• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rampardos vs. Bastiodon

Which one is Don??

• Rampardos

Votes: 113 75.3%
  • Bastiodon

Votes: 37 24.7%

• Total voters

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    I'd go with Rampardos, not only because it looks cooler in my opinion, but also Bastiodon has a 4x weakness against Fighting and Ground.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    Rampardos, all the way. i mean he is a t-rez. a destroyer, a legend, a true pokemon ;)

Actually Rampardos is modeled after the "bone-head" dinosaur known as pachycephalosaurus; although, a T-Rex pokemon would be awesome.. We'll see which black&white fossil pokes they've chosen soon enough..

As for the debate, I'm going to have to go with Rampardos in spite of his miniscule defenses.. He looks especially cool shiny and is beyond lethal. Also, I can't stand Bastiodon's 4x weakness to fighting AND ground.. Two very common powerful types

Kanye West

but you can call me great
    Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Dec 26, 2015
    Rampardos outclasses Bastiodon competitively like I, Kanye West, outclass everyone.

tpmrpg

Beginning Hacker, Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2013
    Rampardos give it iron and calcium and some carbos you may have a pokemon equal to arceus

Ryuo

Ryuo <3 pichu
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 26, 2010
    Rampardos mainly cause its strong and doesnt look bad i want one in my team but sadly its like a lopuny.. you want it but dont want to train it

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
    Years
    * Now that I think about it, this is one of those time swhere we cant decide who is better by pitting them against each other beacuse Ramprados would inevitably win. Its like the starters u cant pit them against each other beacuse they cancel each other out. I would say Bastidon performs most reliably again.
    * U can EV train it so tht it has at least a useable Attack/Sp. Attack stat. Doing the same with Ramprados would be almost pointless as it has equally low everyhting.Even with as many EV's as possile to lets say defense, it will still fall beacuse of its garbage Sp. Def or low HP. But to maxamise a Ramprados u need to tune its speed stat to make it a proper sweeper.
    * You most likely dont need an attak stat as high as Ramprados's beacuse we have all seen pokemon like Alakazam or even Scizor sweep whole teams. But they also have other respectable stats u have to watch out for. While Alakazam is known for is Sp. Attk it has high Speed and Sp. Def. On the other side of the coin Scizor has a not as high but still VERY high Attack stat, but has respectable enough Defense and Speed(even with the metal if u notice it is still a pretty fast pokemon). Ramprados has no other stats to fall on like other sweepers. In its futile attempt to become all powerful it more or less makes the other pokemon just as powerful beacuse of its lack of , well everyhting. You pit Ramrados against a faster pokemon or just something that isnt going to be OHKO'ed and h is instantly outclassed.
    * Bastidon has more than one good stat making it more sensible to use. It also has Metal Burst to counter those heavy hitting attacks. But you may argue that it has 4x weakness to 2 types, which is rare. But if you look closer, it doesnt really make it any worse than any other pokemon of its type or dual type. Fighting type moves are generally high powered enough BEFORE the users insane Attack stat(Brellom comes to mind) and it would be instantly KO'ed anyway even without the 4x. The Biggest drawback is the 4x to Ground(or lets be honest 4x to Earthquake). Every team carries AT LESAT one pokemon with Earthquake, alot of times a good STAB Earthquake too. A lot of pokemon can be OHKO'ed without weakness to a STAB Easrthquake. So Bastidon may not be as much of a wall as once thought having 4x to one of the most commonly used moves in pokemon history.​
    Wow seriously long rant where was I even going with this can someone please tell me?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    Also, there's magnet rise for bastiodon if you can set it up before getting KOed, and then avalanche the next turn if it's a ground type with STAB earthquake... Just a thought.

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    look-wise= Rampardos
    Performance= Bastiodon

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Also, there's magnet rise for bastiodon if you can set it up before getting KOed, and then avalanche the next turn if it's a ground type with STAB earthquake... Just a thought.
    I don't think Bastiodon would be setting up a Magnet Rise first with a base speed of 30.

And that crippling 4x weakness to not only ground, but fighting as well. I don't think that's going to help its chances.

Back