• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

R/S/E Monotype Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

R/S/E Monotype Challenge

Updating Now :P
Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    Okay everybody, sorry for the wait! Weatherman, Kiyoshi and I have been working and planning on this for quite a while... And since our last attempt at a new thead failed, we're here to make the final one! Without sprites or spaces or enters or any stuff....>.< So, without further ado..... We present the

RulesR/S/E Monotype Challenge!
    1) Dual-Types are allowed.
    2) You have beat your challenge when you defeat the Ellite Four and the Champion.
    3) You are allowed to do a type, even if someone else is.
    4) It isn't a race, so no need to rush!
    5) No trading please, unless it is for evolution purposes.
    6) Obviously, no cheating or hacking.
    7) You may use emulators.
    8) Only use Pokemon under your type!
    9) At least one Pokemon, with the exception of Electric types, must be caught before you leave Dewford.
    10) Please update frequently, and when you do, try to include what you've done, your team so far, and try to make it interesting.
    11) Have fun!

Sign-Up

Username:
    Type:
    Version:

ChallengersR/S/E Monotype Challenge!
    Grass: Itz Spadezz(136 Badges)CONGRATS!; Giovanni(0 Badges); Dullstar(0 Badges)

Fire: Decodedd(0 Badges)
    Water: PicklePepperPiper(5 Badges)R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!; Waffle-San(6 Badges)R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!; Dullstar(0 Badges)

Electric: Xephyr(0 Badges)
    Flying: Suicune™(1 Badges) R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!; PyRoMaNiC(3 Badges); cystar(0 Badges)
    Fighting: King!(3 Badges)R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!; The Sceptile King (0 Badges);

Normal: Reginaldvonburger(0 Badges); Itz Spadezz(0 Badges)
    Ground: Zirkle38(4 Badges)R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!; Gannon81(0 Badges); Dullstar(0 Badges)

Rock:

Steel: dooxer(0 Badges)
    Psychic: Xephyr(900000.222334754929+ badges)CONGRATS!; Dark Sceptile(0 Badges)R/S/E Monotype Challenge!; adhdguitar(0 Badges)
    Poison: Ahungryhamster(2 Badges)R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!; rapid-ash(6 Badges)R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!; Trevorgerard(0 Badges)
    Ghost: Myrrhman(2 Badges)R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!

Dark: Famastar (700 Badges) CONGRATS!
    Bug: Cephix(2 Badges) R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!

Champions R/S/E Monotype Challenge!
    1) Xephyr; 15:52 R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!
    2) Itz Spadezz; 22:57 R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!
    3) Famastar; Time Unknown R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!R/S/E Monotype Challenge!

ShiniesR/S/E Monotype Challenge!
    R/S/E Monotype Challenge!rapid-ash's Shiny Muk!!!​

Banners/Userbars (Rayquaza thanks you!)R/S/E Monotype Challenge!

Okay, now that we're done with that piece of business....
    Get started! For those of you who don't know how this works you fill out the sign-up form and post it. After that, you're free to start your challenge and update! Unless King!, Weatherman, Kiyoshi, or R/S/E Monotype Challenge say otherwise, of course. So yeah, get started and have fun!
    (P.S. If you've alreday started a challenge on the other thread, you can continue it here! Just post your most recent update, and a new sign-up form for easy input on the OP)

EDIT: I am now beginning to add teams next to the username in the list. This might get too cluttered, and if this happens the feature will only be moved to the champion section. Thanks!

Last edited:

Ecstatic

Chilling out.
    Years
  • Opera, no offense, But you must be somewhat clueless. The owner of the other HUGE thread, is the one that made this one, he just had to make a new one because the other thread was to inactive, so, Maybe you should know things before you post them.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I have a quick question. If I'm doing a Dark type run, am I allowed to catch a Seedot? Like, it's not dark until it evolves, so I'm not sure.

King!

better
    Years
  • Okay everyone, the 'conflict' with Opera Ghost is over so no more mental harassment. xD
    Yes, you are able to catch any Pokemon that evolve into your type. =P

Years
  • Sweet new thread been meaning on doing this challenge for sometime.

Username: ITz SPADEZz
    Type: Grass
    Game:Emerald

I'll get started on this a little later today.

