• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Random matchup: Magmortar vs Chansey.

Which pokemon is harder to defeat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • In an actual battle, Chansey would probably win in a battle against Magmortar because it can easily take any Special attack Magmortar can throw at it and heal it off with Softboiledm, unless Magmortar packs Cross Chop.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • Personally, I find Chansey more aesthetically appealing. Also, I like the fact that she has a kind nature and enjoys helping others.

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    This has nothing to do with which you find more "aesthetically appealing" or which one you like more or whatever, it's about which would win the battle. Besides, that depends completely on Magmortar's moveset, if he has a physical (fighting) attack then he wins guaranteed, if he only has special attacks then he doesn't.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • This has nothing to do with which you find more "aesthetically appealing" or which one you like more or whatever, it's about which would win the battle. Besides, that depends completely on Magmortar's moveset, if he has a physical (fighting) attack then he wins guaranteed, if he only has special attacks then he doesn't.

Oh crap, I missed the main purpose of the thread. >< Sorry about that. :/ Well yeah, I agree that Magmortar would win, considering the fact that Chansey having a really low defense (I don't think its high HP helps much), and Magmortar having a decent attack.

HaxingBH

HaxingBH
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2012
    guys...
    chansey with eviolite wins with toxic stall
    no competition - chansey is used in ubers and OU
    magmortar is in NU - doesnt even receive stab from focus blast/punch and cross chop

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Magmortar, well, at least the one I run on PO would lose to Chansey. XD; In general, Magmortar would be more likely to win battles due to Chansey being there only for support.

Back