• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rant about your playthrough.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    FUCK YOU INVER!
    FUCK YOU FOR KILLING MY MAIN COUNTER FOR MONS WHO ARE WEAK TO ONLY GROUND!
    FUCK YOU BECAUSE NOT ONLY THAT, BUT SHE IS ALSO A RARE ENCOUNTER NOT MANY PEOPLE USE!
    FUCK YOU AGAIN CAUSE NOW I HAVE TO GET A NEW TEAMMATE(who is fortunately my first catch :3) AND GRIND HER EIGHT LEVELS TO KEEP UP WITH THE TEAM!!!
    FUCK YOU AS THERE ALSO AREN'T A LOT OF PLACES TO GRIND HER.
    FUCK YOU FOR DELAYING EVERYTHING.
    FUCK YOU MAN.

Yeah, I know it's half my fault but damn inverse battles. I know I'm double posting, but I wanted to bump this.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Context: Nuzlocke Challenge, Pokemon X. Only one death (sacking a level 5 dupe mon), on my way to the city after Lumiose.

It's one of two Pokemon games I play, and unfortunately both get trumped by Smash when it comes to play time...but, I'm trying to make X worth playing again, as it's currently my least favourite game/s. In the time I forgot about my first playthrough, I forgot of how slow the first Gen VI games were, along with how easy they were.

It's not really a rant, more complaining.

PageEmp

Years
    In my latest run:

Box:
    Naughty Starly.
    Jolly Kricketot.

Team:
    Gentle Chimchar.
    Relaxed Bidoof.
    Timid Shinx.
    Machop with decent nature but has Guts.
    Geodude with okay nature but has Sturdy.

Game y u do dis.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
    Gen 5 and on- Why does every rock and steel Pokemon have sturdy? And why do gym leaders have to have a Pokemon with sturdy?
    I am not looking forward to Watson in AS both steal types have sturdy, volt switch, and supersonic. And I have no persim berries or lum berries yet. I do like not electric type gyms they always the hardest especially when they are near the beginning of the game

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    did a hg run and for my water type i was between mantine or lapras and i went with mantine WHICH I REALLY REGRET CUZ IT'S NOT THAT GOOD

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I've been re-playing PMD Gates to Infinity a bit on my lunch breaks for the past week. I love Mystery Dungeon and in general I have fun with the whole format of the series, but some of the dungeons are obnoxiously long -_- I don't mind it as much this time around, since I'm just re-playing it for fun, but it's reminding me of how frustrating it was when I was looking forward to seeing what happens next in the story haha

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Why does Flannery have so many gym Trainers? Are the Lavaridge Hot Springs the place to be?

Also something seems 'off' about Flannery's character picture, the arms look a little off. Might just be me though.

PageEmp

Years
    I had to get 31 encounters in order to get my route 3 catch. THIRTY-FUCKING-ONE.

And grinding a monkey makes me wish the electric mouse was my forest catch. At level 9, Malcolm only OHKOs by critting, and his exp bar only icreases when he kills mons that give out high EXP. He has incinerate now, so let's hope things get better.

Years
    And grinding a monkey makes me wish the electric mouse was my forest catch. At level 9, Malcolm only OHKOs by critting, and his exp bar only icreases when he kills mons that give out high EXP. He has incinerate now, so let's hope things get better.

I can understand this. Given the level the elemental monkeys are caught at in X/Y, you're stuck with Scratch until Level 10 unlike B/W where you get the monkey in the Dreamyard at Level 10 from the get-go.

Years
    During my AS playthrough, this is probably one of the most annoying things:
    Dropping it in a spoiler because it could get a bit lengthy.

I was leveling a Shedinja around Fallarbor Town, when I encountered a Fairy Girl, who challenged me. She lead with a Kirlia who traced Shedinja's Wonder Guard. <grunt>
    I didn't have any coverage moves to deal with this against a Psychic/Fairy typing.
    I decided to use Supersonic to make her take herself out.
    Let's see what happened.
    Note, this is not quite how it actually went as it happened yesterday, but it took me 25 Supersonic PP to finally get Kirlia down.
    Spoiler:

Rinse and repeat. It took me several Super Potions and a Leppa Berry to take Kirlia down.
    Meanwhile, if I ever get confused, no matter what, I won't snap out of it before I take myself down.

Edit; Meanwhile my team is currently getting wrecked by Archie's Golbat because he has hit all four of his Supersonics, and I've hit myself 5x in a row. I was only able to take him down by reviving Vivillon twice, who outspeeds Golbat with a super effective Psybeam.

In the game's defence, I did manage to get an enemy Linoone trapped in Paralysis for four turns in a row, and when it was finally able to attack, it missed.

Last edited:

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    Sapphire:
    "What, I only ran into someone two times on this path(more so they ran into me), and you're still criticizing my biking skills? I give up."
    FireRed:
    "Just walking, and walking, and walking... Did I miss something? Shouldn't I have running shoes by now?"
    "How am I supposed to catch pokemon by throwing rocks and food at them???"
    Soul Silver:
    "Raikou, stop going to a different town!!! I need to catch you!"
    "Nooo! Silver why?!? *sniff* My dreams of becoming part of Team Rocket ruined" :(
    "Ugh, all the wild pokemon in Kanto are so under leveled. I OHKO all of them..." (Shiny Psyduck appears...) :|
    X:
    "Alright, train station in Lumiose city. That was on one of those inner roads leading to the tower, right?" ~_~
    And in every single game
    (Player steps into you path) "Move, move, move... ergh, fine I'll go around you. (Player randomly moves and steps into your path again) >:(

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
    The trick house in ORAS is really stating to tick me off. The fourth strength puzzle was so hard I was yelling I hate puzzles. Thank goodness for Youtube.

PageEmp

Years
    Oh and my fucking game crashed on my saving, so now I'm back to the Purugly fight. Well, maybe I could possibly get better encounters, but what if I lose my Monferno in the new battle? Or maybe another one of my teammates?

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Not an angry rant, but I need to beat the E4 in Leaf Green to go do stuff I'd rather be doing. All I have is a Charizard and can't get past the first E4 member. So, Im bringing my Rayquaza from Emerald and those two are going to rock the Indigo Plateau.

Now... time to find my Link Cable.

Back