• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

R/S or HGSS tilesets and characters

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    Just a quick question. I've been deciding beetwen R/S kinda graphics for my new game or a Heart gold kinda graphics. I've tried with HGSS graphics and tileset but it had a lot of problems so i've been kinda rethinking that. I have characters ready, gym leaders, everything, i just need to decide. A lot of you will be like: OMG what a noob choosse HGSS ofc, but i want you to tell me, will it be easier with R/S kit?

Rossay

Quack quack
    Years
  • Honestly, I think it would be a waste if you were to make a project with R/S/E graphics because they just look so bad and outdated. Go with HGSS or even BW.

Gmack

I'm back!
    Years
  • Well, depends on your own opinion.
    If you go with what you map better in, and you feel like the game looks better with that kit, then go for it.
    Personally, i think you should go with default essentials.
    It's easy to use, you can add a bunch of things on it, and it's a good start.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    Default essential? I used Poccils but now i use Venom's Pokemon Essentials ds.
    I wanted to go for BW but there is no kit of BW yet so i cant make that obviously, i've tried HGSS and it isnt bad, but i had problems with tiles. Not with houses but with Autotiles, i only had like 1 type of grass or something you know.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
    Years
  • I suguest to use hg/ss tile rossay told u why:)
    and the lot of problems that u mentioned might be because u aren't too used to some tiles to map with and that's why u had those problems?

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    well my problem was autotiles. I had only 1 type of the grass, 1 type of the road and stuff..xD.. Also, why when i go to connect 2 maps i can only connect like 2-3 maps, theres no more space in Visual Editor.--.--

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    As for the problem with the visual editor, you can drag on the background which moves the maps across.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    Ah i see thanks.:D So yeah i kinda decided for HGSS, let's just see what ill make..xD

Back