• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Random Shiny Encounters

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
  • My most recent random shiny encounter in any Pokemon game is a level 5 Nidroan (male) in white forest. At first I was a bit upset because I do not like any of the Nidoran's but I started liking it after I saw how it looked in the Pokedex- it was amazing.

:t354:TG

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • My first shiny was a shiny Oddish in Sapphire. I caught it, but my little brother deleted my game...
    My second was a shiny Miltank in Crystal. I was going to catch it, but I accidentally got a critical hit and it fainted. I was forever sad. :(

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • My first shiny was a shiny Oddish in Sapphire. I caught it, but my little brother deleted my game...
    My second was a shiny Miltank in Crystal. I was going to catch it, but I accidentally got a critical hit and it fainted. I was forever sad. :(

Haha wow.....can't seem to get a crit on Whitney's Miltank but you managed to crit a shiny one! That's gotta suck...I have yet to accidentally kill a random shiny. But I hope I never do, because I just know it sucks!

Keep those posts coming ya'll! Great ones

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • I recently found my first shiny ever in Pokemon Black. It was a mincinno and I was so amazed when I saw him. I instantly caught him but now I don't want to evolve him because cincinno dosent look very good as a shiny.

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    I haven't found all that many, myself.
    -Shiny drowzee in gen 2
    -shiny butterfree from gen 2's bug catching contest (I'll never get over the fact that i didn't win that contest. I mean, a shiny should be an auto win or something XD)
    -Shiny ponyta in diamond.
    -Shiny castform in platinum.
    No shiny pokemon from gen 3 oddly enough. I also haven't gotten any from gen 5 yet, but it's still pretty early in the generation.

Years
  • I've only ever had one and it was way back in when I played Silver on my GBC. I don't remember what it was, I only know it was shiny and I didn't have any pokeballs... I went back to the same back of grass for an hour hoping to find it again. I never did.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • The only Shiny Pokemon I caught was Audino. I found it in Route 1 in White,and boy I was lucky to get it. Oh,I trained it to level 20,put it in the Pokemon Musical(XD),and it was a female.

Juicy

Bone to be wild!
    Years
  • First random shiny I encountered was a Tentacool in Pearl. I've been playing since the start of Pokemon and only just started finding shinies so I was beginning to feel a bit ripped off. The next (and latest) random shiny I found was in Platinum. I'd just started chaining and was going for a Farfetch'd for some reason. Funny thing is it was shiny on my 2nd one of my chain so that was cool. One day I hope to begin the game with a shiny starter, that'd be awesome.

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
    Years
  • I wish I could be as lucky as you guys with shinies. I have Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, LeafGreen, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, SoulSilver, HeartGold, and Black. Out of all those games I've NEVER encountered a shiny.

Pawz

The PC Gamer
    Years
  • I've only had a couple:
    Shiny Zubat - Ruby
    Shiny Spinda - Ruby
    Shiny Caterpie - Fire Red
    Shiny Mareep - Soul Silver
    None on Diamond or White yet, sadly. :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2013
    The only shiny I've encountered is Shinx while I was looking for a Kricketot in Route 204.
    Accidently ran away before realizing it was a shiny . D:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I was strolling around on Black Version and a shiny Gothita appeared. At first my face was ;o

Then it was like this :O
    Then, :]
    And after I caught it :DDDDDDDDD

Yup, I was a happy camper that day :]

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I've only had a few that were not intentional. First was in FR, the route below Pallet, I managed to find Shiny Tangela, I didn't really know much about the rarity of Shiny Pokémon then though, and let it go. Second was in D/P, a shiny Shinx, I caught it. Last was in SS, I found a shiny Pidgey on the route before Violet City. :3

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Only one encouter, of course I've done a lot of GTS trading in both my SoulSilver & Black, I have plenty of Shiny Pokemon due to that. Only one Encounter however. Back in '04, Ruby- Exploud (The 2nd Evolution, can't remember the name) & I did put him in my party after catching him. Had to look up on the internet why he was a different color than usual?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I had never encountered any shiny in my whole life, even though I've played Pokémon since I was like 6 years old, untill I replayed R/S with my friend a few months back, and encountered a shiny Wishmur during EV training. That was in school and I was soooo excited. And guess what actually, a month or two later in B/W, I got a shiny Litwick (also during EV training btw) and my friend hated me so much for getting two in such a short period of time XD

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I've had some decent luck with shinies.

1. Numel (Jagged Pass iirc) - I don't have it anymore because my mom killed my Sapphire Version by accidentally spilling coffee on it. XP
    2. Wingull (I want to say Route 130) - Traded it for... a shiny Turtwig or something.
    3. Geodude (Route 214) - Made me lol that I found this right after migrating my shiny Wingull.
    4. Starly (Route 201) - Found it while EVing a Pokemon for HP or some crap against Bidoof.
    5. Linoone (Route 120) - Uploaded to Black Version and traded it for a shiny Torkoal.
    6. Koffing (Fiery Path) - Has a great nature, especially for the Trick Room team I created. So I uploaded it, but I have yet to train it X_x
    I have a couple of other shinies that I chained in Diamond Version and Platinum Version.

EDIT:
    Forgot about the shiny Trollbat (a Zubat with a Troll face) I found in some Pokemon hack called Pokemon Troll Version. It was in the beginning of the game, and my friend and I thought they would all be shiny, but we never found another one, and I couldn't catch that one due to being in the first part of the game. I was PEEVED. Such a troll.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I encountered 2 shiny pokemon in SS (An Oddish and Zubat) which is nothing too special, and I don't think I ever did anything with them either. Eventually just started a new file erasing both of them.

In White, it was a shiny Togepi (White Forest) and Lillipup that I regrettably let get away since it was right at the beginning of the game.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • JUST found a Shiny, Docile, Staravia on Platinum :) Had to use an unused master ball from another game that I passed over though, cause all my Pokemon were level 40 and I lacked false swipe.

So now I got my Arcanine, and my soon to be a Starraptor!

Back