• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RAM!

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • 6GiB on this computer-that-doesn't-belong-to-me. My (now) broken laptop had 4GiB, I probably should have salvaged the RAM before bashing it in. I got the hard drive out and it works.

I've used PCs with as low as 16MiB of RAM before, personally. Did office work on it, was actually useful. lol.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
  • I have 4 gigs on my gaming PC that I'm using right now. It's enough, although since I'm gonna be opening it up to install a new cooler at some point soon, I might as well pick up a couple more gigs of RAM because what I have is slowly becoming not enough.

Years
  • 8 gigs on my desktop, 2 gigs on my tablet.

I wouldn't mind more for my desktop someday, although that's also because I wouldn't mind getting better anything for that. What I have at the moment seems to be more than fine for me, though.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    8GB on my laptop.
    My phone has a little bit less than a gigabyte of RAM.
    My tablet has about a gigabyte and a half of RAM.

TY

My new PC has 16 gigs of RAM, whereas my laptop has 8 gigs, dunno about my phone though since I barely care for it xP

Years
  • My laptop has 8GB, my phone 512MB, my Nexus 7 (2013) 2GB (I think?), and my Venue 8 Pro tablet has 1zGB.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • 4 GB on my laptop, which is enough for me if I want the mobility.

My desktop that I left behind in Cali has 6 GB, and I miss it so much. Such an awesome desktop.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    The laptop I'm typing on has 8 GB of system memory. It's 2 sticks of DDR3-1600 SODIMMs.

The phone I use has 2 GB. Same goes for my tablet.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • My current PC has 8GB. But when I get compensation from the company that broke it, I'll upgrade that along with the cpu cooler and cpu itself. I want about 16GB in here.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2019
    My iMac has 32GB of RAM for the usual software development and video editing. I also have a laptop that gets used a lot when I'm outside with much lower RAM—the MBA has 8GB—but nevertheless it usually gets the job done for majority of my everyday tasks that doesn't involve work. Some of the software I use usually demands more than 8GB of memory.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    2GB of ram on my laptop, pretty much stable and unstable sometimes

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Size isn't everything with RAM, especially nowadays. The Xeon build I have planned (in my signature) will have 16GiB of RAM, but it'll be DDR4 modules instead of the current-standard DDR3. I'll also be able to upgrade up to 128GiB (!) with my motherboard, hah. I hate to sound like Bill Gates back in the day, but I doubt I'll ever need that much RAM. :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    My computer has about 8GB, my laptop (which actually performs similarly to my computer) has about 6GB, my backup lenovo laptop has 4GB and my phone and windows tablet both have 1GB each.

Back