• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

R/S/E Monotype Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phye

The Eternal Night :.
Years
  • Next stop, Mauville City:.
    After getting to known that Capt. Stern isn't where he use to be I head over to the museum to find him there. I also grab the TM Thief from the Aqua Grunt there.

Two Team Aqua grunts appear before me and challenge me one at a time to a battle. First up is a Carvanha. It goes down fairly well against Silent. Next up is the other grunt with a Zubat and Carvanha. I switched out Silent for Destiny to take care of the zubat with confusion. I then switched to Fate to take down the Carvanha with absorb.

After the battles the leader arrived but he never challenged me but more like warned me for them. Outside the Museum I meet the weird guy Scott again. This time I got him registered on the PokéNav.

Time to head to Mauville City!
    On my way I meet Prof. Birch of all people. I got him registered on the PokéNav as well.

Double Battle time! PokéFan Isabel and PokéFan Kaleb challenges me to a battle. They both uses 2 pokémon each. Their first pokémon are Plusle and Minun. I switched out Fate since she doesn't like electric attacks for Destiny and began taking them down. Their next pokémon are also Plusle and Minun but vice versa.

I run to the left to train on the trainers there before heading further.
    First trainer to battle is Aroma Lady Daisy with Shroomish. Silent takes it down with Leech Life. Next up is Roselia, I let Destiny handle it.

Next battle is a Double Battle between the twins Amy and Liv. They use Plusle and Minun as well. After a couple of Cuts and Confusions they are down as well.

PokéFan Miguel is next for a battle. He uses a Skitty which Silent took down fairly well. After the battle I ran to the Pokémon Center to heal up my bug pokémon before continuing battling the other trainers.

A frustrating fisherman whose name is Andrew challenged me to a battle with his team of three pokémon. Magikarp was first sent out and taken down easily with Silent. His second pokémon is a tentacool which I decided Destiny could take care off. After 2 confusions it was down. After the battle it learned the move Protect which may come in handy later on. Andrew's third and last pokémon were a magikarp too. It went down fast like I don't know =P.

The last battle on this route is a double battle between Black Belt Rhett and Guitarist Marcos. They were using a Voltorb and a Makuhita. Makuhita went down with gusts and voltorb went down with combination of Cuts/Fury Swipes and Absorbs.

I grabbed the items lying around before heading towards the right this time. Before the first trainer battle I healed up my pokémon at the pokémon center as well as grabbing all the items lying around him.

I then ran into Youngster Timmy which challenged me to a battle with his two pokémon. First off he sent out Aron. Fate seems to be the best match for it since its Absorb does at least neutral to it so I switched her in. After the fight it learned stun spore which will really help in future battles. Next Timmy got a Electrike which Silent can easily wall due to its ground typing.

Next up is the rival battle against Brendan. He starts the battle off with our second nemesis Slugma. Having no pokémon that could hurt it for super effective damage I let Silent stay in and do as much damage as it can but she went down in a single hit. Next up I picked Destiny because of his high special defence. I had to switch out to the HM slave when Slugma yawned since I didn't have any awakening at the time of the battle.
    When he yawned a second time I thought I had to sacrifice Fate but luckily she survived one hit from ember. If Brendan had decided on Rock Throw she would have definitely been down.
    Directly after Slugma the first nemesis to our team is sent out; Wingull. Fate stays in and tries to absorb back to health but gets taken down by a single Wing Attack. Everything is up to Destiny now. A couple of harden before attacking to be on the safe side. Wingull is slicing away with Wing Attacks, one critical and Destiny will be down. Confusion from super sonic doesn't help either. Wingull goes finally down and next up is Grovyle. With a couple of gusts its down.

After the Rival Battle I have to go to the Pokémon Center and restore my pokémon to full health, I also decided to restock on supplies while I was in town.

