• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Random Pokemon Challenge~

Status
Not open for further replies.

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
    I started this challenge by taking a Chikorita and beat the first gym after a little bit of training.
    After that I dumped my Chikorita and I am now grinding my Onix and Hoothoot before moving on>

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Ok here we go

Eternal Nightmares Random Quest 1

I begin my game off listening to Birch talk about nonsense untill i get to decide my characters gender. He is male of course and I decide to name him EN. Move into house, set clock, miss dad on TV, and go next door to flirt talk to May. Afterwards, its time to save Birch. After sitting idoly by and listening to the epic music that plays at this time for 5 minutes me and my Torchic sprint into action. It took 2PP of scratch to defeat the Poochyena and we return to the lab. Birch lets me keep Torchic and i dont nickname him. So off I go.

At the start we run up into two Zigzagoons before finally getting to the next town. They obviously didnt stand a chance against my Torchic's scratch attack. So now this boosted Torchic to LV 6. YAY!!! Now in Oldale Town we talk the man at the entrance and i walk with him and he gives me a potion. Now i head to the Pokemon Center for a quick heal before heading out of town.

Route 103 The first patch of grass i step in makes another Zigzagoon appear. What a bunch of stalkers >_>. Take it out with 3PP of scratch but one of Ziggys tackles managed a critical hit leaving 13HP. So now we are almost to May when a Wingull shows up. Its Water Gun dropped Torchic to 4HP so i had to use a potion. It was faster so it managed to score two more Water Guns before Torchic got a crtical hit in with scratch leaving him at 8HP but also raised his level to 7 and learning Focus Energy the process. I had to use my last potion so Torchic can be in top shape to take on May. And so the battle begun. I ddnt n0 May lieks Mudkipz xD. Anyway, I scratched her Mudkip and it used growl. Then after that it was just and exchange of sratch and tackle but ultimatly Torchi arose the victor. So now i save....and we head back to Littleroot Town but one the way back i run into a Poochyena just to get Torchic at LVL 8 :P.

Now at the lab i recieve my pokedex and some pokeballs from Birch and May. Now i went off but stopped by Mom to put on my running shoes and then took off running. Encountered some Ziggys and Poocheys going to Oldale Town again rasing Torchis level to 9. I also stop by the pokemon center to drop my Zigzagoon that shall make the perfect HM slave later on, in the PC and then i heal up and hit the road to Petalburgh City, where this part of the will stop.

Onwards to Route 102 and Torchic manages to lvl up some more. As well as Trainers we have tooken out a few wild Poochyena along the way. Before I enter Petalburgh City I decided to venture the grass some more for my Ralts but the first one i encountered was male and had trace so i passed and continued on sadly.

In Petalburgh City i stop by my dads gym for a talk and here come Wally. Refusingly, i took him out to catch his MALE Ralts D:. So then afterwards, I head to the Pokemon Center, heal up, save, and then will start Quest 2 later :D

END

Its going to take me a while to get Solrock, Zangoose, and Aron for this challenge so i have basically been soloing it out for now

Team thus far

Torchic
    LV 12
    Male
    -Scratch
    -Growl
    -Focus Energy
    -Ember

lucariojon

{Ruff Rabbit}
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Might as well try this.

Name: Lucariojon
    Game: SoulSilver
    # Of Randoms: 3
    Do you want a specific gen?: All will be fine.
    Monotype: Y- Poison
    Would you be able to trade for the Pokémon: Using two games that I myself own; or trading over the GTS with other people? If it's GTS: No. If it's using two of my own games that I have: Yes. (I have a DSi and a DS Lite)
    Different Species: Yes
    Different Type: No, just poison.
    Evo Stage: 1st Stage (Ex: Ekans, Arbok, etc.)

Also, I have a quick question.
    For the HG/SS challenges, do you have to beat Red twice as well, beat the Battle Frontier, etc. to finish the challenge?

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011

Erm, I noticed that both Masquerain and Meditite aren't available in Emerald. Just thought I'd throw that out there. ^.^'
    #336 - Seviper
    #362 - Glalie

There ya go! c:

Might as well try this.

