• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Random sound clips?

Sublime

Blimey!
Years
  • Ok so I have this new problem with my laptop.
    At random times it will play a sound clip for no reason. I've gotten everything from movie trailers to bits of songs. Currently right now it's making NASCAR commercial noises. >_>

I've scanned my laptop for viruses and such, nothing. I checked my sound manager and it wasn't coming from AIM, MSN, Windows sounds, or Firefox. I have no clue where the sound is originating from.

I'm thinking about restoring my laptop, but I figured I might check here first.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2009
    Hmmm, I myself have never exspienced it.. But I think my cousin mentioned somthing to me, that was simalar.. Are you sure you dont have a old Virus scanner, I prefer SpyBot, It notices more things than,, say like AVG, ect...

Oh and be sure to do a Defragment.. Sometimes those find things

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2009
    Hmm.. Well I dont know.. I still stand ground for SpyBot, but I doesnt matter, Like I said before Try Defragmenting,, and then go to BestBuy--
    Geeksquad ->Ive always found Geeksquad the "All knowing Head(s)":laugh:
    But Idk.... Um have you every download any Weird Programs,, Exx.Smilley Central, Zwinkey.. Ive always been scepticle of them..:paranoid:

But If nothing ealse I guess get all yor good Programs, on a Jump Drive.. (Photos,Music, Documents, ect) And then I guess Restore it:disappoin..

:classic:But I hope that This helps you!

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • \ Um have you every download any Weird Programs,, Exx.Smilley Central, Zwinkey.. Ive always been scepticle of them..:paranoid:

Oh God, never.
    I never download anything besides browsers and stuff I can trust.

I'll try contacting GeekSquad about it if a system restore doesn't work.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • Oh God, never.
    I never download anything besides browsers and stuff I can trust.

I'll try contacting GeekSquad about it if a system restore doesn't work.

System restore won't do it. (And you NEVER want to use it. It can be accessed by pretty much any spyware, giving it the power to go deeper into the system when you do use it) And, to be honest, Norton 2009 is much better than Spybot. I know because PC World says so. (really, they do) Aside from the fact that they have used a battery of official tests, they've gone through the programs and rated them on other stuff as well. Norton 2009 came out on top this year. I'd open up the task manager, and look at all of the active processes. Then, I'd do a quick google search with the name of each process. Usually, a site like processlibrary will have an entry on it that tells you what it does, etc. Chances are, you have a rogue process playing that music.

Back