, since I was waiting to be added to the list in the first post. I don't feel like posting them separately, so here they all are. I definitely started out referring to everything in a more Arthurian way... and then got too lazy to continue with it. xD

Spoiler:

King!

better
    Years
    myrrhman~ I read about the first three lines of that wall-o-text, and then my eyes hurt, IT's fine for now, and I uinderstand you got your first badge, but next time, please space it out a bit more. Thanks! ^_^

Zan~ Thank you, and yush, I did. :) herm.....as to your question, I can understand your problem, but at the same time, it wouldn't be very fair to everyone else. SO, I will let everyone else vote. The first three people to say yes, or the first three people to say no, specified in their post with bold and underlined responses, will decide your fate. Thank you, and have a nice day. *cheesy grocery clerk smile*

Alpha_Spike~ Thanks! Nice update!

Kiyoshi~ I would say, See Above!, but that would make me come across as lazy. Because making all of you post your updates on my profile doesn't do that already. As for your question, I suppose it wouldn't hurt, but it'd ruin the spirit of things. BUT, if you did you would only be able to train on wild Pokemon, because beating trainers with anything of your type is cheating.

Liacri~ Very, very, very unique updates and I like them. But, could you meebee explain your gym battles more? :D

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    I say YES to Zan being allowed to get an egg. This makes it more fair as he will be able to have his pokemon around the same time as others.

Well I caught Phanpy and named it Liderul. Just did the Mt Pyre team magma thing and am heading to Fortree to fight the gym. Will do a proper update soon.

Zan

Electric Mad!
    Years
    lol thanks Alpha
    and just so you all know its only gonna be a Minum egg
    so do please vote all

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back