Name: Lucariojon
    Game: SoulSilver
    # Of Randoms: 3
    Do you want a specific gen?: All will be fine.
    Monotype: Y- Poison
    Would you be able to trade for the Pokémon: Using two games that I myself own; or trading over the GTS with other people? If it's GTS: No. If it's using two of my own games that I have: Yes. (I have a DSi and a DS Lite)
    Different Species: Yes
    Different Type: No, just poison.
    Evo Stage: 1st Stage (Ex: Ekans, Arbok, etc.)

Also, I have a quick question.
    For the HG/SS challenges, do you have to beat Red twice as well, beat the Battle Frontier, etc. to finish the challenge?
    #42 - Golbat
    #211 - Qwilfish
    #110 - Weezing

And no, just beat Red once and you're done. c:

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
    Okay let's get started on this update shall we?

Traversed to Petalburg City where I pwned Norman-Obtained Surf-Traveled to Mauville City and surfed across the river-Made Team Aqua leave The Weather Institute-Didn't want Castform-Ownd Rival-Obtained the Devon Scope-Cleared the Kecleon blocking the path to the Gym-Winona was weak-traveled to Mt. Pyre-Saved

Team:
    Sableye-Level 31
    Weezing-Level 36
    Camerupt-Level 36
    Starmie-Level 30
    Azumarill-Level 31
    Rhydon-Level 42

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Second update FTW :D

Eternal Nightmares Random Quest 2

Route 104 I battle may way thru this route and skip walking into the grass areas to make my way thru the forest and onward to Rustboro City but before I enter the forest Torchic ups to LV 13 :D.

The forest is rather simple. Torchic manages to KO alot of the pokemon in the forest with one hit making things rush along quite nicely. Now almost to the end but Team Magma appears. Not a threat really so after them I proceed onward to Rustboro City.

Upon defeating all the trainers along the way, collecting all the berries and items i possibly could find, and avoiding as many wild battles as i can, I finally make to my destination. Now at the arrival Torchic is now LV 15 and he seems to be worn out especially being by himself so we go to the Pokemon Center to heal and save. Afterward, we both explore the city before taking on our first gym battle, which im sure to be difficult. In this exploration I got my first HM Cut but was useless with out the Stone Badge. So to make sure we win with the first time, I took Torchic out for training on Route 116 so he can evolve into Combusken and also learn Double Kick in the process. But while i was at I decided to snag me a Taillow for flying purposes later on :3.

After all the training was complete, me and Combusken were ready to defeat Roxanne and her ugly rock types. First, we stop by the Pokemon Center to drop Taillow off inside the PC and heal before heading to our first gym battle.

Inside the gym, the first two trainers were simple. Combusken took both of them down with nothing but Double Kicks. Roxanne seriously needs to hire some new proteges xD. But onto me and Roxannes battle...Geodude goes down with 1PP of Double Kick but Nosepass lasted for a round...however Roxanne wasted that turn with Harden. So she used a potion and saved herself for one more turn and used another to save herself again but its really useless. One more Double Kick and she went down earning me the Stone Badge and getting the Rock Tomb TM from her. We went afterwards to the pokemon center to chill and save after being cut off by Team Magma running off with something. Now Combusken was at LV 19 after the first gym battle was complete.

So now we head back to Route 116 to get the Devon Goods back from Team Magma
    I track them in the Rusturf Cave and after a simple battle I got back the goods and the stolen Wingull. Now destination set for Mr.Brineys house where this part of the quest will end.

First, i rush back to Rustboro City to get my Zigzagoon out of the PC for its low paying job of cutting down trees after obtaining a Great Ball for my services. I am taken to the Devon Corporation to recieve my PokeNav and afterwards I rush to the Pokemon Center for Zigzagoon. We then rush back to Route 116 to cut down a tree blocking my way and to defeat a trainers so i can pick my berries and grab the Ether:P. One the way out I run into May but good thing she isnt up for a battle xD. So I hightail it but I am stopped by the twins i bypassed because of only having one pokemon. Combusken took out Lotad and Seedot by himself while Zigzagoon took the experience points and grew from LV 2 to LV 5. During the rush I managed to get an Ether, Miracle Seed, X Attack, and Great Ball from Zigzagoons tree cutting abilities.

Now out of the forest, I run to Petalburgh City to deposit Zigzagoon back into his box and head to the grass for two wild battles so Combusken gets to LV 20. So now I stop in front of Mr. Brineys place and save there.

END

Meh, still soloing with Combusken untill I obtain my others.

