• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Raging Waves - The Water Type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Welcome new members!!
    Which of the Water Pokémon do you think have the most interesting type combination?
    Jellicent

Palkia

Carracosta
    and Bibarel

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    Username/Nickname: Eric The Simipour

Partner Pokémon: Simipour

Reason for joining the club: Have taken a liking towards several Water types and actually the type has grown on me more than Grass and Electricity, which were the types I grew up favoring. Oh I hope that doesn't make me loose cool points here niihehe. ^ ^

Top 3 favourite Water type Pokémon: Simipour, Lapras, Floatzel
    Welcome to the club, I hope you'll enjoy whatever time you're going to spend here in the club and of course I hope you'll stay active. It doesn't really matter how much you like any other type of Pokémon, as long as you at least like Water types a little bit, 'cause if you don't even like Water types, then you'd be losing a lot of cool points in this club n_n

This might just be a random guess, but something tells me that you like Simipour. Is there anything special about it that makes you like it so much, or is it just a feeling that came with the Pokémon?

@Avishka
    The Water/Dark type that Carracosta has is of course something new and different, though I can't say I like it that much. It doesn't seem that interesting to me for some reason, though that's probably because there are a few typings that I don't find that interesting in themselves, where Dark type is one of them.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Jellicent and Palkia have some interesting typings. Ludicolo does as well, but I'm only mentioning him because he annoys me highly.

But anyway, Jellicent is interesting just based on the "omg new ghost pokemon!"-factor. Gives it neat immunities, good resistances, and a great STAB combo.
    Palkia's typing completely erases one wekness, though turning it into neutral damage, and leaving it with only one type disadvantage. I'm not entirely sure why it is Water, though, but I still love it entirely.

Olli

Years
    Yeah, it seems like a lot of people like Jellicent's typing, so in conclusion, that would be the one with the most interesting typing ^^
    Now we'll run along with a rather simple topic, so here goes.

'Which is your favourite Water type starter Pokémon?'

Well, to be fair, my least favourite starters are the Water types. They're usually not as strong or with as good designs as the other starters in my opinion, though they can be a help when you're looking for Water Pokémon. Though out of all the Water starters, Totodile is my favourite. Unlike most of the other Water type starters, it had a rather decent design which I don't see in that many Water type starters (sorry all you Piplup lovers, I just don't like its design ):), though Totodile stands up to most of the other Pokémon in terms of strenght and just being generally likable and I'd say its design is a tad bit above the average. I never got tired of, and still like Totodile's design, mostly due to the variety of colours it has. It's design also made it easy to determine whatever mood Totodile was in, as it was just a design in which emotions could easily be seen and even though it applies to a lot of other Pokémon too, it especially applies to Totodile.
    Despite being my favourite Water starter, I've never really used it in-game. Whenever I was to choose a starter in the second generation, it was usually a decision between Cyndaquill and Totodile, where Cyndaquill often won, thus giving me limited knowledge about how it was in-game, plus it's several years since I last played the games D:

Eric The Simipour

The modest and naive Simipour.
    Years
    @ Olli97
    Thanks for the welcome, and that goes for Avishka too even though I wasn't in 'yet' niihehe. Oh and you know...Thats a really awesome guess you have going there. As for why I like it so much? Well my favorite animal changed very often but eventually I settled on Monkeys. Though I didn't like some of the off looking simians like Mankey, Primeape and Darmanitan, I liked the more better Monkey looking pokemon like Infernape, Ambipom, and the Simi-trio came to be. So seeing how adorable Simipour was and how I always imagined how it may behave, like shy yet cheerful and such, compaired to the others I felt most related to it I guess you could say, so it became my top favorite. Though Infernape and Simisear are a close second.

@ Topic
    Oh! As for that well hm. For me its between Totodile and Oshawott for me. Well...More so Dewott than Oshawott. I guess I could say this because with how Ash's Totodile was, all hyper and whatnot I just found it so silly and created one of my own and never evolved it. Hehe. Story wise, my own is just as hyper, but has a bad teething problem so you can only imagine what troubles that causes. Another reason is cause I liked the crocodile base of the pokemon at the time and found that really unique at the time. Where as for Dewott I really liked how the pokemon related to that of a Samurai or a Warrior in general and could use the shell chops like it does, and Otters are pretty cute to. Heheh.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    About the topic:
    Mine would have to be the Totodile family. The happy-go-lucky attitude of Totodile is adorable, the sassy attitude of Croconaw is wonderful, and Feraligatr is a total bro. Empoleon is another. He's a bro, who does it like a sir. Just the appeal of a tuxedo on a Pokemon, plus its typing, it's just an awesome Pokemon.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
    My favorite Water Starter Family is... uh... I really can't decide :(. I really like all of the first 4 Water Starter families. I used to dislike Feraligatr back in GSC, but I started liking it from HGSS (as it got a physical Waterfall to abuse). The only ones I don't like are the Oshawott family as they just don't have anything that'd make them stand out of the crowd.

