• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Random YouTube video thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

droomph

weeb
Years
  • I might get banned for showing you guys this, but...
    Spoiler:
    And also don't forget my favorite video of all time
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Guest123_x1

In 1973, Merv Griffin created "Shopper's Bazaar", upon request of NBC Daytime boss Lin Bolen. This pilot (first three minutes shown in the spoiler above) was taped in September of that year and was hosted by Chuck Woolery, with Mike Lawrence as announcer. The gameplay of this pilot takes a backseat to the element of shopping for expensive prizes featured on the set. Needless to say, neither Lin nor Merv liked the pilot. Test audiences also disliked it, noting that they could not understand the gameplay, and also could not see the puzzleboard.

While credited as being the start of what would become Wheel of Fortune, this pilot barely resembles the show as it is today, or even when it debuted as a series.
    The format was (almost) completely overhauled, and two pilots under the title Wheel of Fortune were taped on August 28, 1974, with Edd "Kooky" Byrnes as host, with Charlie O'Donnell as announcer, and Susan Stafford hired at the last minute to manipulate the puzzleboard. The changes were enough for NBC to pick up the series (which premiered January 6, 1975), but with Chuck hosting. Edd was drunk during those pilots, and was rumored to have been caught reciting the vowels backstage by Merv.

(Shopper's Bazaar is actually held in full by GSN (Game Show Network), but despite the cable channel showing numerous pilots during its lifetime, it has not yet aired this pilot.)

Spoiler:
    Featured on my profile page, this is an incident on Wheel of Fortune in late February or early March 1995, in which a contestant gives a unexpected response to a Megaword puzzle. Producer Nancy Jones accepted the contestant's response, saying if the contestant really felt that way. This incident is believed to have led to Jones' firing in June 1995, being replaced by Harry Friedman in the process.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 6, 2024
    It's been a while since I've been here....

So I made this video of a certain guy and he dared me to make him viral

So guys, it would be awesome if you can make him viral :D

Years

• I was only young when the episode this scene is from aired... but I never noticed this subliminal message until now.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I remember when I first discovered that, still cracks me up.

If you seen the original Llamas With Hats, you should see it in 3D! It looks amazing.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Lol Llamas With Hats = best thing ever. So here's a catchy dance to break things up! If this doesn't get stuck in your head then I don't believe you! Performed by the cutest people ever; the SOS Brigade! :D

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2015
    Here is my first remix of the 1st gen Wild Battle music :D
    <link redacted>

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back