• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rampardos vs. Bastiodon

Which one is Don??

• Rampardos

Votes: 113 75.3%
  • Bastiodon

Votes: 37 24.7%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Bastiodon's cute. Look at his face! look at it! *sigh* so cute.

I've never owned a Rampardos. When you get Cranidos, it has a rubbish movepool to use on levelling it up.

However, Mold Breaker is useful. 8-)

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • Also, there's magnet rise for bastiodon...

XD Just imagining a floating Bastiodon.

Many people have moaned about Bastiodons 4x weakness to both Ground and Fighting. Let's have a look at the upside shall we?

A 4x resistance to Normal-Type, which is arguably one of the most common offensive types, since near all Pokemon learn at least one Normal-Type attack.

Bastiodon has the highest Defense/Sp.Defense of all fossil Pokemon. And it's fairly high up compared to all Pokemon.

Usage of IronDefense, one of the most effective Stat-Raising moves.

MagnetRise can make it immune to Ground-Type moves if needed.

It has marginably more effective typing, as Rampardos has 5 weaknesses, 4 resistances and 0 immunities, while Bastiodon has 3 weaknesses, 9 resistances and 1 immunity, which is marginably more effective.

There are more, I just can't be bothered to find them XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2010
    If I should make a choice, I'd say my favourite is Rampardos. Bastiodon has amzing defenses, indeed, but it's poor typing makes it totally useless. =(

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I think I like Rampardos more. The only thing I don't like about it is the pitful defenses. -_-

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • I always thought Rampardos had a better design so I got my friend to trade me one from her Diamond version. I also find it easier to use in online battles than Bastiodon.

Jung

Sica please.
    Years
  • Bastiodon. It's looks,wall. nuff said. Rampardos lacks defense. :o Defense is the best offense? o3o.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Rampardos by a long shot. Its really high attack lets it tear almost everything to shreds (but that Speed may hold it back).

Ayselipera

When it comes to design I really like Bastiodon. Unfortunately Bastiodon is all about defense which is something I tend to look over when I play Pokemon. I'm much more about high attack. So in that case I like Ramparados better for actual battling.

Years
  • I never used any of them, but I'll just say Bastiodon. Just because I think its design looks cool, which is something rare in that generation.
    Also, Rampardos' high attack isn't going to help it, slow and frail as it is.

Back