• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RAMEN!!!

Years
  • I love the instant stuff but I'm not really a big fan of actual ramen. Which is a shame, because it's meant to be the best food to eat while you're drunk.

The noodles just aren't to my liking and the servings are just too big for one person to eat, in my personal opinion. I do want to go to Ichiran one day though and make my own ramen. Perhaps then I will come to like it.

I'm much more of a Gyuudon (Meat bowl) kinda person. (It tends to be even cheaper than Ramen and much more versatile.) Japanese curry is where it's at though, in terms of decent comfort food.

Years
  • Ramen is quite delicious; I'm not a big fan of it, but only because I don't eat it often due to having no access to it. Well, at least I ate it on several occasions.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    hi i am here to commit treason

can someone please explain to me what ramen actually is and why everybody hypes it? is it just because it's japanese or

I don't think it has to do with the fact that it's Japanese at all. I've been eating it since before I could even comprehend what "Japanese" meant. And then sometime after that before I even knew that it was Japanese. People like it, I'd say, because you can basically do anything you want to/with it and still come out with something delicious. You can get a lot of it for cheap and it still tastes decently good enough to justify eating or you can go for something more expensive(say fresh/real over instant) and it is VERY VERY GOOD and still generally not too expensive. When it comes to the instant type it's very easy to make because all you have to do is boil water so if you're hungry NOW/can't cook/don't have time to cook, it works well for that, and you can always easily spice it up with adding eggs, cheese, other seasonings etc.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • I just finished having some ramen not too long ago, funnily enough. I'm more in the boat with those who just eat ramen as a means of having a simple, instant meal, but I really like the spicy kimchi flavored varieties in particular. Just the quick add-water-and-put-in-the-microwave types are good enough for me, haha.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    Any of you guys try to eat Ramen without any water before? It was pretty disappointing, I'd rather not talk about it.

Morning Sun Espeon

Time to shine ★
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    I don't mind Ramen...If it's in a pinch. I eat the beef flavors or the spicy lime shrimp. I also add veggies, mushrooms, and maybe any leftover meat that no one is using. It makes for a good cheap and lazy food

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i've always wanted to try the ramen shop ramen but sadly i'm limited to the packet ramen. oriental is hands down the best flavor, fight me if you think otherwise. i really wanted to try it once i saw ramen, it's actually a movie on netflix 3/7 would recommend.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • The pot-noodle stuff is horrible. The real stuff (mmm.. tonkotsu ramen...) Is glorious~

RAMEN!!!

Personally, though, I prefer a good seafood udon over ramen.
    RAMEN!!!

Heaven~

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Unfortunately my ramen experience has been limited to the 20¢ packets of Maruchan in most grocery stores. However, I tend to get really creative with them and add my own things like soft-boiled eggs, green onions, black pepper, and some other veggies I have lying around usually end up in the pot. On its own it's just whatever, but when you add a lot of stuff to it then it can actually get pretty tasty (but still salty).

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • Ramen is so incredibly bad for you, it is ridiculous. They use wax to coat the stuff, and the crap usually has like 50% to 75% of your daily sodium in only ONE serving. Yuck.

I used to eat all the time in college, but now I know better.

Years
  • I love making microwave ramen with leftover meat like steak. Its one of my fav lunchs but I limit myself to 1 pack a week cause its not too healthy. I also enjoy leftover grilled or smoked fish with it. My favourite flavours are hot n sour prawn, curry and lobster. I don't like the cheese ones and vegtable is also not a favorite.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Ramen is love. Ramen is life. I occasionally buy some for myself, but my mom keeps throwing them away. >:O because they are bad for your health. but can't help that they are sooo gooood.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Ramen is love. Ramen is life.

This. I love me some ramen, though I've recently went on to buying the prepackaged yakisoba noodles too, which are also good and flavorful. But given enough seasoning/ingredients, even the humble instant broth and noodles is quite a fetching meal, and satisfies all hunger rather effectively; especially if you pair it with a sandwich. :p

Years
  • I've never had what's considered authentic Ramen, but what I have had is amazing, get Maruchan Chili Flavored Ramen, squeeze in a big slice of lime, and put a bunch of cayenne pepper in it while you're cooking it. It's delicious (if you enjoy really spicy food)

Back