All right back on track again, a double battle between Collector Edwin and Guitarist Joseph is initiating. They got two pokémon each and their first ones are Lombre and Electrike. Lombre goes down easy with Fate's Gusts and Silent Fury Swipes away on Electrike. Their Second Pokémon are Nuzleaf and Voltorb. Nuzleaf suffers the same fate as Lombre and goes down fairly well. Voltorb goes down with Fury Swipes and Absorbs.

And after that battle another Double Battle but this time against Triathlete Alyssa and Psychic Edward. Magnemite and Abra are there pokémon. Abra went down fast with leech life but I had to attack away on Magnemite since I have no moves doing at least neutral against it. With the combinated moves from Destiny and Fate I finally took down Magnemite. This doesn't bode well for the next gym.

Last trainer to battle for the day is Fisherman Dale with his four Pokémon. First off is Tentacool which went down fairly well by Destiny's Confusions. Next up is a wailmer, I decided Fate would be a great pokémon against it with her absorbs. Dale's third pokémon were another wailmer which got taken down by absorbs as well. His last and final pokémon is another Tentacool which gets taken down by Destiny.

I grab the berries and head over to the pokémon center to heal up my pokémon. This is also where I'm currently located after this update.

.:Current Team:.
    Fate the Gentle Beautifly:. LV19
    Destiny the Quirky Dustox:. LV18
    Silent the Quiet Nincada:. LV17

Mudkip Lv6 (HM Slave)

Training Before the Gym:.
    But before I take on the gym, I decided its best if I train on all the pokémon trainers around.

Wally with his ralts that is staying outside the Gym goes down easily with Silent's Leech Life.

With Scott coming and going I went over to the right route and engaged in a Double Battle between Aroma Lady Rose and Youngster Deandre. They were starting off with Zigzagoon and Roselia. Roselia went down with gusts and Zigzagoon went down with fury swipes. The second roselia goes down just as easily as the previous one. Shroomish were the third pokémon that the Aroma Lady uses and goes down as easy as the Roselias before it. Next Pokémon for Deandre is an Aron which goes down with confusions and absorbs. Last pokémon is an Electrike that goes down as swiftly as the other pokémon in the battle.

After the battle I grabbed the HM Rock Smash and teached it to Mudkip. I also grabbed a bike to use on the bycycle bridge later.

I then continue to battle the trainers on Route 118. Next up is Guitarist Dalton with two pokémon. The first one he sends out is a Magnemite. Silent will have to swipe away on that magnet pokémon but to make it somewhat faster I decided to send in Destiny to use confusions on it. Next up is Whismur, Silent have an easier time defeating that pokémon.

Fisherman Wade gets challenged next. With only a tentacool he goes down easy with Destiny's confusion.

Healing up and then go to the left and battle some trainers. First on this route is Triathlete Dylan with his Doduo. Thanks to Destiny's bulk it goes down fairly easy.

Second up is Pokémon Breeder Isaac with his full team of six pokémon. He sends out a Whismur first. Silent easily defeats it with fury swipes. Next up is Taillow, I send in Destiny and begin to use confusion on it. Luckily it didn't use peck and instead growl so it went down with two confusions. Zigzagoon is up next and I let Silent handle as much as she can before it growls too much. His fourth pokémon is an Aron, Fate's time to shine with her Absorbs.
    Argh small dilemma, Fate wanted to learn Morning Sun but I will need Wing Attack, Absorb and Stun Spore. Flash is a HM and can't be unlearn before I get to Lilycove City. I decided since Fate isn't a bulky pokémon to not let it learn Morning Sun.
    After Aron, Isaac sends out a Poochyena. Silent handles it easily with Leech life. Next up is Makuhita which I decided Destiny could get exp from. I decided not to let Silent learn Mind Reader because I don't think I will need it.

Next up is a Double battle between Sr. and Jr. Anna and Mec. Their pokémon are a Zigzagoon and a Makuhita. Makuhita goes down with confusions while Zigzagoon goes down with Fury Swipes and a confusion.

After the battle I heal up and then challenge Triathlete Maria to a battle. Her Doduo gets taken down by some confusions.

