• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Raichu's lack of love

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
  • ^ sarcasm.

Never thought of it Qantan, since in CB's Raichu is one of the best electric UUs. And Raichu is supposed to be faster because of it's large hind feet, which can grab momentum as it runs. I don't reckon Raichu is fat, it looks like one only when it's slouching or squatting.

And it has rubbish moves.

Huh? Rubbish you say?
    My best UU Raichu:
    Raichu @ Focus Sash
    @ Timid
    EVs: 4HP/252 Sp.A/252 Spd.

Magnet Rise
    Nasty Plot
    Focus Blast
    Thunder/Thunderbolt(alterating).

lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2010
    I like Raichu, but its been neglected yes. Its too frail for OU use, but I think its very capable in the UU/NU tier. I RNG'd and EV'd a shiny Raichu for use in competitive battling, but I haven't used her yet...so I can't really say too much about its actual performance battle-wise. I still think it could use some upgrades tho.

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Damn those pictures of raichu above do show its cute... maybe Ill get one MAYBE

Years
  • Because the pogeymanz anime made it so Ash's pikachu did not want to evolve, so now everyone is all like "OMG nuuu! Dont eVolve poikichu u communist! DDDDD="
    Agreed. I actually played through FireRed with a Pikachu on my team, and still haven't evolved it to this day.

And about Raichu being a "cutey-pie"...
    Spoiler:

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
  • It's kinda like this:

Pikachu on TV: *does not want to evolve*

Pikachu on TV: *beats Surge's Raichu*

Noob: OMG RAICHU IS BAD PIKACHU BEAT HIM! HEY LETS BAN HIM FROM EVERYTHING :3333

*Raichu ban'd from everything*

Ugh, I hate how the anime guys mess up an ok Pokemon and make its reputation worse. >_>

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
  • It's kinda like this:

Pikachu on TV: *does not want to evolve*

Pikachu on TV: *beats Surge's Raichu*

Noob: OMG RAICHU IS BAD PIKACHU BEAT HIM! HEY LETS BAN HIM FROM EVERYTHING :3333

*Raichu ban'd from everything*

Ugh, I hate how the anime guys mess up an ok Pokemon and make its reputation worse. >_>

Wow, I didn't have the courage to say that. Your post pretty much explains it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Personally, Raichu is my favorite in that line. :/ Pichu sucks, Pikachu's stupid and ugly, and Raichu is just pure beast. I remember wanting Ash's Pikachu to evolve really badly when I first saw Surge's Raichu. xD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Pikachu is obvious--it gets attention because it's Pokemon's mascot. Pichu? It's much more easily associated with Pikachu. It looks just like it with a few tweaks and it can be mistaken for Pikachu, too (with no detriment to the brand) so it's a good choice. But Raichu? It's not the same colour, it's big, not as cute (I understand this is personal taste :P), etc. It's just not as memorable for the masses.

In fandom and collecting, though, I find Raichu is more popular than both Pichu and Pikachu so... I dunno. :( It's not THAT neglected.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Raichu was not playable in the SSB games because their depiction of Pokemon came from the anime. Lucario is significant, they all say their names rather than using their in-game cries, etc. Since Raichu is not significant in the Anime, it's not significant in SSB.

Really, I can see why Raichu cannot use the Light Ball. It's offensive capabilities would become godlike. The reason Pikachu was given this option is so one of the creators' favorite Pokemon would be at least usable. Without it, the only thing it has going for it is speed, while the rest of its stats are crap.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I agree that Raichu is neglected, and it's mainly because 1. he barely appears in the anime and manga, 2. Nintendo thinks he is fat and ugly (even though it was they who made Raichu) and 3. Nintendo only cares about his previous evolutions, mainly Pikachu, because he is the mascot of the franchise, I mean seriously, Raichu should count as a mascot too because HE EVOLVES FROM PIKACHU, there is another Pokemon that has lack of love, Floatzel, and Vaporeon seems to be the least popular Eeveelution, but back to Raichu. He is cute, and nintendo does not care about him, only Pikachu, he also has the best stats and moves of all non legendary electric types

Years
  • Here is my guess: Since pichu is the baby and we know everyone loves babies and pikahcu is the star of the show and ash's main pokemon. So Raichu has nowhere to shine

Back