Years
    My fave Water-type starter is Oshawott cos they are so cute!

And I love the way they use their shells as weapons.

When I got Black I knew that I would choose Oshawott and I was so pleased I chose him, my advice for B/W - pick Oshawott if you want an easy run.

So I herd u liek Oshawottz?

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    @Avishka
    The Water/Dark type that Carracosta has is of course something new and different, though I can't say I like it that much. It doesn't seem that interesting to me for some reason, though that's probably because there are a few typings that I don't find that interesting in themselves, where Dark type is one of them.

Carracosta is Water/Rock, Olli. :P
    Carvanha and Sharpedo are Water/Dark.

Which is your favourite Water type starter Pokémon?
    The Totodile evolution line! Especially Feraligatr. It's humongous and has large jaws, that makes it so smexy. :D

Olli

Years
    @ Olli97
    Thanks for the welcome, and that goes for Avishka too even though I wasn't in 'yet' niihehe. Oh and you know...Thats a really awesome guess you have going there. As for why I like it so much? Well my favorite animal changed very often but eventually I settled on Monkeys. Though I didn't like some of the off looking simians like Mankey, Primeape and Darmanitan, I liked the more better Monkey looking pokemon like Infernape, Ambipom, and the Simi-trio came to be. So seeing how adorable Simipour was and how I always imagined how it may behave, like shy yet cheerful and such, compaired to the others I felt most related to it I guess you could say, so it became my top favorite. Though Infernape and Simisear are a close second.

@ Topic
    Oh! As for that well hm. For me its between Totodile and Oshawott for me. Well...More so Dewott than Oshawott. I guess I could say this because with how Ash's Totodile was, all hyper and whatnot I just found it so silly and created one of my own and never evolved it. Hehe. Story wise, my own is just as hyper, but has a bad teething problem so you can only imagine what troubles that causes. Another reason is cause I liked the crocodile base of the pokemon at the time and found that really unique at the time. Where as for Dewott I really liked how the pokemon related to that of a Samurai or a Warrior in general and could use the shell chops like it does, and Otters are pretty cute to. Heheh.
    Well you like monkey based Pokémon, alright. Personally, I don't really like a lot of those kind of Pokémon, except for Chimchar's evolutionary line, which I like mainly because of its design. I'm not a fan of the elemental monkeys, though, as I don't like their designs that much, and because I have yet to play B/W to actually find out how good they are.

OT:
    All this love for the Totodile family is simply great, as I thought everyone would say either Oshawott or Piplup, though now I know that I'm not alone n_n

@Halcyon
    Woops, my bad D:

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I have a feeling I may get Water Gunned, or Hydro Pumped, but I had never used a Water Start type before. I'd have to go with the Totodile family as my favorite starters. Feraligatr looks sick!

How about this interesting topic:

What is your favorite Water type move? (To use and the look of the attack when used in battle).
    Mine would have to be by far, Surf. It never misses and it is a very powerful attack. Not to mention it can attack ALL Pokemon in Double/Triple Battles! I just like the Tsunam
    i look of also!

However, I do really love Water Pulse for some reason. The confusion secondary effect is just insane.

Have you ever taught your Starter Pokemon Hydro Cannon or Water Pledge?

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    New topic: 'Which of the Water Pokémon do you think have the most interesting type combination?'

Swampert, since it really helped me beat through the whole game without losing, or it could be my skills.

Also, Empoleon was impressive with having my second favorite typing: steel/water.

'Which is your favourite Water type starter Pokémon?'

Mudkip's evolution= Beast mode.

I have a feeling I may get Water Gunned, or Hydro Pumped, but I had never used a Water Start type before. I'd have to go with the Totodile family as my favorite starters. Feraligatr looks sick!

How about this interesting topic:

What is your favorite Water type move? (To use and the look of the attack when used in battle).
    Mine would have to be by far, Surf. It never misses and it is a very powerful attack. Not to mention it can attack ALL Pokemon in Double/Triple Battles! I just like the Tsunam
    i look of also!

However, I do really love Water Pulse for some reason. The confusion secondary effect is just insane.

Have you ever taught your Starter Pokemon Hydro Cannon or Water Pledge?

I just love Surf, I just adore it. Original, helps me swim around, and it has pretty good accuracy and power.

As for Hydro Cannon and Water Pledge, never. I rarely use water starters, except with Totodile and Mudkip, who were an exception. Haven't thought them that, if I even could. If I was given the chance however, I'd refuse.

Olli

Years
    Alright members, I've been thinking a bit about this club and its activity and I've decided to close the club for the time being. It's still up for grabs if anyone is interested, though I'd recommend making a new one, as this probably won't get anywhere.
    So without further ado, I'm just gonna go ahead and close this.

Closed

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back