• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ranch is full?

Lightey

The Night Owl
Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    I just got the game today, and I deposited 15 Pokemon, and it told me the ranch is full..

I thought it held 1000..?

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    upgrades like every day after you meet a quota.. you just can;t fill it with tons of pokmon on the first day.

Lightey

The Night Owl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    upgrades like every day after you meet a quota.. you just can;t fill it with tons of pokmon on the first day.

Aw darn.

If I set the Wii clock forward, would it affect the game?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Aw darn.

If I set the Wii clock forward, would it affect the game?

Changing the clock will work, yes, although you will need to be careful about changing it back.

Maybe a stupid question, but what is the purpose of this Wii Ranch thing? I'm unsure as to what it is...

It serves as a large storage space for the DS games, being able to hold up to 1000 Pokemon maximum in its current state and 1500 once the pending update for Platinum is released. Certain trades can also be made with the Ranch's main handler, Hayley, in order to obtain special Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    'Special' pokemon? Like legendaries or like Pokemon only exclusive in Ranch?

"Event" Pokemon, as in ones with Hayley's ID and usually holding a special move or item. Most of them are normal Pokemon that can be found otherwise, although Phione and Mew are also included.

Years
  • To be specific, the Mew and Phione be in a Cherish ball, their locations will be "apparently had a fateful encounter a Lovely Place", the OT will be Hayley, their ID will be 01001, and the Mew will have the following moveset:
    Mew lv. 50 @ none
    Random Nature
    Synchronize
    ~Synthesis
    ~Return
    ~Teleport
    ~Hypnosis
    This is a special Mew since no other Mew can have Synthesis, Teleport, or Hypnosis normally. The Phione has no special moves other than Grass Knot. To get the Phione, deposit 250 Pokemon and trade for a Leafeon. To get the Mew, deposit 999 Pokemon and trade for an egg.

The other Pokemon she may trade you are include Pikachu, Eevee, Shellos (East Sea), Croagunk, Finneon, Wynaut, Pachirisu, Aerodactyl, Lickitung, Wailmer, Combee (female), Staravia, Yanma, Snowver, Shroomish, Ponyta, Buneary, Miltank, Tangela, and Vulpix. Each will have a OT of Hayley, and an ID of 01001. Most of them will also have some kind of move taught to them that they wouldn't normally know being caught from the wild (TMs or egg moves) and will all be holding the Super Effective Reduction Berries except for Lickitung and Miltank who will be holding TM44 Rest and MooMoo Milk respectively.

PokéMartin

The Lonesome Drifter
    Years
  • To be specific, the Mew and Phione be in a Cherish ball, their locations will be "apparently had a fateful encounter a Lovely Place", the OT will be Hayley, their ID will be 01001, and the Mew will have the following moveset:
    Mew lv. 50 @ none
    Random Nature
    Synchronize
    ~Synthesis
    ~Return
    ~Teleport
    ~Hypnosis
    This is a special Mew since no other Mew can have Synthesis, Teleport, or Hypnosis normally. The Phione has no special moves other than Grass Knot. To get the Phione, deposit 250 Pokemon and trade for a Leafeon. To get the Mew, deposit 999 Pokemon and trade for an egg.

The other Pokemon she may trade you are include Pikachu, Eevee, Shellos (East Sea), Croagunk, Finneon, Wynaut, Pachirisu, Aerodactyl, Lickitung, Wailmer, Combee (female), Staravia, Yanma, Snowver, Shroomish, Ponyta, Buneary, Miltank, Tangela, and Vulpix. Each will have a OT of Hayley, and an ID of 01001. Most of them will also have some kind of move taught to them that they wouldn't normally know being caught from the wild (TMs or egg moves) and will all be holding the Super Effective Reduction Berries except for Lickitung and Miltank who will be holding TM44 Rest and MooMoo Milk respectively.

You've sold it to me! I have to get it now!!! haha

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Just make sure to read the warnings on the game. Your Pokemon can only go back to the same cartridge and the same save file. If you delete your save to re-start the game, then your Pokemon are stuck on Ranch forever. You also can't trade between games on Ranch (which sucks).

It's essentially a $10 screen saver. But if you want an easy way to get Mew and/or love breeding and need the storage, it's worth it.

Back