• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rap/Hip Hop

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Hip-hop was never dying, didn't ever die, and will never die.

That said, I can't stand mainstream MTV rap and "hip-hop", sorry to all the people above who like that stuff, but I just hate it.

My favourite mc's would be Aesop Rock, Mr. Lif, and Cannibal Ox (Although i've barely heard much of the Ox's stuff...)

I love freestyles, and I like to battle my friends even though we probably all suck and can't flow, hehe

Here's an example of one of my shitty freestyles against my friend:

I throw out one rhyme and bend space and time
    make mc's turn to dust, put on a helmet that ****'s a must, cause your heads about to get a bust, you need to oil your rhymes I see some rust, meanwhile my rhymes cause quakes that split the earth's crust

weak mc's orbit my lyrics like a satellite, but it's a one sided fight, straight crushin them like high gravity under my might, scare the stragglers out of fright, aight? Cause I rap until there's no %&^$in daylight, then continue until early morning, nah i'm not out of flow lets get this **** pouring, you know i've just started warring

I got nuclear rhymes like $%&^in kim jong eel, rip apart weak mc's like a banana peel, you feel? I squash them like little bugs under my heel, you know the deal, cause this MC is real

i got more twist and turns than trees that wildfires burn, you're soon gonna learn, don't even face this MC unless you want a grave, I admit that ****'s brave, but you're not gonna find your save

Hell no, no pity from me, you see, cause i'm an aggresive MC, just can't stop my momentum, Hip-Hop's square root know whats the sum? That would be MC SIN damn bum!!!!

lol

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Um. I like both Rap and Hip-Hop. Well Hip-Hop has to be my fave, cause I dance Hip-Hop. But I like rap a lot too. I guess I'd say Eminem/Slim Shady. My brothers friend calls me Eminem for some odd reason....

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    ^^^^
    Wow, a 12 year old girl dancing to hip-hop? lol that's awesome

I like Eminem's old stuff when he was still underground, especially his freestyles. Very little of his new stuff doesn't sound "sold out" to me.

Last edited:

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    A lot of people dance to Hip-hop these days. Guys do the break dancing(I do a little myself)

I personally think Eminem's songs have no message to kids my age(maybe younger) but I still like his stuff ;)

ceremony

rah rah
    Years
    Actually, so do I. Jeezy is a love/hate type of thing for me. Some songs I love him, and some I don't. I Luv It was amazing (in my opinion), but I wanted to rip my ears off when I heard Diamonds on My Damn Chain (though Fab kinda killed it too... horrid song in general).
    the last jeezy song i liked was on "say i" with christina milian. and that was in '06

Man, have you heard of Nino Bless? (seeing as we've made this our personal discussion thread, might as well continue the discussion). xD
    nah, but i checked his myspace. he def. sounds NY. he kinda reminded me of Pitch Black.

Homeboy Sandman is awesome. he was on a subway in nyc promoting his stuff so i found his myspace. when i read he graduated from Penn and is a teacher, i was like whaat

the only canadian rapper i know is Classified and his crew. he's pretty good actually.

I love freestyles, and I like to battle my friends even though we probably all suck and can't flow, hehe
    i used to freestyle all the time with the friends that COULD actually and not sound horrible. but then it fell off and i write tons better than i can freestyle. not saying im bad though, since at one gig i forgot the lyrics of a song and i had to freestyle the rest, and at a friend's house party i freestyled for 10 minutes. kinda made my mouth dry

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I used to listen to rap/hip hop, but ever since this garbage that it is today started being played I turned away from it. A lot of these new people to rap and hip hop are simply ruining it, namely Soulja Boy, 50 Cent (even though he's really not 'new'), etc.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2010
    The only guy i listened to was named 'Lupe Fiasco'. I don't listen to much rap but i really liked "Superstar". Let the flaming commence.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Tech N9ne is the sweetest flavor of Hip Hop today. I feel like he writes just for me. And Rap is poetry and most people who put it down are those who obviously have a problem with Blacks becoming successful and wealthier than they are. I mean, Rock music(which I also listen to) is only a bunch of young kids singing sad songs or about suicide. Im just generalizing to irritatte other rock fans because thats how it comes across when you all do it. Also, those of you who hate on rappers are inspiration for them to write songs about how they live a better life than you. And if its as bad as you say how come many artists go platinum each year. Its what the general populaiton is feeling now so get out of your feelings!

Haza

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Hmmm, thats weirdness from space.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
    No not all rock necessarily means that. Theres certain types of rock thats classified in what your saying

If you like rap so much You should listen to these
    Tum Tum:Deep in the heart of Texas
    Tum Tum: Im a star
    Tum Tum: Eat or Get Ate

Lil Wayne: Ridin with that K

The Federation: Black Roses (Rap with a rock and rap beat) It's pretty tight.

Techn9ne: Yeah (one of his new songs from his latest cd)

Ying yang twins: Drop

Theres alot more but I'm too lazy to post it.

Edit: If you wanna listen to some rap with meaning listen to Tupac, Some of Naz's songs, Grits(weird name),Kanye west,Lupe Fiasco,and some of Chamillionare.There all I can think of right now.

Rap, rock, and Hip-hop all day baby!

Last edited:

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Finally other neutral music fans. I have every Tech N9ne album and yeah is not the best on Killer. Its either poisonous or enjoy.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I like the Beastie Boys! Lol. I like the Phantom Of The Opera theme on Psycho B II. Also Seven Words, and the Sexorcist and Too Much are great tracks o that album. Overall Killer is a good album that any HipHop fan would enjoy.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    soulja boy is just plain garbage he cant rap all that dance rap n ish is all garbage there the reason hip-hop is dyin

True, terrible people like "soldier boy(i'm sorry, i just hate spelling wrong on purpose)" make genres terrible.
    but he decided to extort more money by making another terrible song.
    the only difference was a few words and spider man instead of superman.
    i only like songs that make sense, the music today is all crashing down.
    S.O.A.D, for example, has absolutely terrible songs now.
    i could hardly stand listening to terracotta pie, let alone enjoy it.

Last edited:

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Soulja Boy did not write or rap in Crank Dat Spiderman. Also there are hundreds of Crank Dat songs and Soulja Boy was just doing what he could to make money and get out of the hood. There is nothing wrong with that. Tech N9ne also discusses this topic in his song on his new album Killer, the song is called Crybaby.

Back