• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Race To G-Phoria on G4

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
  • so far, I think theyve shown all the nomination shows, so this thred will be ready for when the results air on G4...for those who dont know what Im talking about, G-Phoria is a game awards thingy, and Ill post the results and stuff if I manage to see it!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • feh, I don't give much credibility to anything related to G4 anymore...but let's watch G-phoria just for fun eh?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I've been to site. I like some of those categories. I hope Katamari wins for innovation (or whatever it was nominated for *can't remember*). When does it air?

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • All the bloody games nominated are nominated in every single category and are only the games that were bought a lot, just so G4 can get ratings.

The main character for GTA: SA for Best Character? Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Hahahahahaha!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

A morally defunct killing machine with no real plot except killing people randomly and other illegal activities, the best character in a video game? Jeeze, I'd vote for a Ninja Turtle over him.

On a sidenote: The only reason I watch G4 is because I tire of the constant reruns on Cartoon Network, Nick has gone majorly downhill, and Rap (and most other music) burns my ears, brain, and eyes to watch. There's nothing else I know of on TV.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Shadow said:
    All the bloody games nominated are nominated in every single category and are only the games that were bought a lot, just so G4 can get ratings.

The main character for GTA: SA for Best Character? Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Hahahahahaha!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

A morally defunct killing machine with no real plot except killing people randomly and other illegal activities, the best character in a video game?
    TELL LIKE IT IS BROTHER!!! FO'SHO!
    ~Ahem~ I concur with that statement, sweeties. ^^

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • TRIFORCE89 said:
    I've been to site. I like some of those categories. I hope Katamari wins for innovation (or whatever it was nominated for *can't remember*). When does it air?
    It airs on August 9th...I think I watch the channel too much :\ . neway, I really dont think GTA: San Andreas should even be in the Best Character thing, he kills ppl, thats kool, but hes not as kool as say...Hello Kitty! J/K, Id say the best character should be Ash from pokemon red/blue/yellow. He PAWNS ^^

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Kasanai Tsumi said:
    It airs on August 9th...I think I watch the channel too much :\ . neway, I really dont think GTA: San Andreas should even be in the Best Character thing, he kills ppl, thats kool, but hes not as kool as say...Hello Kitty! J/K, Id say the best character should be Ash from pokemon red/blue/yellow. He PAWNS ^^

Or at least Brandon/May from R/S/E, but G4 is extremely biased against anything Nintendo-related. As far as I've seen, C.J. has a better chance than Samus for best character...poor Samus getting beat by an urban stereotype...

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
  • Why was Metroid Prime 2 not a nominee for best shooter?
    Why was Metroid Prime 2 not a nominee for Game of the Year?
    Why was C. J. a nominee for Best Character?
    Why was GTA: San Andreas(or Psi-ops, or Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, or any of the many PS@/Xbox games) not released for our Gamecube?
    Will the same thing happen to the Revolution?

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Alt Sports Award--NBA Street V3
    Don't play sports games, don't care.
    Best Adaptation--LEGO Star Wars
    Definitly the best movie game I've played in a long time.
    Best Action Game--God of War
    Not debating it.
    Best Boss--Halo 2 - Scarab Battle
    Never heard of this boss, but sheesh, the Hydra was nominated from God of War. Where's Onyxia, Ragnaros, Nefarion, or any of the BWL/MC fights (BWL, being undefeated to this day) from WoW? Where's General Grievous from the aforementioned LEGO Star Wars (or other Star Wars adaptations)? Where's any of teh good bosses?
    Best Cinematic--God of War
    Whoo fake looking/exagerrated excess blood for the lose!
    Best Graphics--Half-Life 2
    Not debating this.
    Best Handheld Game--The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Good game, but I'm sure there is a better one out there.
    Best Innovation--Katamari Damacy
    ...Definitly not debating the innovation here.
    Best Licensed Soundtrack--Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    Woo moral decaying profanity wins again. -.-
    Best Multiplayer Game--Halo 2
    Not debating so much.
    Best Original Game--God of War
    Wow, stolen Greek gods + hack and slash = orginal? I didn't know!
    Best Original Soundtrack--Halo 2
    Never heard it, but I'm quite sure there's more deserving games.
    Best Racing Game--Burnout 3: Takedown
    No debate.
    Best RPG--Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
    I've heard the original was much better. Too bad there's been no Final Fantasy this year to claim this spot.
    Best Shooter--Halo 2
    No debate really, all the games in every category are the ones that should've been here, and only here..
    Best Sound Design--Halo 2
    Never heard it either, but I'm sure there's better design somewhere then bullets and lasers and crap.
    Best Traditional Sports Game--Madden NFL 2005
    No debate.
    Best Voice Performance - Female--Half-Life 2 - Merle Dandridge
    Never heard it, but I hate most video game actors since they don't usually take it as seriously/try as hard as cartoon voice actors and the like.
    Best Voice Performance - Male--Halo 2 - David Cross
    See last one.
    EB Gamers' Choice Award--World of Warcraft
    This was the most bought game or something? I'd believe that since WoW was the fastest selling PC game to date. =D
    Favorite Character--God of War - Kratos
    Horrible butchered mythology wins again!
    Game of the Year--Halo 2
    Can we say 'Micro$oft + "donations" to G4 = Halo 2 in every category?'

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • tmbjr said:
    Or at least Brandon/May from R/S/E, but G4 is extremely biased against anything Nintendo-related. As far as I've seen, C.J. has a better chance than Samus for best character...poor Samus getting beat by an urban stereotype...
    yup, they are always saying how bad the pokemon games are, but i bet they dont even play them! *looks at the x-play interns*

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2009
    I'm gonna watch it because there will be nothing to do when it's on... I like G4.. but if I hear about another dang shooter game or about Halo 2 I'm going to scream >_< *usually just plays RPGs*

And I have never played any of the games nominated, nor do I wish to play any of them =/

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Well, for people who review video games for a living, it'd probably be tedious replaying Pokemon again and again every few years. <_< Especially for those who may not like the genre, etc.

But anyway, I digress; this thread is for G-Phoria. I've watched a few of the episodes leading up to it, but they aren't amazing. o_O; I'll watch it if I'm not on the computer (and I assume they'll overkill it with replays or something... or at least they will up in Canada because of the lack of filler shows to play), so I'll eventually end up seeing it. I voted simply because Tales of Symphonia was in the running (though I'm certain it'll be beat out by the other games; what a shame). That and Katamari Damacy which I'm hoping will win as well, though that one seems like one of those hands-down wins. :\ Mostly everything else I guessed for or just picked whatever I'd heard of. I barely own any of the nominees. <_<

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
  • tmbjr said:

Oh please. The main characters in the Pokemon games NEVER talk, they have NO personality whatsoever, and their quest is ALWAYS the same. Although the games are good, do you honestly think that characters who do not say a single word or are like soulless shells should win, or even be nominated? I can understand Samus or Link, but come on.

Although C.J. isn't the greatest character either, he does deserve to be nominated for that award more than any Pokemon main character.

What is stupid though, is how the Scarab won "Best Boss Battle". I mean, the thing isn't even really a boss, it's a robot with Covenants and Grunts on it.

Last edited:
    Back