• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Random friend requests?

Vie

Years
    What do you guys think about random friend requests?

I actually try to get to know they guys a little bit, because I think its weird to have lots of people on a friendslist that I have never talked to. I like getting to know new people a lot, though. :D

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I don't like it much when people send random friend requests, i guess it's ok if i see them around the community and i haven't talked tothem, but otherwise i just accept it and then maybe delete them unless they talk to me XD; i'd rather get to know themfirst before acepting, otherwise it would get a bit suspicious...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I would rather the person talks to me first, it nicer than sending random ones.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    I hate them, I hate them, I hate them. I remember when I used to do that and I realized I annoyed the heck out of some people. If I've talked to someone before, then they're free to add.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    It's kinda heartless to decline one (what if it's your best e-friend-to-be?), so I just accept them and usually VM them afterwards.

The Red Chain

I deny them nowadays.. I honestly don't want to add random people.. they tend not to speak to you, or are not worth the time. =/
    I won't deny the fact meeting new people is fun, but when you are added out of nowhere it feels like the other person is just adding you for a higher friend count.

Gah, Myspace all over again.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I really appreciate the people who VM me first before requesting me.

Although, I am too nice to reject a friend request, so I usually end up VMing them anyway. ;;

Years
    What .Swift said.

I appreciate being able to talk to people first before they send any friend requests, with the exception of those who I've talked to in the past that just sent me a request out of the blue, then I'd accept it. Otherwise I'd prefer if we had talked before I accept.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    When I saw this, I had to reply. Lately, I have been getting random friend requests which has been getting kind of annoying. I'd like to get to know a person before they just randomly come up and send me a request. Unless their profile is blocked and they send a friend request, it'd be a tough decision for me.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    I do get them rarely, usually they never come online though so I can't try to get to know them.
    But I really don't mind them coming, but it would be better if you actually got to know them first in my opinion.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    I was a random friend request maker myself... But I've learned my lesson.

It's better to know the person first. :)

And I make sure that 2 or 3 times a week, I VM my friends... :)

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I don't accept random friend requests...If we've talked a few times before, then that's all well and good =P

Years
    I add anyone who adds me, regardless if I know them or not. It's just a list; it doesn't really matter to me. *shrugs*

Sometimes I want to clear it and just not use it, but most of the time, I don't feel like it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I used to grow to get annoyed with random people I didn't know friending me, but I've come to just accept anyone who sends me a friend request. My friend list on PC isn't nearly as what I used to make it out to be. I really... don't care who's on it. Besides, when I used to decline some people, they'd go on and on about how rude I was for not accepting them. Kind of pathetic of them, but eh.

Of course, if I have reason not to, such as I believe them to be unintelligent and not worth my time, I will of course deny it.

Overall, it doesn't play a large roll in my time here. Friends lists are friends lists on forums is the way I've come to know it.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    If someone sends me a friend request before communicating or socializing with me in any way, I decline it right way and promptly ignore whoever sent it.

Back