A Double Battle is the next one I get challenged to between Battle Girl Aisha and Triathlete Melina. They use a Doduo and a Meditite. Doduo gets down by a couple of confusions. After taking down Doduo, Destiny learned Moonlight. Meditite gets taken down by Gust.

After the battle I challenge Psychic Brandi. She uses a Ralts which goes down easily by Leech life from Silent.

I ran into Bug Maniac Derek directly after the battle. I'll show him that I'm more of a Bug Maniac than him! Anyways he starts off with a Dustox, I send in my own and beat his with Confusion. Next up is a Beautifly, I send out my own this time as well and takes his down with gust.

Last trainer on this route is Pokémon Breeder Lydia with her 6 pokémon. First off is Wingull my first nemesis in this game. Destiny gets sent in and takes it down with confusions. Next up is Goldeen which gets taken down by Absorb from Fate. After goldeen a Marill gets sent out, it too gets taken down by Absorb. The fourth pokémon is a Shroomish which I decided Silent could take on with Leech Life. After Shroomish does Lydia send out a Roselia. Roselia gets taken down by Confusion from Destiny. The last pokémon is a skitty which Silent takes on with fury swipes and cut.
    After the battle Silent wanted to evolve but I've decided that I don't want to evolve her before she levels up to 25.

Im now currently located in Verdanturf Town's Pokémon Center and my pokémon are healed up.

Fate the Gentle Beautifly:. LV20
    Destiny the Quirky Dustox:. LV20
    Silent the Quiet Nincada:. LV20

Mudkip Lv6 (HM Slave)

Last edited:

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Sorry I've been so inactive on PC >.>"
    and sorry I've been inactive with my challenge, also. XD

I haven't played it since HG/SS came out.
    But, I'll give an accurate update the next time I play since (apperantly) I'm too lazy now.

Let this thread thrive~

King!

better
    Years
  • rofl no problem weatherman...ouch....
    AGH WHY MUST THIS HURT SO? I'm doing my chsllenge right now. in bed. i am a bit off right now...sorryy....
    and, erm, it'll update later. i think.

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
    Years
  • update time!!!

-caught zigzagoon and seedot for slaves
    -Showed Wally the hacker how to catch a pokemon
    -went to the forest of copies(Forest closest to the town is -forest in the 1st 3rd 4th gens)
    -caught shroomish
    -beat roxanne
    -went to dewford
    -saved

team:
    Fire Chick lv.11
    Scratch
    Growl
    Focus Energy
    Ember

Shroomish lv.15
    Absorb
    Tackle
    Stun Spore
    leech seed

lv.8
    tackle
    focus energy
    sand attack

Last edited:

Phye

Years
  • Hehe I think I should cut it off with walls of text updates and just give small updates with important things in the future ^^; I stand out too much in this thread.

I don't think you guys need to know every single detail that I do =P

King!

better
    Years
  • :O But Cephix, your walls of text don't bug us! no pun intended
    I actually enjoy reading them.... when i do read them >.<

Years
  • Update...

Haven't got too much time for playing, I'm not actually even in Rustboro yet :S
    I catched Wurmple, and evolved it to Beautifly, which is level 12 at the moment.
    Next I'm going to Rustboro, catch Nincada and (try) beat Roxanne :)

Years
  • Small update again :)

Went to Rustboro and caught Nincada. It was level 7 and now it's level 10. I won Roxanne at first try. Her Geodude didn't have a chance against my Beautifly's (lvl 15) absorb ;) Nosepass was little harder. I used my Nincada to lower Nosepass's accuracy with Sand-Attack and then Beautifly finished it with Absorb. I'm going to catch another Nincada to use cut before I go to Dewford. At Dewford I'll catch Sableye for better HM slave.

Now going to play again, having one hour to play before the hockey game starts :D

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Well, I do have Skarmory.
    Should I just beef it up for the battle so it can face her solely?

because Altaria and Tropius won't have a chance until hell freezes over.

[/Pun_extremely_intended]

Phye

Years
  • That would be a great idea since Skarmory would be the only one taking neutral damage.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Alright, updating time!!

