• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

rants of school

Lash

Years
The school I'm currently going to is the only one I've found worth going to in awhile, and even then I still dislike going to school in general. It's not the school I'm attending that's the problem (its a very easy school. Three classes, idiot staff.), but just the thought of school that gets to me.

I guess it's because parents act like school is a godsend. Most parents want their kid to achieve their vision of greatness, which isn't what the child wants (in most cases I've heard, however.). I just don't see the fun in that.

Ayselipera

I just hate waking up so early and learning things I don't care about.
Probably one of the worst things is having a teacher who thinks all the students love them just because a few of them come visit everyday. It really makes me wonder why my friends say they miss school. I'll never understand that.

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
Years
My school is just boring, I often spend all my time doodling in every class. Glad I only have 1 year left :3.

dude im right there with you!!
my schools fine but after being there for so long with the same people, every year, in the same three classes. it gets kinda boring. like i said my schools fine but im bored with it.
the only real problem i and the rest of my class (but mostly me) is one of our teachers.
i swear to god i want to kill her sometimes!!! i mean all she does is ramble on about stuff that she thinks is important and makes us do math this completely long/hard way in which deprives me of pretty much all of my after school time!!
and the fact that she treats me like a friggin' retard!
example:
okay so im not the best person at math, right? yeah, so im taking a test and am boggled by one of the questions. so i go up to the teacher and ask for a small bit of help. get the reminder that i needed. then go to sit back down, finish the test. so now im just sitting at my desk drawing and nonsense, as i usually do. then she comes up to me and asks if i finished my test, then i say yes. then she says to me "really? that fast?(!)"
after that i was pissed for the rest of the class period and it sucked

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Lol, I'm not in school.
Not like you people think of.
Homeschool is still sucky.

But yeah.
I'm blessed to have a mother who'll attempt to teach a high school student everything by herself, although much of the actual schoolwork is done by without help on standby.
I've heard that public school is bad, but I haven't experienced it for myself, so I don't know what I'd like better.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
You know those videos you see at school about drugs and what not, those kids are at my school, people at my school actually smoke, take drugs, drink alcohol, have underage sex, shoplift and beat up other kids just to be popular even if it isn't in a good way.

The good thing at my school was that it accepts all sorts of people, we have a whole class full of people with disabilities and not the physical kind, these people are mentally disabled but out school doesn't care and just takes them in and they hang out with us but sometimes they're easily mislead and end up joining the drug addicts because they think it's normal and that's what they want to be.

ALC_Allstar

Green Day Fan
Years
First of all they don't really treat us like we are teenagers. The students are not mature enough. If someone says the word "but" they laugh so hard, and it isn't even supposed to mean the other defenition of the word. I had this kid in science class that was my friend until one day I wore a sports jacket to school. Everyone forgot about him and started hanging out with me. After that day he started calling me names like "suit man" and "mr. clean". He munipulated a kid into calling me those names too. Also my school is terrible about trying to solve bully problems. When the guy tells on the bully the school has a talk with the bully about how they should be kind and ask them if they have any trouble at home, but after that they don't really care anymore. In sixth grade I had this really mean teacher that told me to do my work when I was already doing it. I almost screamed F you.
He actually purpously gave me a "B" in that class. As from these storys you can see my school is a complete pigsty. There are only three teachers I liked.

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
Years
i like school.
i like having the stress.
i like to challenge myself.
i like how i say i like it, then despise it the next moment.

I don't have a problem with school in general. I specifically don't like my school at all. I do like school, just not mine.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
The only people I really don't like in my school are the underclassmen, but that's bound to happen and is usually always the case at high school. But last year, since my Sophomore year wasn't complete since I went under home instruction due to some severe depression I had (so far, that's been the only case in my life that I've had depression... and I really hope that'll be the only case), I had to retake a class... biology. I was in a class full of sophomores. There were three other juniors and a senior in that class, who only needed to take it for the lab credit (which means she could have only came one day a week and that was during the lab period)... augh. I promised myself never to have to go through that again. I'm supposed to retake Geometry, but I decided that instead of taking it in school with sophomores again that I'm going to just take it online during the second semester of school. Which is kick ass because that means I was qualified for senior option, which lets me leave school whenever my last class ends (which is at 11:45).

