• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rampardos vs. Bastiodon

Which one is Don??

• Rampardos

Votes: 113 75.3%
  • Bastiodon

Votes: 37 24.7%

• Total voters

lionrt60

Animal Crossing 3ds ♥
Years
  • I use & love both xD defensive metal burst bastiodon=win and trick room ramparados=win

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • I dont see how people can like Rampardos PURELY because of power.. It's like discrimination.

Bastiodon may have poor typing, but it can atleast stay in the battle for more than 1 turn.
    Atleast it can turn its poor attack into something decent, such as metal burst...
    I dont see rampardos using moves like Iron defense or light screen to its advantage..

Ezashin Koori

Cold Steel Wing Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    I dont see how people can like Rampardos PURELY because of power.. It's like discrimination.

Bastiodon may have poor typing, but it can atleast stay in the battle for more than 1 turn.
    Atleast it can turn its poor attack into something decent, such as metal burst...
    I dont see rampardos using moves like Iron defense or light screen to its advantage..
    Yeah I know what you mean. I like neither, but for arguement's sake I'll side with you. Rampardos has a lot more weaknesses and its ability is really only used against Shedinja. Heck, it's only effective against Shedinja. Bastidon's abil is better than Rampardos in more situations.

However, I like Rampardos more because it looks better. (Had I another choice I'd choose Skarmory or Glaceon)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I prefer Rampardos in both design-wise and battle-wise. Bastidon's 4x weakness to Ground and Fighting kills it for me. Besides, it's like Probopass so it doesn't really make it that unique.

Stigymoloch >>>> Zuniceratops imo. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    Rampardos, as it looks cooler, not to mention it can nail Weezing and Rotom with a SE Earthquake (thank you Mold Breaker) :)

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Every pokemon is equally usefull, just all in different ways. Some are designed to take out foes quickly and swiftly with OHKOs. Others raise their defenses to the point that it would take several hits to ko them, others can do both, but each to a slightly lesser extent. The only useless one is magikarp, but look at what he evolves into. this argument is pretty pointless, cuz the answer is:
    Rampardos if you like sweepers
    Bastiodon if you like walls (or it may be more of a tank?)

GreenLanturn

Interior Crocodile Fraligatr
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    I do agree with weavil05 above me, both can be very usefull, although i prefer bastidion, i guess thats mostly because of looks.

Years
  • rampardos and bastiodon are two sides of the same coin, the sword (rampardos) and the shield (bastiodon)

i think most people are picking rampardos because:

1. it does look cooler than bastiodon

2. it takes less effort/skill to use effectively. Simply switch in and obliterate everything with mold breaker/EQ and a 150 Base power stab. bastiodon requires some strategy with metal burst/taunt and a focus sash

remember bastiodon's defense is higher than rampardos attack, at 478. give bastiodon a focus sash, and use metal burst to reflect back ANY attack with twice the power, so use metal burst to reflect back rampardos' attack, since it lives with a focus sash, and super effective metal burst kills rampardos. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2011
    I think that Rampardos has the better attack, but in my opinion both are incredibly ugly. I think that their lessers, Cranidos and Shieldon are cute. I'd rather just keep them from evolving forever! :)

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
    Years
  • For all of you who prefer Ramrados......
    Ramprados misses the opponent....now there is an epic fail. lol people like it for it OHKO'ness but if it misses there goes all that "desgin" right out of the window and into the hospital. At least Bastidon has good defense AND decent SP. Def. Granted I feel like it it a knockoff of Aggron but w/e.

Edit: I may have failed to mention that I own a Ramprados and most of the stuff Im saying has never been a problem for it lol. And Bastidon is ugly so.....

Last edited:

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I think that Rampardos has the better attack, but in my opinion both are incredibly ugly. I think that their lessers, Cranidos and Shieldon are cute. I'd rather just keep them from evolving forever! :)

^This XD. But if I had to choose, Rampardos, because I got one before Bastiodon, and it brings back memories. I'm a typical Pokemon fan that prefers nostalgia over quality.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I Could care less on stats i go for pokemon on how they look and train then from that.Rampardos would win on style.

Back