Team thus far

Combusken
    LV 20
    Male
    -Double Kick
    -Growl
    -Peck
    -Ember

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2015
    Name: anel
    Game: emerald
    # Of Randoms: 6
    Do you want a specific gen?: 1,2,3
    Monotype: y-ice
    Would you be able to trade for the Pokémon: Yes.
    this is for my brother,he doesnt have account here,so can you please just tell me.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Damn I am updating a little to frequently xD

Third Update :3

Eternal Nightmares Random Quest 3

Starting back where I left off, i finally set sail for Dewford Town. Didnt take that long to arrive but when we did i set out exploring the town. The first house i visitied i got a Silk Scarf. Maybe my future Zangoose will like it. Second visit is to the trendy saying house and todays its "NEED BALL". Made me LOL. Sounds so freakin' stupid no lie xD. Erherm...back to the game...after exploration I head to the cave on the left but im ambushed by fishermen. They both had a Tentacool and which made me want to steal them because i need one for this challenge. Anyway, they were no threat to Combusken and we safely made our way into Granite Cave.

Inside, I obtain HM Flash from a Hiker but requires me to beat the gym leader to use it. Also i didnt have a Flasher in my PC so i have to find someone as well. With that, i rushed out the cave and set sail back to Mr. Brineys house. After departing the ship, i rushed back to Route 116 to catch a Nincada for Flash use later on.

Fastforwarding........we are back in Dewford Town and now its time to finish Brawly off and earn my badge. But before that I take Zigzagoon so she can steal EXP during the gym matches because as a Linoone she will have access to strength.

Before i enter the gym, i obtain the old rod so i go fishing for a little while and also it is during this time i obtain my first member Tentacool and Zigzagoon levels up to LV 6. Tenta is LV 9 so its really time to grind. I head to the pokemon center to heal and save, then I start some training for Tentacool before fighting Brawly

Fastforward............Tentacool is at LV 12 and now I enter the gym for my badge but not before healing up of course. Inside the gym, Tenta was pretty much useless so I switched out so he could steal experience while Combusken did all the work. The second trainer landed a critical hit with Karate Chop on Combusken so after that battle I healed both Combusken and Tentacool with potions and switched Zigzagoon in front of the party. After the third trainer is defeated, I head to Brawly but also switch Tentacool in front of the party for EXP stealing.

Instintly, I switch to Combusken. Brawly's Machop bulked up for two turns and layed down a Karate Chop on Combusken reducing his HP to 13 but Machop was also almost down until Brawly used a Super Potion restoring his health. Ultimately that was in vain as he fell to Combuskens Ember in one hit. I switch back in Tenta and he throws out Makuhita. I Supersonic Makuhita hoping that he would hit himself leaving me to heal Combusken with a super potion before switching him back in. The plan goes smoothly and with that I won with Combuskens Double Kick and earn myself a Knuckle Badge and TM Bulk Up and access to Flash. Now Combusken is LV 21, Zigzagoon is LV 8, and Tentacool is LV 13 when this gym battle is complete.

Afterwards, I head to the pokemon center and deposit Zigzagoon into the box and take Nincada. Teach him Flash and heal up and save before heading back out to Granite Cave

Inside the cave, I rush to the ladder leading downward after being stopped by a wild Makuhita. Tenta took it out and we proceed. Down the stair, Nincade put its abilities as a Flasher to use and lighted the way. A few steps later I run into my other random team member Aron and boy is he a tough one. He KO Tenta in one Headbutt and slowly manages to knock off damage from Combusken who is trying to reframe from killing it. After 5 pecks and one great ball Aron hopes aboard as the newest member of the party. Now I rush to Steven and run every wild battle to get things done quickly and quick it did. I get to Steven hand him the letter and exchange get TM Steel Wing in return.

I rush out the cave and head to the Pokemon Center to heal and drop Nincada back off in the PC. Afterwards, I set sail for the next destination Slateport City. On the beach i bypass as many of the trainers can and make my way to the pokemon center. Here I save and thus ends Quest 3....now I shall head out and clear the beach of its trainers

END

Finally feel like im getting somewhere. I really need to train Tentacool more as hes pretty useless :|.