Anyway, I like my school. It's a blue ribbon school, so no doubt the education system is good. The teachers are, in my opinion, selected carefully and they all (apart from one idiot who shouldn't be trusted with chalk, much less the education of teenagers) are qualified for their job. Most of them have their masters and everything. I just... like it. I used to find going to school to be such a pain in the ass, but now I... I'm starting to feel upset over the fact that I only have 9 months of school left... then I'm off to the real world. Though I'm excited for college. <3

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
Looking back at elementary school, it sucked! At my old school, they were sexist and favored the girls over the boys, not to mention the pervy gym teacher we had. I would get in trouble for almost anything... be it getting beat up or making fun of kids who suck. High school is waaaay better. the teachers dont really care during break. I got beat up in the main hallway right next to the office and they didnt do anything. we got the pot smokers, the preps, and the... uh normal people.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I don't like talking about school, it pisses me off especially the teachers, they all annoying me. I'm going to stop there because if not there will be profanity in my post and I don't want that

:t354:TG

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
I much prefer school now I got my options and I've only got 1 year until 6th Form (YYYAAAYYY!!!), but I have one teacher who I hate with all my guts sometimes, he's my Art teacher and he yells because of the smallest things. We have no choice at all in what we get to make/draw etc in the lessons compared to all the other classes, I mean I thought the point of was it was original, not a whole class submittingthe same thing to the examiners. Once he even yelled at me for not turning up for the after school opportunity to do my photo piece even though he should have known I was ill and even if he didn't I TOLD HIM I WAS! I swear the day he retires I will be the happiest I've ever been.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
Clearly I'm the only person here who's even remotely happy with the school they're in. Evidence would suggest that grammar schools and selective schools in general work much better than the usual system. My only gripe with my school is that they couldn't organise a drinks party in a brewery, but it doesn't usually affect the teaching standards.

Im very happy with my school, great facilities, generally good teaching ect. There are just far too many faults as to how teaching is in general. Such as how to deal with the idiots who spend science lessons burning paper and blowing it around, and teaching things that are relevant as well as on the exams. As well as putting the issue of uniform over learning, "Yes i know my tie is short Mr. Heap, now how does that warrant a day in isolation and not learning," its insane, not to mention it takes up a lot of the lesson dealing with it.

Some of the students are so immature and have such fithy minds, they consider essentially everything as rascist because of one *thinks about use of profanity* person, and will giggle for ages if you even utter words such as: Bone, Drums, you get the picture.

Originally Posted by ~KitsuneKat~
@the haircuts thing: WTFH!? Isn't that against the consti- Wait, what are the laws in Britan?

... this world is slowing becoming a dictatorship...
Im pretty sure it already is.

Last edited:

POKEMON_MASTER_0

caffeine 1mg/mL, 240 mL po q4h prn fatigue
Years
I suppose that my largest gripe is the fact that our school seems to treat us like five-year-olds. For example, we have a once a month class called, "Advisory." This class originally sounded like a good thing. It was going to be used to look into careers, as well as seek help for our senior projects. However, what they said the class would be and what it actually is are two dramatically different things. We only do two things here.

We look over a ten page list of rules, which tells us what not to do at school, and then sign it ten times, saying that we will not do all of those things. At a glance, this may seem like a good idea. Some things on this list include, "I will not harass other people," "I will not vandalize school property," or "I will not smoke on school grounds." But is a signed list really going to stop these actions? Think about it. If I violated this list, and a school administrator waves it in my face saying, "Look, you signed here," my first reaction is going to be to laugh at them and say, "A world of good those signatures did."

The second frustrating activity that we do in this class is prepare for "Student Lead Conferences." Basically, we have a conference at the end of the year, with our parents, in front of our teachers, at school. In order to prepare for these conferences, we have to do a series of worksheets with vague questions such as, "What is special about you?" or "What will you do to improve at school." In response to all of these questions, I simply write, "Answering a quick worksheet with vague questions will do nothing to improve me as a person. As soon as I finish the worksheet and file it away, I will forget about the questions which it asked. I am excellent at school, and I find these five-minute, vaguely-worded questions which call for 'self development' be a waste of my time, as well as everyone else's."

My frustration reached its peak when it came time to send letters out to our parents which invited them to this "special" conference. It was to be sent through the mail, on a postcard with the date and time of our conference. Once we wrote the necessary information, we had to hand it over to our teacher, who would then give it to the school to send it through the mail. Grudgingly, I filled mine out, and said to my teacher, "I'm going to take it home myself. I'm responsible enough to show it to my parents." Her answer was no.

So I say back to her that I feel insulted. Whoever set up this program believes that we are not responsible enough to present a slip of paper to our parents. Furthermore, sending letters through the mail costs money, money that is provided by our taxes. It seems to be a waste of money when all of us are more than able to carry the postcards home. Or why not just post the information on the school website, if they are so distrusting of us?

She begins to protest, when I point out the fact that there is nothing she can do. This class is not graded, and if she sent me to the principal's office for insubordination, I would be sent right back. I have done nothing to harm anyone, I am known as being what they call a "good student", and I have a valid complaint about the way that the program is being handled. It may sound a bit arrogant on my part, but knowing the principal, he would likely agree with what I would say.

