• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Random Pokemon Generator (v.1.1.0)

Verkaufer

bis zum bitteren ende
    Years
    CURRENT VERSION: 2.1.1
    --
    Finally reached v2! New layout and now looking for a few affiliates.
    I just thought I would share this because it might be something of interest to you guys.

I've been tooling around with PHP/MySQL lately and came up with a little script that generates random Pokemon. It comes with a couple result modifiers such as: the number of Pokemon to generate, the type (will search either first or second types), exclude/include legendary Pokemon, and limit the results to final evolutions only.

I was hoping to get this out to a few people so I can get feedback and suggestions (as well as bug reports)

So here's a link to it, and I hope you enjoy it!

https://wyncorporation.com/pokemon/

(P.S. If you're feeling especially kind, consider donating to help me offset the costs of webhosting! Thanks!)

Edit: We now have a forum game! GoldvsRed was kind enough to start a little forum game. Go check it out!

Last edited:
    Years
    I love it. It's perfect for people like me who like to use random Pokemon!
    As for suggestions, I suppose you could make the generator be even more specific. Perhaps the best one you could do is narrow it down to generations, or even better; regions. Say you select Hoenn. All Pokemon found in the regional dex would be selected (Including the Kanto and Johto Pokemon found in the region, like Oddish.) It would be great for creating a random team while playing through.

That's all I got.

Last edited:

Verkaufer

bis zum bitteren ende
    Years
    Thanks! I'm hoping to include regions/generations in the next revision. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do that code-wise.

Years
    Are you sure it's random? I got Ariados three times in a row.

Yeah that's like a one in 111 million chance, you're either really lucky or there's some sort of bug with the system.

There's already something like this, the Pokémon Sprite Generator, but yeah, personally I like yours better because it has more specific requests (eg. only final evolutions). But yeah to me it looks pretty good. I went three times in a row and got Sceptile, Electrode and Blaziken. Tried it about twenty times and yeah, there were like seven non-final-evolution Pokémon there so it's all good as far as I can see.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I like this too, it seems like a great idea, especially if someone is stumped for what Pokemon to choose and would like a random pick. Good work. ^__^;

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
    Years
    This is actually very good, helps idiots like me decide what to do in the games. For the next game I play my team, according to this, should be Skarmory, Charizard Salamance, Drapion, Gengar and Rotom. :)

Just did another one, one little thing I found. I selected only final evolutions, yet I still got given and Nidorina.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Yeah, I selected Final Evolutions and came up with Flaaffy.

I imagine this would take quite a bit of additional research and coding, but maybe a mode where it selects Pokemon based by availability in a game( i.e., someone selects "Emerald" and it generates a random list of Pokemon available in Emerald). This would help those looking for a random team to play through an individual game.

It's a good idea, though :)

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    I liked it. Had no problem the system, but when you add the region/generation thing it will be great. But I think it would be even better a Regional Dex selection. I mean, Hoenn Dex pokémon (202) or Sinnoh Dex Pokémon (210), for my choices in a new game, got it?

Good job, indeed.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    This is great, you've done a good job ^^ As others have said once the Regional thing is put in it will be perfect, but right now there's no problem in DPPt which has every Pokémon so far anyway >_>;

Verkaufer

bis zum bitteren ende
    Years
    Just did another one, one little thing I found. I selected only final evolutions, yet I still got given and Nidorina.

Yeah, I selected Final Evolutions and came up with Flaaffy.

Yeah, an awesome generator, but I gots a Tangela with only the fully evolved Pokémon selected =S

Thanks for reporting these! I have fixed them and they should no longer appear in the the results.

I will definitely work on the regional suggestion (even though my PHP is a mess right now!)

I'll update this thread when I make any major changes.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    xDD my first attempt I got a tyranitar, 2nd attempt I got a lapras! and last attempt I got an espeon

xDD this is funn

Verkaufer

bis zum bitteren ende
    Years
    xDD my first attempt I got a tyranitar, 2nd attempt I got a lapras! and last attempt I got an espeon

xDD this is funn
    Haha, I'm glad you like it! Let me know if you have any features you would like to see added (other than classing by region, which I'm currently working on).

Ayselipera

Even though I'm someone who likes to pick their team carefully I find it entertaining. :)

Back