• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Raikou

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    gosh i hate you guys! i ran around forever using my scythers false swipe and my noctowls hypnosis and my wabuffet's shadow tag ability trying to catch them with quick balls and ultra balls and every other kinda ball and they wont friggin stay in the ball! they wake up in a few turns but theyve still only got one hp. grrrr. i hate them. i still havent caught them

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
    Years
    How is that possible without an Action Replay? You can't even get to Ecruteak City until after you beat the 3rd gym leader...

He's right. He's probably at the 4th gym. Or lying DX

I got all three of the dogs, sorta got all the travelers in a legendary catching marathon I went on. Also got Suicune and Latios...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I was randomly look around for the once while my Gameboy was about to die. While I was doing that I encountered them a few time, and brought them down to Red Zone and put them to sleep.

And then the awesome happened.

I encountered Raikou again. Now, seeing as my DS was going to die any second, I didn't care weather I caught it or not. So, being funny, I through a Friend Ball, even saying 'BE MY FRIEND, RAIKOU'. Then turning to my friend, just waiting for Raikou to break out and run away, I spoke to him for a few second. Then I look back at my game, and...

'*Click!* Raikou was Caught!'

I spazzed, and saved because my battery was almost dead. XD;

As for Entei I was randomly throwing balls, and threw a great ball. Again, I said something lulzy ('YOU'RE GREAT ENTEI, SO GET IN THE GREAT BALL SO YOU CAN BE GREAT') and spoke to my sister. Next thing I knew I caught Entei. |D

Neuca

Fill me up with berries...
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2010
    That is genius!!! I have just been trying to slowly cut back their HP and then hopefully try to catch them when there Hp is low yellow or red. I will try to fast ball thing.

Anyone else have this problem? I was able to track both Entei and Raikou on my map, but then all of a sudden they don't show up anymore. I haven't fainted or caught either of them. They just disappeared...

Yeah, that happens to me too. But, don't worry! I think they either just vanish into the Kanto reigon or something but, they turn up later on if you go between different towns.

Black Dunsparce

Black is better!
    Years
    [X] -
    [/] - (Arena Trap is an Ab. not a move)
    [ ] - They can still run if they are asleep

Once you got them down to Red and Plzd Use your highest Lv. Pokemon and then Chuck Ultra Balls at them

Yes I realize that now, thanks.

I've got them both down to 1HP using False Swipe I taught to my farfetch'd (you can buy the TM at the Goldenrod Department Store for 2,000 on the 5th floor). I also put Wobbufett out first in my party so the dogs can't run away unless they faint it. It's a pain, because I think I can just switch out the Pokemon so it can't faint and the Ability Shadow Tag will still be in effect... but it isn't once I switch it out.
    Plus, what do you do when you catch Pokemon concerning the ball itself? Do you press the A Button when you throw the ball and throughout the time it wiggles, or do you just chuck it and let it go its own course? I tried both, and I often times find that when throwing the ball and pressing the A Button throughout the capturing, you must keep a steady rhythm of taps and tap the A Button as a high speed, and this is very difficult.
    I used to use the method of tapping the A Button every time the ball wiggles, but that doesn't work for me anymore.
    Any suggestions?

Also, I heard that Entei/Rakou uses the move: Roar, it will flee and when you check the map you can't see it, plus, the Pokemon will never appear again? Is this true? Is there any possible way to keep Entei/Rakou from using Roar besides the move Disable?

Last edited:
    Years
    No, Disable only works AFTER the move has already been used once. The only way to avoid Roar is to use the move "Ingrain" or have a pokemon with the "Suction Cups." However, there are only 3 pokemon with the Suction Cups ability, and none of them can learn Mean Look. The only way to do this would be to Mean Look, Baton Pass, and then switch in a Pokemon with this ability. Which is really more trouble than it's worth.

Anyway, I looked up some info today on the Level Ball, and it has a 4x capture rate against the Legendary Beasts if the TRU Arceus is the first in your party. Today, I used Super Fang 5 times to get Suicune down (Pachirisu), Sang it to sleep with my Jynx, switched in Arceus, and caught it on my second throw with a level ball.

Zheeph

2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
    Years
    Entei appeared!

So guys, this morning when i woke up i turned my DS on and got on my way to Olivine, surprised i was when, on Route 38, Entei appeared before me (I owned Morty last night), i couldn't defeat or catch the guy so i ran away. 5 minutes ago i return to the same spot and our friend, Entei appears again. Has this happened to anyone? Just to check if this isn't some kind of bug or just mere coincidence.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    So guys, this morning when i woke up i turned my DS on and got on my way to Olivine, surprised i was when, on Route 38, Entei appeared before me (I owned Morty last night), i couldn't defeat or catch the guy so i ran away. 5 minutes ago i return to the same spot and our friend, Entei appears again. Has this happened to anyone? Just to check if this isn't some kind of bug or just mere coincidence.
    I'm sure it has happened to quite a few many people to run into either Raikou or Entei in the same spot. For me especially, I ran into Entei three days in a row, twice right outside of Lake of Rage.
    I did end up catching Raikou on my first encounter with it. I threw a Quick Ball at it and luckily it worked. Still have yet to find such success in Entei though. So, it's probably just mere coincidence for you, definitely not a bug though.

Merged your thread by the way with this one here. It fit best with the discussion about catching either Raikou or Entei.

ILoveDragonite

~~Do the wave~~
    Years
    ...maybe you didn't read the first post in this thread, your fine it's not a bug.

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I acidentally ran into Entei without meaning to.
    I tried my luck and threw a Ultra Ball (all I had on me.)
    No such luck, I intend to hunt down the Legendary roaming Pokemon after E4/Kanto Gyms. :3

Back