• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Random Egg Challange

Gliese

I Drink Nozz-A-La
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2013
    This challenge requires that you have at least one other game finished, and that you have a fairly large variety of Pokemon. The game you wish to do your challenge on should be able to trade with the completed game, and be able to receive eggs near the start. So, you can't do this on the first generation game. Also, to my knowledge, you can't trade eggs to Fire Red or Leaf Green before the National Dex, so that may be off-limits as well.

Your first goal is to start up your completed game, and, if you haven't already,breed all of the Pokemon you have that are fully evolved, or don't evolve any further. Don't breed the same evolutionary line more than once, unless it's from something that has a split evolution, like Eevee. After you receive each egg put it in a box, but try not to memorize which one it is. Organize the eggs how you like, but it would be best to keep them in the same box, or adjacent boxes if you have too many of them.

After you have taken care of your breeding in your completed game, pick up the game you wish to do your challenge on, and start a new game. Grab your starter, and go through the story as much as you have to before you can trade. At that point, go and catch up to six other Pokemon, depending on how many eggs you want to trade over.

Once those things are taken care of, trade your newly caught Pokemon for random eggs from your completed game. Once you have finished trading, you can choose to hatch all of the eggs at once, or one at a time, it's up to you.

You will most likely still have one other Pokemon, either one you caught or your starter, so as soon as an egg hatches, release any extra Pokemon you have from earlier.

For those who can't trade with themselves, mainly because you don't have two game systems or two games, have a friend send you random eggs instead.

Rules

1. Only use the Pokemon you hatched from eggs in battles.
    2. Try to make the eggs as random as possible (i.e. 'Do not memorize which Pokemon produced what egg' )
    3. Your completed game should have at least 30 Pokemon that are either fully evolved, or don't evolved.
    4. Legendaries and Pokemon that don't breed should not count as one of the 30.
    5. You can only trade for evolution Pokemon like Haunter and Kadabra.
    6. If the game you wish to do your challenge does not allow for eggs to be traded in early, feel free to choose another game. If you change games, reply to this topic announcing the change.
    7. If you don't want to choose a different game you can hack in eggs, so long as you can make what hatches from them random.
    8. If your Pokemon evolve, reply to this topic telling me which ones and update your sign-up info.
    9. You may get extra Pokemon as HM slaves, only if you need the HM to complete the game and one of your Pokemon can't learn it.
    10. Because Fly isn't necessary for completing the game, you may not catch an extra Pokemon to use it.
    11. When you get to a gym battle, or the Elite Four, you must put all extra HM slaves into the box.

Sign-Up
    Name: (Forum Name)

Completed Game:
    Fully Evolved Pokemon:

Challenge Game:

Number of Eggs: (Number of eggs you plan to use)
    Pokemon: (Put a '???' for now. After each egg hatches edit the post.)

Here's my Sign-Up
    Name: Gliese

Completed Game: Sapphire
    Fully Evolved Pokemon: 36

Challenge Game: Ruby

Number of Eggs: 6

Pokemon: ???

Participants:

Gliese - Emerald - Houndour Lv11, Omanyte Lv5, Geodude Lv5, Kabuto Lv7, Cyndaquil Lv5, Castform Lv5

Lezza - Diamond - Magby, Smeargle, Skarmory, Nosepass, Tyrouge

bctincher15 - Black - Clefable lv46, Magmortar lv45, Breloom Lv46, Snorunt Lv46, Acelgor Lv46, Knoctowl Lv47

Nineray
    - Sapphire - Unhatched

Champions:
    N/A

Failed Attempts:
    N/A

Last edited:

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
    Years
    Im going to sign up for this on Diamond:

Name: Lezza

Completed Game: Platinum
    Fully Evolved Pokemon: Too many to count, atleast 100

Challenge Game: Diamond

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Sign-Up
    Name: bctincher15

Completed Game: White
    Fully Evolved Pokemon: 318(I know, a lot)

Challenge Game: Black

Number of Eggs: 6, can I do a rotation thing, if so, 12.

I have eggs lying everywhere in my boxes, I need some use for them. I have 5 boxes full. Most will have egg moves if that's okay.

Gliese

I Drink Nozz-A-La
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2013
    Sign-Up

6, can I do a rotation thing, if so, 12.

I have eggs lying everywhere in my boxes, I need some use for them. I have 5 boxes full. Most will have egg moves if that's okay.

Sorry, but the limit is six for this challenge. It may seem unfair, but I do have to put a limit somewhere, and six is that limit.

And, yes, egg moves are okay, so long as you pick the eggs randomly.

Also, for everyone, I have made a few updates in the rules. I've discovered some things about the games I needed to update for.

I'm also changing my game to Ruby, since I can't seem to trade eggs to Emerald early.

