• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

R4 Worth it?

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    R4 is an Action Replay, but is it worth it? Some questions I need answered:

Does it mess up your DS?

Does it mess up your game?

Does it break down after a while?

How do you turn pokemon from your game into files?

Does Gamestop have it?

I'm really clueless about it. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this is the wrong forum!

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Well I've never used it, but I've known people who have and I think I can answer some of your questions.

Does it mess up your DS?
    Not so far as I know. It should'nt do anything to your DS​
    Nope, though it is much easier to keep a spare backup sav file in your computer, JIC​
    No more than it would in the original packaging, If it does then you got a defective chip​
    ? I'm not sure I understand the question. R4's use SD cards to run your games on, and you can easily transfer games between your computer and the card via a memory card reader.​
    Does Gamestop have it?
    I don't believe so (at least the ones around me don't) you can usually find it in online specialty shops, google help locate them.​

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    Well I've never used it, but I've known people who have and I think I can answer some of your questions.

Does it mess up your DS?
    Not so far as I know. It should'nt do anything to your DS​
    Nope, though it is much easier to keep a spare backup sav file in your computer, JIC​
    No more than it would in the original packaging, If it does then you got a defective chip​
    ? I'm not sure I understand the question. R4's use SD cards to run your games on, and you can easily transfer games between your computer and the card via a memory card reader.​
    Does Gamestop have it?
    I don't believe so (at least the ones around me don't) you can usually find it in online specialty shops, google help locate them.​
    Thank you very much. That helped alot!

This can be closed.

DMNT

Prismatic.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2010
    R4 is an Action Replay, but is it worth it?

Just to clarify, I'm pretty sure the R4 is a flash cart, not an Action Replay. Unless if you're referring to one of the R4's functions which allows it to load Action Replay cheat codes for any ROM on the system. Most flash carts for the DS allow it to play ROMs (homebrew and commercial), music (usually only MP3), and videos (in a format called DPG).

Does it mess up your DS?
    If you receive a defective model, it is possible you could brick your DS, although it's extremely unlikely. I don't know anyone who's ever had any bricking problems with any of their flash carts.

As long as you take care of it, you shouldn't have any problems.

Does Gamestop have it?
    Nope, you won't be able to get it from any retail stores. You will have to buy online.

Back