Team thus far

Combusken
    LV 21
    Male
    -Double Kick
    -Growl
    -Peck
    -Ember

Tentacool
    Male
    LV 14
    -Poison Sting
    -Supersonic
    -Constrict

Aron
    Male
    Lv 12
    -Tackle
    -Harden
    -Mudslap
    -Headbutt

lucariojon

{Ruff Rabbit}
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    #336 - Seviper
    #362 - Glalie

There ya go! c:

#42 - Golbat
    #211 - Qwilfish
    #110 - Weezing

And no, just beat Red once and you're done. c:

Alright, thanks. :P

I'll post the first update tomorrow around 8:30 AM Eastern Time after I get the Eggs and such.

EDIT: Sorry it's taking longer then expected;; I need to start tomorrow, same time.

Last edited:

mal'akh

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Name: altariaking
    Game: Ruby
    # of Randoms: 5
    Different species: Yes
    Different type: Yes
    #272 - Ludicolo
    #308 - Medicham
    #214 - Heracross
    #276 - Taillow
    #355 - Duskull

Name: anel
    Game: emerald
    # Of Randoms: 6
    Do you want a specific gen?: 1,2,3
    Monotype: y-ice
    Would you be able to trade for the Pokémon: Yes.
    this is for my brother,he doesnt have account here,so can you please just tell me.
    #364 - Sealeo
    #238 - Smoochum
    #363 - Spheal
    #361 - Snorunt
    #87 - Dewgong
    #221 - Piloswine

There you go you guys. Have fun.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2010
    Name: cyndoquil
    Game: Gold(original)
    # of Randoms: 6
    Fully evolved: yes
    Different species: yes
    Different type: yes.
    Will you be able to trade for pokemon?: no

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    @Cyndoquil

#169 - Crobat
    #226 - Mantine
    #91 - Cloyster
    #126 - Magmar
    #130 - Gyarados
    #47 - Parasect

Dang - this team is gonna have a lotta trouble with electric types.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Why not, eh?

Name: Jake♫
    Game: Emerald
    Will you be able to trade for pokemon?: On an Emulator, so can just insert them =P

mal'akh

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Why not, eh?

Name: Jake♫
    Game: Emerald
    Will you be able to trade for pokemon?: On an Emulator, so can just insert them =P
    #38 - Ninetales
    #365 - Walrein
    #267 - Beautifly
    #182 - Bellossom
    #302 - Sableye
    #297 - Hariyama

I love this team dood. So have fun with it!

Xia

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    So I've started a random team myself, and came out with one of my pokemon being Smeargle. Could I catch other pokemon, purely for teaching smeargle moves? not using them on the long walk?

I'll post a full report on my own random team when I reach 15 posts xP

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
    Years
    So I've started a random team myself, and came out with one of my pokemon being Smeargle. Could I catch other pokemon, purely for teaching smeargle moves? not using them on the long walk?
    You don't have to catch them. In fact you shouldn't catch them. Just find a wild Pokemon with a move you want Smeargle to have, and use Sketch.

torcoal

Ketsu!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2013
    Been forgetting to update!
    After I beat Misty, I beat all past nugget bridge, beat the S.S Anne, got a Mr. Mime, beat Lt. Surge and I'm now outside of Rock tunnel

Current team:
    Candace: Lv: 40
    ~Mega Kick
    ~Water Pulse
    ~Moonlight
    ~I currently forget.

Mimen: Lv: 35
    ~Pybeam
    ~Magical Leaf
    ~Substitute
    ~Double Slap

lucariojon

{Ruff Rabbit}
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    UPDATE 1

*Started game, name character Gold (Male)
    Went to Professor Elm, talked, picked Chikorita as starter.
    *Did favor for him (I think it had something to do with the Egg from Mr. Pokémon...)
    *Got Running Shoes from Old Man in town after New Bark (Forgot it's name..)
    *Got Egg from Mr. Pokémon to give to Elm
    *First battle with ??? (Rival), he has a Cyndaquill. Battle ends with me winning.
    *Tells Cop ???'s name (Silver) after they accuse Gold of being the thief
    *Tells mom that I am going on a "Pokémon Journey"
    *Learns how to catch Pokémon from Lyra, obations 5 Poké Balls
    *Gets back to Cherry Grove, then goes up past the Apircorn man's house (Not Kurt, the one who gives you the Box)
    *Gets to Violet City, trades over Zubat from Heart Gold.
    *Trains Zubat to level 16, finishes Sprout Tower

I'm gonna trade over the other two next part. :)

In the next part... :
    Spoiler:

Note: Future parts will be longer and more detailed. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back