Nineray

Green Okido
    Years
    Name: Nineray

Completed Game: Firered

Fully Evolved Pokemon: 15

Challenge Game: Sapphire

Last edited:

bctincher15

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Sorry, but the limit is six for this challenge. It may seem unfair, but I do have to put a limit somewhere, and six is that limit.

Okay, that's fine, I'll update later:):)

EDIT: My eggs were:
    Shroomish W/Poison Heal
    Absorb, Natural Gift(EGG), Drain Punch(EGG), Seed Bomb(EGG)

Magby W/Flame Body
    Leer, Thunderpunch(EGG), Mach Punch(EGG), Mega Punch(EGG)

Snorunt W/Ice Body
    Powder Snow, Leer, Hex(EGG), Weather Ball(EGG)

Cleffa W/Cute Charm
    Pound, Charm, Metronome(EGG), Wish(EGG)

Shelmet W/Shell Armor
    Leech Life, Feint(EGG), Pursuit(EGG)

Hoothoot W/Keen Eye
    Tackle, Growl, Night Shade(EGG), Faint Attack(EGG)

Last edited:

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
    Years
    5 of my eggs has hatched, i can only hatch a maximum of 5 at a time,

Magby
    Smeargle
    Skarmory
    Nosepass
    Tyrouge

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2016
    I have done a similar challenge with friends before~ This is real neat~
    ;A; I would do this if I had a full pokedex on one game. Sadly my Platinum went missing so my near-complete pokedex is gone :'< I feel like trying this version sometime~

bctincher15

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    We're supposed to update, right? BTW, you forgot my Cleffa in the main post.

Well I started and played for while and saved after beating Brycen.

Cleffa is now a Clefable.
    Lv.46
    Metronome, Wish, Rock Smash, Strength

Magby is now a Magmortar.
    Lv.45
    Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Hyper Beam, Lava Plume

Shroomish is now a Breloom.
    Lv.46
    Mind Reader, Dynamicpunch, Seed Bomb, Force Palm

Snorunt♀(going to evolve when I get a Dawn Stone on Route 10)
    Lv.46
    Hail, Crunch, Frost Breath, Weather Ball

Shelmet is now an Accelgor
    Lv.46
    Bug Buzz, Giga Drain, U-Turn, Pursuit

Hoothoot is now a Noctowl
    Lv.47
    Fly, Zen Headbutt, Air Slash, Take Down

freerider

your next challenger
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2013
    Is there any way I could get someone to trade me 6 random eggs on my platinum in a few days? I have no way of getting random eggs for myself. I only know how to trade them in Black/White (call me a noob but I have been playing since gen 1, just haven't bred anything since gen 2 haha). I'd love to do the challenge, I just have no clue how to get myself eggs.

Gliese

I Drink Nozz-A-La
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2013
    I updated the rules regarding HM slaves, so read over them real quick. I also updated everyone's information.

@Freerider - All you need to do is leave two Pokemon that are both opposite genders and in the same egg group, or a Pokemon and Ditto, with the Daycare couple and you'll get an egg.https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=321928

freerider

your next challenger
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2013
    @Gleise, I know how to get an egg, I just don't know how to trade them, and I don't have a feeder game to get them from for 4th gen (since I'm playing Platinum)

bctincher15

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    I beat Alder, is that when I'm finished with this challenge.

Clefable
    Lv.81
    Metronome, Wish, Rock Smash, Strength

Magmortar
    Lv.80
    Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Hyper Beam, Lava Plume

Breloom
    Lv.79
    Mind Reader, Dynamicpunch, Seed Bomb, Force Palm

Snorunt♀ is now a Froslass
    Lv.80
    Hail, Shadow Ball, Frost Breath, Weather Ball

Accelgor
    Lv.81
    Bug Buzz, Giga Drain, U-Turn, Pursuit

Noctowl
    Lv.81
    Fly, Zen Headbutt, Air Slash, Take Down

Years
    I'm in for when BW2 comes out in Australia.
    Is it alright if I up the difficulty and hatch one egg at the start and then one more after every second gym?

And what's the rule about Pokemon not native to the region?

Sign-Up
    Name: PlumpyFoof

Completed Game:
    Pokemon White

Fully Evolved Pokemon:
    85 Regional
    291 National

Challenge Game:
    Pokemon White 2

Pokemon:
    - ???
    - ???
    - ???
    - ???
    - ???
    - ???

Gliese

I Drink Nozz-A-La
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2013
    Sorry for the long wait guys, another forum I was with had a very bad spammer problem, and I completely forgot about this place. It seems in that time my VBA stuff must've gotten deleted. If I can't find it in a week go ahead and count me out, and feel free to reject this challenge.

Back