• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rank the Generations

Years
  • 1) Gen III
    2) Gen V
    3) Gen II
    4) Gen VI
    5) Gen I
    6) Gen IV

My personal preference. I was absolutely obsessed with the 4th gen games but for some reason looking back it never struck me as anything too special compared to other generations. The third is my top because I loved the new Pokemon and spent hundreds of hours playing alongside my best friend in school.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Well, in my experience, the first 3 were the best, but I really like the new one, hrm... They're all great so I'll just organize like so:

1. Gen 3
    2. Gen 6
    3. Gen 1
    4. Gen 5
    5. Gen 4
    6. Gen 2

Years
  • Looking back at all of the gen's, they have all added great aspects to the Pokemon series. Adding New Pokemon, New Types, New Moves, New Abilities, New Graphics, and a new expirence for each new generation

dirkac

scarfmaster asterisk
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2023
    Well...

1. Gen IV
    It has Sinnoh. 'Nuff said.
    But, well, I love everything from it, except the Chimchar line, I love every single one of the Pokémon introduced here, too :3
    The story was the best ever, the music is untoppable, and everything is infinitely above perfect :D

2. Gen III
    It introduced Surskit.
    Hoenn is awesome.
    Music is awesome.
    Everything is awesome :D

3. Gen VI
    So. Much. Prettyfullness.
    I love it all, it's so beautifull ^_^

4. Gen V
    Yeah, no.
    I love the Pokémon, but the Region and Music were kinda lacking.

5. Gen II
    Bad levelling is bad.

6. Gen I
    no

Years
  • From the top down (no pun intended):

Gen III - Great music; great art style; great post-game; one of the only stories that actually felt like it mattered.
    Gen II - Admittedly, mostly nostalgia, but overall I find Johto to be laid out very well, and the music is among the best I've heard in 8-bit. Also, Kanto, but it felt like you had free reign of the place.
    Gen IV - Great, huge region; great music; mediocre story; mostly favorable Pokemon but a few that felt redundant or forced.
    Gen V - Great story; great villains; good music; decent Pokemon (I especially like that they were all new until post-game); nice visual style in different seasons; very lacking and unfinished-feeling post-game.
    Gen VI - Kinda forgettable, but nice 3D graphics and great music.
    Gen I - Glitches and poorly-thought-out design; uncreative creatures.

Back