I decided I wanted a Good Rod real bad so I blazed through the 4th and 5th gyms getting Mudkip to level 45 and Wingull 42. Now that I had access to surf I headed west of Mauville to get my Good Rod, then it was time for some serious fishing to get myself a Corphish and Barboach. I caught a bunch of Corphish and decided to go with a level 26 one as it had good IV's and Battle Armour which I prefered. I then headed up Route 111 when I discovered the Mirage Tower!! I went through it training my Corphish up to level 31, raising it one level for each floor. After that I went to Route 114 to catch myself a Barboach!! Let me tell you, it took FOREVER!! All the ones I ran into were sub level 20 which wasn't going to cut it. I finally managed to catch a level 28 one and I rolled with it.
    I decided to opt against surfing to Dewford for more training as I know there's a shipwreck to Dive in and I don't feel like doing it twice.
    So with that I headed back to Mauville to talk to Watson and do the New Mauville sidequest, earning myself a Thunderbolt TM and more importantly gaining lots of experience for my newly caught Barboach!! At the moment I'm currently back in the Desert training my Corphish some more.

Current Game
    5 Badges
    21:41
    Team:
    (Mudkip - Level 45)
    (Wingull - Level 42)
    (Barboach - Level 35; In training)
    (Corphish - Level 33; In training)
    (Lotad - Level 30; Done training)

Lotad will not be trained anymore as I found it be useless...and that's how my Monowater unevolved challenge is looking so far!!

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Ok, I'm updating for real this time. 3rd time's a charm.

Beat everyone from May to Mauville, as well as the east and west of Mauville, to try to get Nincada to evolve. Also I beat Wally. After beating all the trainers, Nincada was at level 18, and almost 19, so I trained on wild Pokemon until I leveled up, then used my Rare Candy to evolve into Shedinja. I boxed the Ninjask. Enter Gym.
    First trainer: Shedinja uses 6 Double Teams on Electrike, but gets Paralyzed, then uses Fury Swipes for the KO. Magnemite comes out. First turn: Supersonic hits me. And I hurt myself in confusion to kill myself. Sigh. Sableye finishes him.
    The other trainers can't hurt me.
    I SAVE before Wattson this time.
    Battle Starts. I retry about 7 times before the following does not happen: Magnemite used Supersonic! Shedinja hurts itself in Confusion! Shedinja fainted! SO INFURIATING!!!
    But on the 8th time, I got off not one, not two but ALL SIX Double Teams. It was smooth sailing from there, what with Shedinja's Fury Cutter and all. Magnemite fell in like 6 hits, Voltorb the next, and Magneton in three more (although he did manage to confuse me). With the Dynamo Badge in hand, I gladly accepted his Shock Wave TM and saved.

I then got both Rock Smash and Strength, and taught them to Zigzagoon and Grovyle, respectively. I also taught Shock Wave to my Sableye. I took out Gabby and Ty and saved.

Phye

Years
  • Oh well I continue to write huge walls of text updates. Its fun going back to what I've done, its kinda like a journal over the Bug Challenge. ^.^

Mauville City Gym:.
    I ran into Hiker Mike in the Rusturf Tunnel. He uses 3 pokémon, the first is a Geodude I switch in Fate to be able to absorb it and it used magnitude doing nothing at all. Absorb kills it off. Next up is another geodude, I switch out to Silent to get some more exp and then back into Fate again. His third and last pokémon is a geodude. Same thing there but killed it of with a gust instead.

I grabbed the Blackglasses that were around and the went ahead to the cycle road to challenge the last trainers before the Gym.

Next up is a Psychic trainer which I forgot to write the name down of. Anyways she uses an Abra which goes easily down by Silent.

After that battle is Triathlete Abigail's turn with her Magnemite. After a couple of confusions from Destiny it finally went down.

Triathlete Anthony is next in line with his two pokémon. First he uses a magnemite as well. The same as before, it also goes down after some confusions. I wish Destiny had Metal sound as well since that would help a lot against steel types. His last pokémon is also a magnemite which also goes down by confusions.