So yeah...that's my gripe: all of the childish rules and regulations at our school. It makes me feel like we've suddenly digressed back to preschool. It may sound a bit self-pitying and arrogant, but I know that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
My major concern with school is that it is set up as a "one-size-fits-all" system. This is alleviated somewhat by streaming/tracking, which some schools have, but even then, there are students, like me, who find school far too easy (or, on the flipside, people who find it far too difficult). This means that I'm stuck for hours in class not learning anything, except when I pull out my own book to learn new things. :/

The other major problem with school is that teachers and school administrators are terrified of being wrong or shown up by a student. School rules that a student sees as asinine cannot even be reasonably debated, because the admins and teachers really don't care. It seems that education isn't the only objective of school, but also to be a place for parents to dump their kids.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
I went to two totally different private schools growing up. One was a college-prep school I attended from Preschool through 8th grade (my brothers still go there, one will be in 8th this fall and the other a high school senior). The other was a heavily watered-down, tiny school for 'special' people (meaning 99% of people there had ADHD and sometimes other things like dyslexia).

I don't have ADHD or any of those sorts of things, but I do have Asperger's Syndrome, which didn't have a negative effect on my academic performance (rather, it had a positive one), but hindered my ability to be accepted by the other kids. That's part of why my parents put me in a different school. That and I wasn't doing well with all the huge college-prep papers and stuff we had to write in English and History (but I think it was more out of laziness than anything else). Funny how I'm in college, and it's not even close to being as hard as my middle school teachers made it sound. But then I'm at a private art school, not a university.

Anyway, I learned that kids and teens are wild, cruel little monsters no matter what kind of school you're at. I loved all the teachers and faculty growing up with very few exceptions. You can say those things still carry on to this day. I'm accepted much better here by my peers, but there's still that element of feeling more comfortable with faculty than with fellow students. The college student mentality is just as hard for me to swallow as that of the wild ADHD high schoolers and the rich primary/middle schoolers I knew back in the day.

One more thing I didn't like about high school in particular is that it offered absolutely nothing other than the 4 core academics (math, English, science, and social studies), plus watered-down art, music, computer (read: Microsoft Office and keyboarding), and PE classes (though I'm glad PE was less than what I'd have been put through at the other school). We didn't have all those cool 'specialized' classes I hear about all the time. The one thing that made up for that, though, was that we were the one private school that offered juniors and seniors a chance to go to a Tech school in the mornings, and pick what they wanted to take there if they chose to take the opportunity (most other people there are from public schools or are home-schooled).

That Tech school was my saving grace those years, not only for giving me something to learn that I didn't alreadly learn in middle school, but it also kept me sane. The environment there was friendly, encouraging, engaging, and made you feel grown up and professional. My high school itself, despite claiming otherwise, treated everyone like they all had the same problems and generally made me feel like I wasn't being listened to/cared enough about. There was also an issue with a certain fellow I was dating at the time, but that's another text-wall's worth in itself. Basically, Tech was the Heaven to high school's Hell.

Wow, speaking of text-walls... Whoops ._.;;

fango pango

This fire burns, always.
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
everyone of these id agree with and another thing i find school horrible is r.e(religious education)dont get me wrong i have nothing against christians,jews etc but really who likes r.e here...EXACTLY;:pink_pissed:
and the worst partis ITS SO<METHING I HAVE TO DO WHEN IVE GOT MY OPTIONS:cer_pissed: BUT THE OTHER THINGS I HAVE TO DO IN MY OPTIONS ARE WORTH DOING(maths,english and science)

Years
everyone of these id agree with and another thing i find school horrible is r.e(religious education)dont get me wrong i have nothing against christians,jews etc but really who likes r.e here...EXACTLY;:pink_pissed:

I'm doing an A-level in Philosophy & Ethics, the nearest equivalent to Religious Education, thank you very much, and I enjoy it very much. Don't make inane, insulting and stupid statements like that.

fango pango

This fire burns, always.
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
I'm doing an A-level in Philosophy & Ethics, the nearest equivalent to Religious Education, thank you very much, and I enjoy it very much. Don't make inane, insulting and stupid statements like that.
now dont get me wrong though innocuous i dont mean to offend anyone,its my opinion...and th rest of my forms opinion ok
and they dont let electrical ppliancesin school(unless you hide it)
but thisyear was like the best to bring in phones and stuff cos we had a teacher who didnt take tem off us...but htey retired:cer_blankstare:

Years
now dont get me wrong though innocuous i dont mean to offend anyone,its my opinion...and th rest of my forms opinion ok

So far I've seen you object to it, not 'the rest of the forum'. I find it insulting that you'd trivialise a whole area of study just like that, especially one that studies arguably the most hotly-contested topic in the history of the world.

fango pango

This fire burns, always.
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
So far I've seen you object to it, not 'the rest of the forum'. I find it insulting that you'd trivialise a whole area of study just like that, especially one that studies arguably the most hotly-contested topic in the history of the world.
i dont get what that means
and also
i hate school
breaks and lunch go too fast and lessons go to slow

Back