• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Random Match Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
Years
  • Random Matchup

So what are you guys opinions of the random match up feature? What do you plan to bring/do/etc when you use this feature?

Right now i'm on my 5th badge. Once i can transfer, i'll be messing around with noobies with F.E.A.R xD TOP PERCENT RATTATA FTW...

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    It's a cool feature, but kinda gets a bit annoying when you're searching for a match and people with like level 15 Pokemon show up. Then when the match starts, they instantly disconnect or leave. :/

katmanic

PokéManiac
    Years
  • What do you think about the Random Match Up option in the Pokémon Centers? I find it's rather enjoyable, however, a lot of sore losers disconnect just as they've lost, meaning that your victory isn't awarded to you. So what are your thoughts on this new innovation?

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i havent tried it yet but it sounds like it would be a pain if you go up against someone who is immature and cant accept when they loose.
    but the idea is really nice if u just want a 100% random battle and dont feel like finding someone to battle

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • The concept is wonderful, and I'm 100% glad the feature is in there. I could imagine some people would be abnoxious, but hey. Better an imperfect feature than no feature at all.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I hear it has no level variance.

So you could have Level 30s, and it won't detect that, and end up pitting you against Level 70s from someone else.

Should've made it level-selectable, so you won't have to deal with that.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Well, I like it, but as Yusshin said, they should have an addition so you could select the levels of the Pokemon you want to battle. Other than that and the sore losers, it's a great feature.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    What do you think about the Random Match Up option in the Pokémon Centers? I find it's rather enjoyable, however, a lot of sore losers disconnect just as they've lost, meaning that your victory isn't awarded to you. So what are your thoughts on this new innovation?

Oh wow, slipped my mind before. Anyways, there's already a thread on the Random Match Up, which I merged with this one.

As for the feature I haven't used it and I don't really intend to use it. :x

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Well, it's kinda annoying that everytime I sync up with it, I always need to battle someone from Japan who got the games already for a very long time :\ It's pretty unfair, since I only have the game for almost 2 weeks now...

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2013
    Why the hell wouldn't they have a feature so if someone disconnects they automatically lose? How dumb is that?

Could this be something that can be patched in, or are there no patches for the DS?

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I think someone should get credit and the disconnector LOSES credit.

I haven't tried yet, but I will once my team's complete.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    Watch out lovelies, there are not only F.E.A.R Rattatas, but Arons that know Endeavor, Sturdy, Leftovers, and when they are assisted by Sandstorm a never ending cycle of brokenness. :'(

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like this feature because I don't have to train my Pokemon all the way to level 100 for them, and I can really test out my battling skills, while beating some newbs in the process.

Years
  • What do you think about the Random Match Up option in the Pokémon Centers? I find it's rather enjoyable, however, a lot of sore losers disconnect just as they've lost, meaning that your victory isn't awarded to you. So what are your thoughts on this new innovation?

you would think you would put it like some other online games if someone hits the disconnect button then it counts it as a surrender and gives you the points.

Daikenki

Water Trainer
    Years
  • I refuse to use this, seeing as it's a broken system. I also don't really feel bad for people who disconnect. If I had a level 13 geodude going up against someone's level 80 Samurott, then yeah, I'm going to disconnect. Call me a sore loser, but that's just not fair. Now if someone was ten levels within range, then I'd be pissed off if they disconnected from me.

Cockman!

o_o What a majestic creature!
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    i originally got the game in japanese, loved playing random matchup, but it seems now that the english version is out, I am no longer able to do random matchup? I just connect and it automatically disconnects me..?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    i originally got the game in japanese, loved playing random matchup, but it seems now that the english version is out, I am no longer able to do random matchup? I just connect and it automatically disconnects me..?

This thread is dead :( Please make use of our Quick Questions sticky for help. :)

Random Match Up

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back