• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Raise the flag of Garbodor!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    What Pokemon, in your opinion, symbolizes your country or, to a lesser extent, your state?

Garbodor would really be the best Pokemon to symbolize our country. I mean, garbage everywhere. Garbage here, garbage there, garbage on the sea, even garbage in the streets! There's even a city full of garbage, like, literally everyone there lives next to a hill of garbage. ;~;

MissingNo. could also work, if we're basing on government. *sigh*

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Kind of obvious but to me USA is like Braviary, because eagle and red white and blue lol.

Or maybe Spearow by the logic that we're strong Pokemon relative to the other options but people don't like us anyway cause we're not pretty and aggressive. D;

My state would be Purugly - assuming that it's amazing and pretty when it's not and rude. Ohhh New Jersey. :x

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I really wouldn't know to be honest. Australia doesn't really have much which makes it stand out except Julia Gillard, or maybe the fact we celebrate the queen? I could go Vespiquen in that retrospect that we celebrate two famous women with power in the world. For my particular state, there's a bird on it, which reminds me of Staravia, but yet again, not much came out of my state either, unless you count an amazing winery or two giant balls stacked on top of each other in the city, so I'll stick with Staravia.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Australia is pretty much famous for its animals and beaches. So Kangaskhan, Or Sharpedo. Were also sort of know for our deserts. But I have no idea what pokemon that would be.

Years
  • So many Aussies here...

Well, as Alternative said, we have a female Prime Minister (albeit a very controversial one) and if I were to think of more feminine-based Pokemon, I'd obviously say humanoid Psychics like Gardevoir or Gothitelle.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'd agree with Zeffy, since the both of us live in the same country I'd also like to put in Muk and Weezing because of how they symbolize pollution. Tropius is also suiting because we're in a tropical area.

Simmy93

Aspiring Emulator
    Years
  • The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland would be beautifully represented by Moltres, not entirely sure why but the flaming passion of such a great bird makes me think of me ol' country.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Seriously? Moltres to symbolize the UK? Oh well... to each their own.

For me, whenever I think of British national animals, I always go straight to the Lion. It's not a native of the UK or anything (God, if it was, that's be hilarious/horrifying), but it's featured on football strips, national monuments, royal seals and passports, so it obviously has a place in British culture for some reason. The closest Pokemon critter I can think of, off the top of my head, that resembles a lion is Entei. Huh...

Years
  • I think that Pokemon has yet to be invented. Ninjask probably is the closest color wise, but apart from that? No. Maybe something like Grumpig since we traditionally love pigs. For lunch or dinner. Pigs are only a relatively minor aspect though, all of the major ones Pokemon fails to represent.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Perfect match for Greece:

Spoiler:

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Uh... Actually I don't really have any ideas. Maybe Blaziken to represent France, because one of our symbol is the rooster. And Blaziken rather than Combusken (even if it more looks like a rooster) because it's more class :pink_wink:

Years
  • As my fellow Americans have said, Braviary is without a doubt the Pokemon that would represent America, considering it's modeled after our national bird and the design is ever-present with American influence.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I'm from the same country as PlatinumDude and Zeffy, so those Pokemons are probably what I would pick too, in addition with Staryu, since our flag has stars in it. ^^

Years
  • Yeah, I was actually thinking Braviary as soon as I saw this thread.
    For my state, I would say Ursaring, because the state animal is a Grizzly bear. California can also get kinda nasty like a Ursaring too.
    I had these same thoughts.

I think Wailord would be another good symbol for California. It's a big state we live in, with lots of coastline, and whales go hand in hand with environmentalism, which is also big here.

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
  • The lion, like in a lot of other european countries, is one of the national symbols of The Netherlands, so Entei would probably fit. I don't really know any other pokemon that fit. The Netherlands are known for their tulips but there's no tulip pokemon. Roserade comes close but it's a rose, not a tulip..

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Awesome thread Zeffs.

For Australia along with what everyone else said, we could also be Sandshrew/Sandslash since w're APPARENTLY just a desert to everyone else.

For my state, probably Sharpedo 'cause of the beaches, Shark Bay and the recent shark sightings, lool.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    The lion, like in a lot of other european countries, is one of the national symbols of The Netherlands, so Entei would probably fit. I don't really know any other pokemon that fit. The Netherlands are known for their tulips but there's no tulip pokemon. Roserade comes close but it's a rose, not a tulip..

Durrr are you Dutch or what, my dear friend? POLITOAD OF COURSE. It's raining eternally here and we even call our country "kikkerlandje", which literally means little frog land.

Back