• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Card] Raichu holo

Days
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    I have been trying to price this raichu card but I can't find it online. I found one like it but the numbers don't match. Help?20230727_045910.jpg

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • You can't find it because it's a counterfeit.

The fonts are the easiest tell. Also refers to the card as Pikachu instead of Raichu in the flavour text, the Defending Pokemon/opponent's Active Pokemon as the Attacking Pokemon, retreat as retreal, and is missing the "Illus." in front of the artist's name. Should also resist Steel instead of Colorless and use a 3D model in the evolution circle rather than anime stock.

Days
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    You can't find it because it's a counterfeit.

The fonts are the easiest tell. Also refers to the card as Pikachu instead of Raichu in the flavour text, the Defending Pokemon/opponent's Active Pokemon as the Attacking Pokemon, retreat as retreal, and is missing the "Illus." in front of the artist's name. Should also resist Steel instead of Colorless and use a 3D model in the evolution circle rather than anime stock.

Yeah you are the only one coming on here telling people they are counterfeit. Pretty sure you have no clue what you are talking about.

Years
  • Yeah you are the only one coming on here telling people they are counterfeit. Pretty sure you have no clue what you are talking about.

Sorry to break the news, but it's counterfeit as both icycatelf and Lavender have said. Every single font on the card is incorrect, that particular foil pattern has never been used on a card ever, and the energy symbols are super flat looking compared to what they actually should be.

It's actually normal to have a handful of counterfeits in one's collection, as many start collecting as kids and don't know the difference at that age, and most don't have parents or grandparents who are interested in determining if a card is counterfeit or not before buying it to gift to them. And then people get back into the hobby later in life and start off buying counterfeits because they're still learning how to determine what is a counterfeit. Learning how to spot a counterfeit takes experience and even now, 23 years into collecting the cards, there are counterfeits that will fool me at first glance and I need to take a second look.

Back