Next is Triathlete Benjamin with his Magnemite. Will I only meet magnemites on this bridge? Anyways confusion takes care of that one too.

I bicycle into Triathlete Jacob after the battle. He uses three pokémon and his first is Voltorb. Silent takes it down with fury swipes. The next one is also a voltorb and goes down fairly easy with the same move. Last pokémon he uses is a... *sigh* a magnemite. Anyways since confusion's PP is low I decided to cut away.

After that is Triathlete Jasmine's turn. She uses three pokémon and her first is a Magnemite, go figure. Cut, Cut and more cut. Her second pokémon is a magnemite as well. Her last pokémon is a voltorb though, it goes down easily.

Back in Slateport City I decided to heal up at the Pokémon Center. Allright after I head back to Mauville City its time for the gym battle!

First battle is a double battle between Battle Girl Vivian and Guitarist Kirk. Electrike and Meditite gets send out. Cut on electrike and gust on meditite. Next up is another meditite and a voltorb. The second meditite goes down as easy as the first. Voltorb goes down after a confusion and cut.

Another double battle is initiating, this time between Bug Maniac Angelo and Guitarist Shawn. Their first pokémon are Illumise and Voltorb. Illumise goes down wing attack and voltorb gets down with cuts. Next up is a magnemite and a Volbeat. Magnemite gets down by cut and confusion and Volbeat gets taken down by Gusts. Destiny gets taken down by a quick attack at low health since I decided to use moonlight instead of a pot and fate gets taken down by combined shock waves from both of them. However, Silent manages to take them down with cut.

Since I locked myself in and not being able to leave to heal my pokémon I had to challenge Youngster Ben with only Silent alive. Zigzagoon is the first pokémon to he uses. It goes down with a couple of cuts. Growls slowed it down however... Next is a Gulpin which also went down fairly well with cuts except that Silent had -3 attack + it knew yawn.

I healed up at the pokémon center before challenging the gym leader.
    Gym Leader Wattson would like to battle!
    He starts out with a voltorb. First thing he did were to use rollout, since Silent is currently part ground It didnt do too much damage but it can be lethal to the rest of my team. Since it almost killed Silent I decided to start do Harden when Wattson used Super Potion to survive longer instead. Even its selfdestruct never managed to kill Silent after 6+ defence. Next up is Electrike, I decided it was best for Silent to stay in with its defence boost and immunity to electric. With a couple of Cuts it went down.
    Wattson's third pokémon is a magneton. Hopefully Silent can take it down. Since it kept using sonic boom all the time I decided to try kill it off with confusion from Destiny instead. However the damage didn't differ much. But since Destiny is already in I decided to hope for a confusion to happen at least. I tried getting in Fate for Stun Spore but Magneton was faster and killed her off with a shock wave. So it was back to Cuts for a change of pace. And of course Wattson uses a super potion on magneton when I finally got it down on low hp. However since I was out of potions myself it was just a matter of time before I lost.

Allright, before I take on the gym leader again I decide to go defeat the trainers I missed to the north.

First up is a Double Battle with Aroma Lady Celina and Camper Tyron. They use Sandshrew and Roselia. Roselia goes down with confusion and sandshrew goes down with cut + confusion.
    Next up is yet another Double Battle but between Picnicer Bianca and *gasp* Kindle Hayden. They send out Numel and Shroomish. I switched out Dustox for Fate to be able to absorb numel for neutral damage. Shroomish went down by a couple of leech life. But I realised I had forgot to repot and Beautifly goes down by both opponent's pokémon. However Destiny manages to take down Numel with his Confusion.

I heal up my pokémon at the pokémon center and decide I will continue more tomorrow since I'm tired. I'm currently located at Mauville City's Pokémon Center.

Fate the Gentle Beautifly:. LV21
    Destiny the Quirky Dustox:. LV22
    Silent the Quiet Nincada:. LV23

Mudkip Lv6 (HM Slave)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back