King!

better
    Years
  • Yay our first challenger!!!! *pees pants*
    I'll let Suicune edit the OP as his/her first test.... MUAHAHA

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Username: Xephyr
    Type: Psychic

Version: Ruby

Update:

Picked Torchic for cutting ability.
    Super speeded through beginning until I get to the route with Ralts.
    Search for about ten minutes:

Yays.

Own.

With Torchic's help, I train Ralts until it gets confusion (this was really annoying). I then grind until ~12.

Moving on through the forest of fail. Oh look a city.

Oh noes.

No problems here. Moving on.

I'm keeping Torchic in my party for now because I have no other way of dealing damage to Poochyenas, but as soon as I get a move on Ralts that hurts Poochyenas or I catch a Meditite, I'll probably get rid of it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • UPDATE 1 (Grass Challenge)

-Did beginning stuff
    -Picked a treecko
    -Basically im gonna be getting alot of grass pokemon at the start of the game like shroomish,lotad and seedot(which is a 1% chance) :(
    -beat may
    -Got the pokedex
    -caught Lotad, Shroomish, and seedot
    -stopped while level grinding shroomish and seedot

Decided to call it a night since it took so long just to find seedot next update will be much better

Shroomish lvl 8
    Stunspore
    Tackle
    Absorb

Seedot lvl 7
    Harden
    Growth
    Bide

Lotad lvl 11
    Absorb
    Astonish
    Growl

Treeko lvl 13
    Absorb
    Pound
    leer
    Quick Attack

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Update:

Dewford. Went into the cave.

Got lucky to catch this guy with a Great Ball.

Training this thing to level 16 was one of the most painful things I've ever done. Thank god for super speed. Also, I mispelled Houdini on purpose.

If you honestly thought this gym would give me any trouble whatsoever, you have mental problems.

Went through the tunnel without flash cause i'm too cool for that and eventually got an evolution

Found Steven, blah blah.

I went ahead and did this to make me virtually unstoppable for a while.

I don't think I encounter any new psychic types for a while. So it's just Alakazam and Kirlia (soon Gardevoir) for a bit. Unless Meditite is found somewhere. Which I don't know if it is.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • So, are you guys going to update this thread with the champions of the old one?

I'll try a Ghost Run:

Username: Myrrhman
    Type: Ghost
    Version: Sapphire durr

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Cruisin' along.

Oh May. You suck so bad.

Seriously Wally. Life, Pokemon, and everything in between. You're doing it all wrong. Watch, now that I've said this, I bet that right when I'm about to exit Victory Road, you're gonna pop up and battle me and you're gonna be some epic trainer.

Wait, isn't that exactly what happens? @_@

This isn't even fair anymore. Learning Psychic at level 26? Wut?

Not scary at all.

Like you had a chance.

I start using only Kirlia against people cause I wants me a Gardevoir.

And then I gets me a Gardevoir.

Alright, I'm getting to a point where a couple new team members can be found. Spoink and Baltoy. Whoo?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    New team memberrr

Meteor Falls? Hmm. I don't remember this place.

Oh yeah. I totally forgot about this guy. Solrock is epic. I'm gonna use him for two important reasons.

1. He learns fire moves. I don't think any other psychic types I can get can use fire type moves.

2. Levitate. Ground type moves don't effect him. This is a good thing.

So I grinded him up.

My team at this point:

- Solaris - lv.30
    -Fire Spin
    -Confusion
    -Harden
    -Rock Throw

- Hudini - lv. 31
    -Shock Wave
    -Psybeam
    -Recover
    -Reflect

- Leia - lv.32
    -Psychic
    -Confusion
    -Calm Mind
    -Double Team

Last edited:

R/S/E Monotype Challenge

Updating Now :P
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    Welcome, our two new challengers!
    Itz Spadezz: Nice idea, I actually really like Shroomish liek the elf
    Xeyphr: Wow, you're going fast, aren't you!? ;3 Meditite can be found in the grass at Mt. Pyre. (b'_')b
    https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/psychic.shtml (There's a link for more choices...)

Anywho, keep going everybody!!!

EDIT: Please view the bottom of the first posst!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Ah, thanks. And yeah, I do these pretty speedy. I once did a mono run of every single type through FireRed, so I know what I'm doing.

Also, the rest of my team will end up being Medicham, Xatu, and Starmie. For obvious reasons.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back