• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Random Shiny Encounters

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
  • To mod: I don't know if there's a thread like this already...or if I posted this one in the right forum section. But feel free to close this and suggest that I start another one in the appropriate section. Or you can move it if you like. :)

Hey there PC, just thought I'd start a discussion on random shiny Pokemon encounters. They are better than hatching one, in my opinion. I love the randomness of them.

My first random encounter was a shiny Golbat in Victory Road in Heart Gold. I almost fainted myself when it appeared!

My second was a shiny Lugia in my Soul Silver. I was only going to kill the Lugia and not bother capturing it. But I didn't want to chance it and used my Master Ball on it.

My third was a shiny Pidgey on my Soul Silver. It was very early in the game too, I was making my way to Mr. Pokemon's house. I am glad that I bought more Pokeballs too, it broke out of 4.

My fourth was a shiny Solrock on White. Can't remember the route, but it was in a cave.

That's it for me. Was it while training a Poke? Or just trying to get through that cave without any repels? Post!

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
  • I've had various Shinies but I guess I'll list them all..

First shiny ever was a Shiny Sentret in Silver :P I used it just because it was shiny lol
    Sadly, I didn't get any Shinies in Gen 3 :( I think..
    I don't know if this is considered random (probably not) but I Pokeradared a Shiny Phanpy on my Diamond. I also found a Shiny Bellsprout in Diamond. I didn't get any random encounted Shinies in HGSS but RNGed a few.

In my White though, I caught a Shiny Audino in Giant Chasm. Restarted and found a Shiny Drilbur in Welspring Cave early in the game. (I actually accidentally killed a Drilbur I was going to catch. Found another one and it turned out to be shiny! :D)

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    My first and only random wild shiny encounter was a Poochyena in Pokemon Emerald.
    Then, my game messed up and he was lost forever. :C

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I saw a shiny Weedle in Gold. Didn't catch it though. Didn't realise it was shiny at the time haha.

Years
  • I remember when I was trying to get moon stones or something from the Lunatones in Meteor Cave on my Sapphire. I had gotten so much into the habit of running from Zubats that I didn't notice one of them was green instead of purple..

I was sad! I left it on the successful escape message for a minute or two.

Thrash

Feebas Führer
    Years
  • I like to think I've been fairly lucky with random shinies over the years. First random shiny encounter was a shiny Sandshrew in Crystal. I was heading through Union Cave when I ran into it, and the first Poké Ball I tossed got 'em. My second was a shiny Wurmple in Sapphire, which became a glorious shiny Dustox, followed by a shiny Absol a bit later in the game. In Pearl, I snagged a shiny Starly early in-game, and then a shiny Golbat in a cave (forgot which one). Now, in Black, I have a shiny Patrat that I found by accidentally running into the grass on Route 3 when I was trying to hatch eggs.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Honestly, I've encountered a good amount of shinies by chance. My first shiny encounter was a Sableye in Sapphire, but I ran from it. I also ran from Shellder in FireRed, Machop in LeafGreen and Staravia in Diamond because I was freaked out.

The shinies by chance that I caught are (even though I lost the ones from Platinum and HG):
    -Koffing (Emerald)
    -Roselia (Platinum)
    -Sneasel (Platinum)
    -Marill (Platinum)
    -Blissey (Platinum)
    -Mewtwo (HeartGold)
    -Tentacool (SoulSilver)
    -Golbat (SoulSilver)
    -Nidorina (SoulSilver)
    -Gothita (Black)
    -Sewaddle (White)
    -Golduck (White)
    -Lunatone (White)

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
  • I haven't encountered very many shinies - just one, if any at all. I can't really remember, since it was probably in Gold. Either way, I think I KO'd it, since I lacked something to catch it with. D:

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • Awesome posts you guys! Keep em coming!

Also, I guess the Red Gyarados can count...I mean, it is a shiny, just that every one gets it. Which makes it kind of cheap. Any who, it's still a shiny!

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • The first one was in either Gold or Cristal, a shiny Sandshrew, but I was too young, and stupid to catch it lol. I didn't know what a shiny was at the time, and wasn't sure if I had imagined the twinkling sprite or not.

My Second, and only caught one was my Shiny Growlith from HG, who is now the leader of my Black team (as an Arcanine)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • All of my shiny encounters have been random, and across all my games that would come out to about ten of them. I still have quite a few of them - Buneary, Swinub, Meowth, Spearow, and a couple others. Others I traded away to friends.

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    Nidoran♀ in Gold
    Zigzagoon in Ruby
    Wurmple in Ruby
    Makuhita in Emerald
    Regice in Platinum
    Rattata in SoulSilver
    Patrat in Black

I've also gotten quite a few through RNG, breeding, and using the PokéRadar, but those are the only randoms if I remember correctly.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I caught a shiny Trapinch in Ruby.. sadly my game froze and I lost it forever.
    I've also had a shiny Teddiursa.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • My first random shiny was a Whismur in Ruby. I caught it, but because I felt bad for it and thought it was diseased and wanted to heal it, lol. It's the only shiny I no longer have. Second was a Golbat in Diamond, who I named Green, even though he's a pink Crobat now. Third was a Fearow in Platinum, named AeroTape. Fourth was an Ekans in my Japanese SoulSilver, named her Pants. Fifth was Venipede in Japanese White, named Bwchv. And sixth was a Metang in Japanese White, and I named it Liam. Funny thing about the Metang is that I was telling Karpman I hoped I ran into a shiny Metang, cause I trained in the Giant Chasm all the time. And I'm not even kidding, and hour later, I found one. XD;

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • I've had quite a few random shinies before. There was a ton of Abra before I knew what a shinywas, a shiny Minun on Emerald, Anorith on Sapphire, Ponyta (These three are on my broken Platinum though), a Kakuna in SS which I couldn't catch because I wasted my balls on Lugia instead of throwing a Master Ball right off the bat, and a Pupitar in White.
    I also got my sister an Abra in the Game Corner.
    If we're including hacks, I found a Zubat that I couldn't catch in Rescue Rangers, and a Wooper in Lilac.

Years
  • Only found one shiny, Ryhorn in the Fire Red Safari Zone. I was looking for Tauros, but he never showed up. I did manage to catch it.. it's still in my FireRed, haven't transfered him to Gen4, but I might some day.

Back